Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BC_Gambit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Just posting this as a heads up I have decided I should sell my reproduction Centaur white variant playfield.

The project game I just picked up came with a rescreened playfield, so as awesome and OMG RARE! this one is I have decided to let this one go:
ebay.com link: Centaur Pinball Playfield Reproduction Rare White Variant 1 of 3 ever made

#2 10 years ago

That playfield looks awesome. Wonder if there are any pics of one installed in a machine?

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from cardfelon:

That playfield looks awesome. Wonder if there are any pics of one installed in a machine?

I'm curous myself (but not curious enough to use this when I have a "lesser" playfield on hand, if anything I will be targeting a players restoration and may not even use the other playfield I have depending on how well the one in the machine touches up).

I honestly have never seen one of these turn up since they went up for sale, so if anybody has pics or links please share!

#4 10 years ago

Here is the background story about the 3 white sprayed reproduction Centaur playfields:

http://classicplayfields.com/photo74.html

"WHITE TOP VERSION - since this was leftover gameboard stock, some of the maple veneers were not the best in appearance.
We decided it would be cool to mask the ENTIRE SURFACE in white silkscreen enamel, so the black artwork "floats" in infinity white,
right to the edges. The shooter groove and Orb release flap area are also completely white to match. Any place there would be
bare wood lips (around bulb holes, drop target openings, etc) are also clean white. "Orb Release Tunnel" is red.
Everything is under clearcoat, of course. If you decide on one of these, you'll have one of only THREE made - ever."

#5 10 years ago

Thank you vid for the additional info, and... shameless bump. Ends tomorrow.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rare-white-repro-centaur-playfield-for-auction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.