Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Tomcat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

So I'm in Katy, Texas on business and I wander into the local mall to search for pinball. Expectations are low if not microscopic. But alas, an arcade! It's called "TILT Studio". Must have pins, right!? "tilt" is, after all, a term unique to pinball.

Um, no. Nada. Asked the tech walking around. He said "I wish". Bummer.

Moving on...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

No wonder, the balls would fall right onto the glass and it would be very difficult to play.

#3 10 years ago

The only thing worse than having a name that implies pins is a location that has pins that aren't maintained. To top things off, you never find out what doesn't work until you've put a couple bucks in it or worse you think "you" are the problem.

So...it could be worse.

#4 10 years ago

Wow, must have been really far south if everything is upside down.

#5 10 years ago

I wonder how much business they make with an upside down arcade interesting concept.. will it blend?
    Haha jk.
    Sorry about that with a name like tilt you'd think so right. Pinball is coming back but still hard to find good games on location. Luckily I live in the Chicago area so I have a few options of play wish I could find more older games though, oh well wait for expo right around the corner.

#6 10 years ago

Don't feel bad, they just opened a 60,000 sq ft arcade in the center of Va.Beach......not 1 pinball machine in sight. When I asked the manager "why?"....he said they did not want "old style games" in a new arcade!!!! ....at least I live close to Flippers!

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from hooch333:

he said they did not want "old style games" in a new arcade!!!!

Because candy/toy cranes are so cutting edge...

#8 10 years ago

Haha so true centerflank! Not to mention the "whack a mole" bopping games. Talk about state of the art!

#9 10 years ago

Ah, the old Pinside picture flip. Honest, looking at it here in Texas on my iPhone its right side up.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from hooch333:

.he said they did not want "old style games" in a new arcade!!!!

In this day and age of high operating costs. you can't blame them for doing what they know works.

LTG : )

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Ah, the old Pinside picture flip. Honest, looking at it here in Texas on my iPhone its right side up.

I figured it would work in Australia. I didn't realize Texas moved to the other side of the equator.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I figured it would work in Australia. I didn't realize Texas moved to the other side of the equator.

You need an adapter.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

It's the South of the Border edition.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

and make lot's of profit off games that can be setup to make it real hard to win or even only win when they want you to.

#15 10 years ago

It's not like redemption games are really cutting edge. They've been around for a while.

#16 10 years ago

I've seen sideways photos, but not upside down ones. Kudos!

I'm in Buffalo for work and the pinball is scarce here too. There's a nice Sopranos at the pool hall around the block from my hotel though. A no good gofers somewhat nearby too. Not much else. Have not seen ANY arcade.

#17 10 years ago

On Sunday, I felt like playing a few games in the wild. First stop about 5 miles from my house at Lumpys, a bar/restaurant. Transformers was out of order. Seems the owner bought the pin himself, something went wrong, and now he can't find a soul to fix it.

Stop #2 was Island City Lanes in Minoqua. They had 2 seemingly operable machines. I put my money in T2 for a 2 player game. At ball 3, one of the balls hung up in the machine.
    On to the second pin, lethal weapon 3. The ball got hung up on this pin on ball 2.

Stop #3 was only a couple of blocks away. Batman forever. The coin mechanism is inoperable on this machine....rendering it completely inoperable.

Some days its good to have a pin or two at home.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hoopjohn:

Some days its good to have a pin or two at home.

You must have mistyped that last sentence. Correction: Every day its good to have a pin or two at home.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Maybe a new idea for a pin toy? "Yes, that crane is working. You just have to lock three balls here, hit that flashing target and hit that left ramp twice."

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rant-no-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.