(Topic ID: 44759)

RANT! My best friend won't play pinball only Gears of War!!!

By FiveSixPyro

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fivesixpyro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I've known this guy since 3rd grade! You know the kind of friend where you don't call to see what's going on that night because no matter what you'll be the first to call IF something comes up. The guy that was with me when I tell new friends of all the crazy stories from growing up or when we were young adults (college years).

I have been in touch with him on and off for a few years but he had no car and lived in the city. He comes back home and it's been awesome. Telling our stories to others and catching up. When we were kids all we did was play Street fighter, mortal combat and eventually Quake 3 on PC. I mean if I ever had a friend that loved any and all gaming it should be him. He pops over and has absolutely no interest in my machine. Not even "i'll play a ball" just out of curiosity. Just a lecture about how the new Gears of war is about to come out (it's out now). Instead of coming over, having a few beers and playing some pinball he'd rather me buy an X-box that I don't have knowing a new system is coming for this coming Christmas. The best part is his argument is that we can both be home and play. I love shooters. I had a long quake 3 addiction. I mean like wake up at 5 am to pee and deciding to play till 10 am type of addiction. WHY CAN'T MY FRIEND PLAY PINBALL!

I even told him to come where I play in my league because they have all the old fighting arcade games he would go broke using when we were kids. Nah, he wanted to know if they have x-box or ps3. I don't expect him to LOVE pinball and be obsessed in an instant. It just doesn't make any sense that he has absolutely no interest in even ONE PLUNGE!

HELP!

#3 11 years ago

I will succeed eventually! I am lucky enough to have someone that brought me into the hobby so I have someone. I'm just flabbergasted that a true "gamer" that loves all games treats pinball like a biohazard! Heh. You're right, I don't expect any pinball love. I just don't understand this scenario!

#5 11 years ago

Ahhh, as a poker player I should have thought of that! But then again, poker isn't gambling. It's a game of skill! muahahahaha (scoops pot )

#17 11 years ago

Many great points here! Mainly....

- no expectations
    - no pressure
    - Any man left alone for long enough in a room with a Pin will eventually play
    - Don't intimidate or try to explain the rules
    -gambling and alcohol + pinball = Tourny!

He's not just a console guy. We played quake online via interwebs. We loved playing time crisis at the mall and movie theaters.. I know if I called right now he would be down for a good game of mahjong, billiards or poker. I'm very thankful for the replies!

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Fatsquatch:

You should fill up your car or sumthin'. Tssss...tsssss...
    Double gas-caps!

estsss that was a friggin good one!

Quoted from rockinganker:

I don't get the need in having everyone love pinball. We all have different interests, video games are his and pinball is yours.
    I would say most of my friends do not like pinball, not even a little. They see ACDC and Tron and say "Hey, those look cool" but do not have an interest to play even one game.
    I also have arcade games and most people will play Donkey Kong, Pac man or Tapper right away and do so for hours.
    Different strokes for different folks.

I don't expect to have everyone love pinball. I just look at it like a slot machine. Even if you hate slots if you went to your friend's house and saw a cool industrial slot... I think that you're more likely than not to pull the handle at least once. I mean it's human nature.. right?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fivesixpyro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rant-my-best-friend-wont-play-pinball-only-gears-of-war?tu=fivesixpyro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.