Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Moto_bone
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180718-182816 (resized).png
    IMG_20180408_161656_532 (resized).jpg
    CB4B6BFB-72CB-4117-9732-1B6D1091CC45 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20180602_074603 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20180602_074633 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20180602_074614 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20180602_074644 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180602_074704 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Other items - for sale

Rare Tempest Cocktail

Added: 2018-06-22 22:12:40 UTC • Ended: August 7th, 2018

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 1,100 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

Price reduction before going in the garage.

Up for sale or trade is a nice Atari tempest in cocktail form.

Pretty rare machine.

Has a freshly refurbished board set from a very reputable klov member.

Board has tempest v1, v3, tubes and a breakout game.

The board alone was $400+

Wg6100 is freshly capped and bullet proofed with a new lv mod.

Item photos

IMG_20180602_074704 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20180602_074644 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20180602_074614 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20180602_074633 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180602_074603 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Moto_bone's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Moto_bone's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Elyria, OH, US

#2 5 years ago

Bump!!

#3 5 years ago

I've never seen one of these, very cool, bump.

#4 5 years ago

I used to have a cocktail Tempest years ago. Now I have the upright, love the side art on that game.

I do love Atari cocktails of this era though as they are unlike any other cocktail where you can adjust the legs to barstool height. Same could be done on your tempest. Here is how my Centipede resides.

CB4B6BFB-72CB-4117-9732-1B6D1091CC45 (resized).jpegCB4B6BFB-72CB-4117-9732-1B6D1091CC45 (resized).jpeg
    #5 5 years ago

Very good game Tempest!!

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

I used to have a cocktail Tempest years ago. Now I have the upright, love the side art on that game.
    I do love Atari cocktails of this era though as they are unlike any other cocktail where you can adjust the legs to barstool height. Same could be done on your tempest. Here is how my Centipede resides.

Yea, I have it set low so my two little kids and get down on some classic gaming

It's such a cool game for sure, I'm just trying to move it along to someone that is looking for their Grail game.

#7 5 years ago

Price seems very fair.

Here's info on mine...

https://aaarpinball.com/Tempest/Tempest.htm

... Altan

#8 5 years ago

One on KLOV in ID (not mine) for quite a bit less. Not dissing OP, but just sharing in case someone wants one but doesn’t have quite the cheese for this nice example

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from seshpilot:

One on KLOV in ID (not mine) for quite a bit less. Not dissing OP, but just sharing in case someone wants one but doesn’t have quite the cheese for this nice example

Everything is cheaper in Idaho bump.

#10 5 years ago

The brutal reality is that color vector stuff is hard to find, hard to fix, and hard to keep working, unless you babysit the machine(s). Helps keep prices high. I've owned nearly every single one at some point and speak from 18 years experience fixing them.

#11 5 years ago

Why or WHYYYYYY did I not buy that Space Duel cocktail 4 years ago for $600 (with a capped, original monitor).

I haven't broke into video game collecting, but this would be a good place to start if it was local.
    So much class in Atari classics..

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

Why or WHYYYYYY did I not buy that Space Duel cocktail 4 years ago for $600 (with a capped, original monitor).
    I haven't broke into video game collecting, but this would be a good place to start if it was local.
    So much class in Atari classics..

I'm mostly in the vid side of things, but only cocktail cabinet projects I have are Atari Football and Joust. I'm really mehhh on most cocktail cabinets, but the Tempest (and Space Duel) were REALLY well done and interesting to look at.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from seshpilot:

No offense taken.

Just a reminder though, this is a freshly gone through board set with extra ROMs that are user selectable.

Completely gone through wg6100 crt with all of the bad design features fixed.

New Atari big blue cap.

Plays great, looks great!

#14 5 years ago

I'm also open to pin trade offers or other vector based vids.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Moto_bone:

I'm also open to pin trade offers or other vector based vids.

How about a Vectrex for trade? Comes with a 101 games (vector based) multi-cart and a light pen.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

How about a Vectrex for trade? Comes with a 101 games (vector based) multi-cart and a light pen.

You mean one of these?

IMG_20180408_161656_532 (resized).jpgIMG_20180408_161656_532 (resized).jpg
    #17 5 years ago

Bump price reduction.

#18 5 years ago

Tempest used to be my favorite game. Loved whipping that spinner around. I have a multicade with Tempest on it...it's not the same without a spinner. If it weren't for location x 2 (location of the machine now and where I would locate it once I got it) I would be sending you a PM.
    Anyhow, bump for great game.
    GLWS

#19 5 years ago

Man I absolutely love this game; and a cocktail version no less! Beautiful example

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man I absolutely love this game; and a cocktail version no less! Beautiful example

Thanks!

Seems it's all crickets in here for trying to sell/trade it though.

Guess I'll go and try and beat the yellow waves

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Moto_bone:

Thanks!
    Seems it's all crickets in here for trying to sell/trade it though.
    Guess I'll go and try and beat the yellow waves

I literally just drove past you yesterday, but no room in the car unfortunately. While I have no doubt your price is justified, it’s just way too much for me right now. But man I know
    Somebody will love this game -

#22 5 years ago

If I could I would

One of my favorite arcades. Plus like others say, it's one of the better looking cocktails

#23 5 years ago

I'd buy it but then my wife would kill me for not buying her a Galaga cocktail machine all these years!

1 week later
    #24 5 years ago

Bump. Any offers??

#25 5 years ago

I had a Space Duel cocktail, love those color vectors!

#26 5 years ago

Man i wish i had the cash....me likey.

#27 5 years ago

I had a really nice one of these about 15 years ago. Probably my biggest regret in getting rid of game.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

I had a Space Duel cocktail, love those color vectors!

Great game! Something about color vectors are just stunning!

#29 5 years ago

Does the cocktail Tempest have a larger screen than the upright?

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Does the cocktail Tempest have a larger screen than the upright?

No, it's the same exact size- which is why it's a rare cabinet. Most cocktails use smaller crts.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Moto_bone:

No, it's the same exact size- which is why it's a rare cabinet. Most cocktails use smaller crts.

This is another cool thing about the Atari cabarets too.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Clytor:

This is another cool thing about the Atari cabarets too.

Most cabaret and cocktail games have a smaller monitor. This Tempest along with Space Duel is the exception. Not sure what you meant here.

#33 5 years ago

I just want to sell this thing. Anyone near me want to make a decent offer?!?

#34 5 years ago

Bump?

#35 5 years ago

Price reduced!

#36 5 years ago

Stop it! You're killing me! Thank goodness you're 9 hours away bump

#37 5 years ago

Ugh I may have to make the drive I’m afraid...someone pllllllzzzzzzz buy it now.

#39 5 years ago

Messages like these make me

Lol..

Screenshot_20180718-182816 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180718-182816 (resized).png
    #40 5 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

this is a steal

It is! So crazy no one has really moved on it yet. I'm just needing the space otherwise it would be staying.

#41 5 years ago

That’s an insult offer. You can’t even buy a fully working color vector monitor for $600 these days.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

That’s an insult offer. You can’t even buy a fully working color vector monitor for $600 these days.

The seller asked for offers. If you don’t like an offer made via PM politely decline via PM rather than posting the private message and calling it an insult. Best of luck with the sale.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

The seller asked for offers. If you don’t like an offer made via PM politely decline via PM rather than posting the private message and calling it an insult. Best of luck with the sale.

I did indeed ask for offers- decent offers was the exact language used.

If the person messaged me with a little backstory as to why he or she feels that $600 is a decent offer for a nice condition tempest cocktail- I would be all ears and I would not have used there message as an attachment for all to see.

I guess what it comes down to is- my version of polite is probably grossly different than yours.

I consider myself polite and I generally go out of my way to help everyone I can at the cost of my own time and sometimes money.

My opinion was and still is that the message was rude.

Thanks.

#44 5 years ago

Bump for cool game.

I'm surprised no one grabbed this yet. I have an Asteroids cocktail game with the multiboard in it and love it. If I wasn't 10 hours away this would probably be sitting next to my Asteroids cocktail by now. I used to have a Space Duel cocktail that I regret selling.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

Bump for cool game.
    I'm surprised no one grabbed this yet. I have an Asteroids cocktail game with the multiboard in it and love it. If I wasn't 10 hours away this would probably be sitting next to my Asteroids cocktail by now. I used to have a Space Duel cocktail that I regret selling.

Thanks!

This board set isn't even a "multi-board" that you can purchase. This is a modded board set from Andrew over on Klov.

The breakout game that's in the ROM set is a game that clay programmed!

#46 5 years ago

I just use Pinside now to watch this thread in hopes someone wants that awesome tempest.

It is the case, however, that this is a pinball forum... maybe you'd have more luck on KLOV?

#47 5 years ago

Last bump/price reduction and then it's going in the garage.

$1100...

Anyone want to nab a tempest cocktail????

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rare-tempest-cocktail-?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.