Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by SolarRide
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Construction Mania and Super Payday together. Requires getting Bob's Freebie randomly from the wheel spin (you must shoot the spinner) with "uranium $3 bucks" coming up and Super Payday qualified and then starting Super Payday with a second spinner shot. I have been playing RS since it came out in '94 and this is the first time I have had this stack.

#2 10 years ago

Awesome. I've had rs for 6 and never did it.

#3 10 years ago

Did someone say Stack? I am here now.

#4 10 years ago

I own Roadshow and had no idea this is even possible.
Nice!

#5 10 years ago

I am not surprised mario_1_up. It requires two random events to occur. First, the wheel has to spin to Bob's Freebie, and then, Uranium must be the message of the day.

-1) Get to the west coast
0) Qualify the wheel with a ramp shot (just after rolling over the left return lane or the inner right return lane)
1) Shoot the scoop to start Seattle, Los Angeles, or San Francisco
2) Shoot the spinner and pray that it lands on Bob's Freebie (or if the wheel is already on Bob's Freebie, a matter of random luck also, hit the left-side turnstile and shoot the ball into the blast zone with the little flipper)
3) Pray that Uranium $3 per day is the message (press flipper buttons three times)
4) shoot the second ball into the spinner alcove (you will need to shoot two balls here if you got Bob's Freebie in the Blast Zone)

Quoted from RCA1:

I own roadshow and had no idea this is even possible.
Nice!

Quoted from mario_1_up:

Awesome. I've had rs for 6 and never did it.

#6 10 years ago

You may honestly be the first to pull that off!

#7 10 years ago

I see no stacks in this thread. How misleading.

#8 10 years ago

That's an interesting stack. Never heard of the before. How many points would one normally get out of this stack?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I see no stacks in this thread. How misleading.

Dude... I'm right here!

#10 10 years ago

Very cool. The stacking possibilities are just one of the things that makes RS such a good pin.

#11 10 years ago

Well every switch hit is 3M for Construction Mania. In single ball play you can average around 150M. So with a 3 ball or 4 ball multiball Construction Mania/Super Payday, you can hang a couple balls in the jets and shoot the other ball(s) in the spinner (which is what you do anyway during Super Payday to earn wheel prize EBs). I did not have a good run when I got it. But if this stack is played to it's potential for Construction Mania, I am guessing you could get around 300M-350M.

I posted this stack more for it's unusualness than as a suggestion for a stack (good luck getting it, it's mostly random).
If you want the best strategy for the game I would suggest getting Bob's Bunker prizes over and over again along with cities, and multipliers to get your bonus way up. Always try to get Las Vegas so you can get wheel EBs and ally-pass the right inlane to light the Bob's Bunker over and over again when not in a mode (and no locks lit, etc.).

Actually one of the main flaws with this otherwise great title is that you really can't stack anything except for this bizarre CM/SP stack; modes can never overlap, and regular multiball can't be stacked with anything. I haven't tried getting the wheel lit at the spinner and hoping for Bob's Freebie during regular multiball, but I don't see why this also wouldn't be possible (again you need Bob's Freebie to come up AND Uranium to come up for this too, so it's not going to happen very often either)

So this thread was just more an item of curiosity since I am guessing that only 5% of people who play this title frequently have seen this due to the need of two random things needing to happen.

Obviously you can also stack Bad Weather with regular MB or Super Payday also, but CM/Super Payday is far more lucrative relative to a BW/MB or BW/SP stack.

Quoted from Nemesis041:

That's an interesting stack. Never heard of the before. How many points would one normally get out of this stack?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.95
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rare-stack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.