2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by HPR
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

While I like challenging shots, I realized that my favorite pins are the ones that have fast play. I was wondering what everyone's favorite games are that have good flow and play fast?

#2 2 years ago

TS, MET, SM, (AFM, MM, MB pick 2!)

#4 2 years ago

Totally agree on SM and AFM. That's what made me want to see what else was out there...

#5 2 years ago

TWDLE
    ACDC
    GBLE
    Flash
    IM

#6 2 years ago
    #7 2 years ago

TWD pro
    IM
    Met pro
    Tron
    AcDc

#8 2 years ago

Tron
    Met
    Flash Gordon
    AFM
    SM

honorable mention for speed alone
    Star Trek (Enterprise)

#9 2 years ago

Big Daddy is about the fastest game I own and the ball flows out of play in an instant. A minute long game is a good one.

Followed by

El Toro (WMS)

Trade Winds

Pinky

Big Deal

#10 2 years ago

I was going to say.. 99% of all the pins listed so far are DMD. There are a ton of older games w great flow!

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

99% of all the pins listed so far are DMD.

So far I haven't met any DMD game that is over as fast as some of the EMs or early solid states.

There are too many features that prevent this. Ball saves, tilt warnings, inlanes, narrow flipper gaps..etc

When I want a fast game, it's the older ones I play.

#12 2 years ago

By fast do you mean short ball time or do you mean the ball is always moving around fast without many stops or slow downs? Many times the latter leads to the former but they are different.

I think people listing DMD games are thinking fast=speed and people lists older games are thinking fast = short ball time.

#13 2 years ago

If it's fast speed of ball on a DMD game, I saw a blur most times I played No Fear.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from oohlou:

By fast do you mean short ball time or do you mean the ball is always moving around fast without many stops or slow downs? Many times the latter leads to the former but they are different.
    I think people listing DMD games are thinking fast=speed and people lists older games are thinking fast = short ball time.

Agreed. I read the OP thread as fast and flow. ..ball travelling at scorching speeds with good flowing momentum. Not gonna find that kind of speed in those 'ol stinkers sorry ODIN

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not gonna find that kind of speed in those 'ol stinkers sorry ODIN

You never played my Skateball dude.

#16 2 years ago

Is anything faster than IM? I love how it kicks my ass.

#17 2 years ago

F-14,IM, Met, tron, and did I mention F-14

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You never played my Skateball dude.

True! Can't wait to play it though

#19 2 years ago

I can't wait to play that Flash Gordon I just picked up. I understand it is both kinds of fast. Need a board for it first though.

#20 2 years ago

Here, I list a few different ones.

Full Throttle
    High Speed
    Indy 500
    Flash Gordon
    Title Fight

#21 2 years ago

In no order...

No Fear
    Stern Star Trek
    Game of Thrones
    Full Throttle
    F-14 Tomcat

#23 2 years ago

Flash Gordon
    Nine Ball
    Gladiators
    Theatre of Magic
    Metallica

No Fear
    Black knight 2000

#24 2 years ago

There is nothing faster than the outer loops on Johnny Mnemonic

#25 2 years ago

By fast, yes I implied the ball seems to never stop... not that it drains fast. My short experience with SM was the game I was thinking of when I wrote this... There are some good games mentioned that I didn't think of, thanks for all your input.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheBigDog:

By fast, yes I implied the ball seems to never stop... not that it drains fast. My short experience with SM was the game I was thinking of when I wrote this... There are some good games mentioned that I didn't think of, thanks for all your input.

Well afm, met pro, mb , mm are flow beasts and for the most part anything with a fan layout is with some scoop stoppage here and there. Afm is the best tho for overall speed and flow imo.....

#27 2 years ago

For FAST play, not in any preferred order:

Getaway: High Speed 2
    T2
    TAF
    AC/DC
    Top Card

#28 2 years ago

I thought AC/DC was fast, but I'm really surprised by how many have listed MET. Not because I think it's slow, I've only played it a handful of times at the PHOF, but now I want to go play at More.

#29 2 years ago

Met pro (IMO) faster than the premium due to less ball stoppage.

TWD Pro (again) less stoppage than the premium (crossbow). There's little to stop the ball in TWD pro only a few areas to catch your breath like when the ball is in the pops.

I only played JM a few times but seems like the ball is often on the glove mechanism which slows the flow.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Met pro (IMO) faster than the premium due to less ball stoppage.
    TWD Pro (again) less stoppage than the premium (crossbow). There's little to stop the ball in TWD pro only a few areas to catch your breath like when the ball is in the pops.
    I only played JM a few times but seems like the ball is often on the glove mechanism which slows the flow.

I'm happy when the glove slows down the gameplay. It's so fast that I need a break from the super fast ramps and outer loops.

#31 2 years ago

Im....st stern....Twd....met....tf....

#32 2 years ago

Mustang
    Mustang
    Mustang
    ST
    IM

#33 2 years ago

Last.
    Five.
    Games.
    I.
    Waxed.

#34 2 years ago

I'll throw out a few things depending on how you look at the word fast...

JD (set up RIGHT and MEAN) are fast in the way that the ball gets back to your flippers really quickly.

IM is fast in both play time and how quickly the ball navigates the loops and whatnot.

DM is fast in the way that you can keep hitting stuff on the fly if you are playing really well and just keep looping and looping the ball.

VND is fast in the way that you can get the balls moving so fast you can't react. It's my favorite pure speed game which makes it one of my favorite games period - again, if it is set up right, otherwise it's absolutely terrible. The key is the four GLo-Balls it uses are the same weight as a TZ Powerball, so they move FAST, the ramps and orbits are made to return the ball to the flippers super fast, and the targets are designed to bounce the ball straight back to the flippers. I love this game - I need to get mine back from where it is loaned!!

#35 2 years ago

Iron Man
    Johnny Mnem
    Black Hole
    No Fear
    Fireball Classic (No zipper flippers to slow things down.)

#37 2 years ago

For flow and fast play:

STLE
    ACDC
    Tron
    IM
    The Shadow

#38 2 years ago

I would say hs2 and one ,taf, met, except for cross bow twd premiumn, s.s, wh20, fish tales I'm sure there is a few others that I'm am forgetting like i.m, afm, f.h lots of great games with fast balls and great flow, also depending on the pitch of the game most machines are fast if set up properly...

#40 2 years ago

MET pro
    TWD Pro
    JM (glove aside)
    GoT Pro
    IM

#41 2 years ago

Surprised Avatar hasn't been mentioned yet...

#42 2 years ago

Flash Gordon
    RFM
    Star Gazer
    Nine Ball
    Black Knight
    Jungle Lord

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.00
    Boards
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 64.00
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside