Rare Super Flipper Video Pinball

By player-one

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/586345385363205/

I thought I had seen everything - never seen this game. Any of you ever play one? Is it even remotely fun? Apparently rare but there are two of them to be had here. A friend who collects the somewhat obscure asked for my pinball opinion and I thought it better to ask the collective.

#2 3 years ago

I've never seen one. Basically a really primitive virtual pinball. Prices seem steep for what they are, but maybe this is desirable for the right collector.

#3 3 years ago

Cool piece of history I’d love
To see. Pictured in Roger sharpes Pinball! Book.

Nothing I’d have an interest in owning.

#4 3 years ago

Played one at MGC (last year?)... found it boring. It's like playing pinball on an Atari 2600 console, IMO.
(Thanks to who brought it, for the history/novelty.)

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Played one at MGC (last year?)... found it boring. It's like playing pinball on an Atari 2600 console, IMO.
(Thanks to who brought it, for the history/novelty.)

Looks exactly about what it is! Haha. Pretty cool, I've never seen one myself

#6 3 years ago

I read about these when I was searching the history of arcade and pinball machine crossovers. I heard talk of them and saw a weird listing for one with no pictures. Collector was legit just didn’t post pics for some weird reason.

Anyway, they’re cool for historical purposes but honestly, just like the Atari shovelware that caused the 1984 video game and arcade crash, there’s quite literally zero point in playing these.
I genuinely mean that.

They are so bland and boring and awful that you will regret ruining the mystique of these games by actually playing them and realizing they’re junk.

#7 3 years ago

I figured that was the case but wanted to ask to be sure. Thanks, everyone.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rare-super-flipper-video-pinball?hl=mafia_metals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.