7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MK6PIN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

70b-800wi (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

someone on the Village pointed out that BOP 2.0 made it into the top 5. Checked it out and Dialed In is number 8. Both have 17 ratings. Just had to laugh. BOP 2.0 is great, but have to wonder how at just above the minimum cutoff the ranking goes that high. I know, ratings/rankings are subjective and all that but it does seem that to crack the top ten, or twenty or something it'd be nice to see 100+ ratings min. So it maybe reads better. Not important for really any reason, but it tickled me a bit to see that. Time to get a custom game built, get 15 quick reviews and snapshot the Pinside Top 100

#2 7 years ago

You have to remember where these ratings come from and who are doing them.

70b-800wi (resized).jpg70b-800wi (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You have to remember where these ratings come from and who are doing them.

Oh great, now you had to go offend Bozo the clown.

#4 7 years ago

I think it would be a cool to have multiple "Top 100" ranking lists. One for "Top 100 All Time" that a game can only get on after a year from release (can be reviewed but wouldn't be averaged and put on list until 1 year after release) and a "Top 100" list for each year (Top 100 2017, Top 100 2016, etc) that would allow new games to get on a ranking list right away. It would also be cool to compare how rankings change year after year using the numbered year lists.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think it would be a cool to have multiple "Top 100" ranking lists. One for "Top 100 All Time" that a game can only get on after a year from release (can be reviewed but wouldn't be averaged and put on list until 1 year after release) and a "Top 100" list for each year (Top 100 2017, Top 100 2016, etc).

That's a cool idea ... might diffuse some of the drama and make for more meaningful comparisons.

I wish people wouldn't take the top 100 at all seriously, but any ranking system of any kind on the internet is going to have insecure people obsessing over it and determined to game it.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Oh great, now you had to go offend Bozo the clown.

I'm still terrified of Bozo....nightmares from my childhood....a killer, he was.....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rankings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.