4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

63C7EE37-C0C8-4AEC-9001-81DE1AA0039C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 4 years ago

I'm so over these uber-complicated games that you have to watch a documentary for to really 'get' the rules. Probably explains why I only have Crescendo and Cyclone at this point. Deep games are great at home, but the first time I have to play one of these in a tournament, I'm going to get my ass handed to me, just like on IMDN, because either the rules are not understandable at a glance, or the points are buried so far down in the game, there's no practical way to get to them in a reasonable amount of time.

Like..I'm really sick and tired of having to play multiple 45 minute 2 player games of IMDN when I go to leagues or tournaments. And it happens every. Bloody. Time. I'm quite frankly afraid of JP ending up in the same bucket, but it feels less 'friendly' in regards to ball drains than IMDN. Might just be me.

I didn't need a guide for AC/DC or Deadpool or Tron, but I feel like even after hundreds of games on IMDN, I still barely have a clue what the f00k is going on with the scoring, and why some games are 600 million, and others are sub 100. JP...I haven't played enough games on to say the same, but I still feel like I'm just trying to hammer the paddock constantly, because nothing seems worth good points unless I'm stacking a multiball, and the shots just feel clunky to me. I dunno if it's poor flipper alignment at the place I have access to it or what, but that spot target behind the pops? It's damn near impossible to shoot.

I think ultimately...Keith is just designing games for himself. It just HAPPENS that there's enough buyers that agree with his choices to move them out of the factory. But, I'm not Keith, and I will never be Keith, because I don't have 40 hours a week to just play pinball anymore. I hope at some point he'll deign to do something a bit less 'clusterfucky', but in the meanwhile, think I'm just stuck with Borg (Tron and Met are my top modern games...so...).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 16.00
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rare-hero-eats-crow-my-apologies-to-stern-jurassic-park?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.