(Topic ID: 259673)

Rare, Obscure or interesting coins found

By pinballinreno

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Rare, Obscure or interesting coins found”

• This is stupid 0 votes
    • I find it fascinating 45 votes
      82%
    • Wow you got a lot of time on your hands lol 10 votes
      18%

(55 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Alexander Severus and Julia Mamea2 (resized).jpg
    Alexander Severus and Julia Mamea (resized).jpg
    7D11919F-D3BA-4092-828A-A30F7729EEB7 (resized).jpeg
    D4A1258E-5635-4C89-BEE6-1A9C9CE2CA21 (resized).jpeg
    DDAFCA34-C937-4582-B0ED-A344611199FF (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20200510122033329 (resized).jpg
    20200510122042742 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20200321_011440 (resized).jpg
    tokens2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    img004 (resized).jpg
    img003 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Isochronic_Frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago

I have a bunch of original FunSpot NH tokens from when my Baby Pac-Man was out on their floor in the 80’s.
    In my arcade games I’ve been constantly getting Chuck E. Cheese tokens, some of them original “Pizza Time Theatre” tokens also from the early 80’s. My favorites are when I get custom ones from locations, like one from The Pinball Wizard arcade which I believe is closed now.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

When I restored my 1954 Vendo 44 Coke Machine I found quite a few coins under the compressor shelf.
    Regular coins in circulation at the time.
    The machine was in original condition from a closed down and abandoned Phillips 66 gas station somewhere along route 66.
    9 mercury dimes, 5 buffalo nickles and a couple wheat back pennies.
    The were all glued down in sugar syrup like flies in amber lol
    I had a great time doing that resto.

It’s nuts how many coins get caught in that thing! I was redoing a CT-48 and there was probably 20 bucks in the thing in the drip tray and under the shelf and deep into the weird little channel they built in for the line cord.
    It’s a nice time machine for old coins though!

#61 4 years ago

Okay here’s a picture of my “interesting tokens” collection. The arcade I run is a token arcade so I usually just scoop any of the ones that catch my eye. There have been a lot of weird ones. I’m also surprised at how far they travel.

The Jillian’s one has been a pain in my ass. There were probably a dozen of so unleashed on my arcade, and they’re made of some cheap shit, they’re extremely light, like aluminum, so they were jamming my mechs left and right!
    They’re so light they would just get stuck in the little scale, wouldn’t reject. In those little token flipper games, they’re also slightly larger than my tokens so they’d get 3/4 into the chute and jam the “catapult”.
    I’ve taken that thing apart at least 6 times. I’m fairly certain I’ve got them all now.

CE1B79E2-91B7-43AE-8092-7B0CAA54D3FC.jpegCE1B79E2-91B7-43AE-8092-7B0CAA54D3FC.jpeg
    #68 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

High hopes that they are the right size and weight...?

All the others? Yes they all work, I have an entire separate collection of Chuck E Cheese tokens dating back to 1982 that keep showing up. By far the most common are super old Dave & Busters token and the CEC tokens. They’re same type of token as mine but I find it funny that people carry them around so long and decide “I’m gonna use these in this arcade”

3 months later
    #116 3 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Found inside a Baywatch cabinet that was a reimport from Japan.[quoted image]

I’ve got hundreds of those in all my Pachislo slots

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Isochronic_Frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rare-obscure-or-interesting-coins-found?tu=Isochronic_Frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.