As it stands today:
1. Congo. By and large the best DMD i've played.
2. GNR. The pin is just damn fun. Great use of magnets. Very colorful pf.
3. TFTC. Again, just damn fun. The DE rulesets around this era I enjoy a great deal.
4. Flintstones. Love the colorful pf. Also the rules are easy to follow. Very laid back pin. Light hearted
5. BSD. Fun, but kinda the same thing over and over. Dark and dreary.
6. TS. Pure player's pin. Very serious.
I guess I've found that I enjoy pins that aren't so serious. I like pins that are easy to play and fun.
Quoted from o-din:
Good call! Otherwise we wouldn't have them. But out of 27 machines I can give you first to go and last to go.
Last to go would be Big Daddy
First to go would be TronLE
First to go would be the novelty games, in this order...
Strikes And Spares
Then, the EM's:
Now we're to the real keepers....
And the last 5:
There. I did it, you bastard.....
Quoted from tamoore:
Then, the EM's:
Can't really blame you with these.
But on the other hand several of my EMs besides Big Daddy will be staying for a very long time-
Kings & Queens
These are some of the cream of the crop in very nice condition, and letting them go would mean I would never see them again, or any like them.
Not sure I've found any pin yet that is a permanent part of the collection. ACDC and TZ are contenders. But I'm relatively new to the hobby and there are so many great games left to enjoy and plenty more around the corner. Wish I had the gigantic basement and a pinhead wife so that I could keep them all.
So 10 months ago The Shadow was numero uno on your list.......and now it's gone.
I only kept 1 of my 4 from previous line up...the keeper was #1 in the original list
(Diner is currently at a friends on temp trade for Tommy whilst I repair it. Tommy would be right behind TSPP if it were in my collection - Diner is for sale - still a ton of fun and the most challenging machine I own but I have other things I want more (Whirlwind, Whitewater, Shadow))
Can never leave:
Bad Cats - wife's orders - will be receiving the total restore treatment when PF and Ramps are done.
Likely to only leave if I find a better example:
First to leave:
1. Fish Tales - All time favorite. Like the all the shots and the captive ball.
2. Simpsons - So many different things to shoot. Theme is excellent.
3. Johnny Mnemonic - Fastest pinball machine ever. Best video mode too.
4. Cirqus Voltaire - Great art package. Great staged wizard mode.
5. Black Rose - Simple and fun, my cannon works perfectly so it make the game enjoyable.
6. Shadow - "Anyone for Peking Duck?" Great playfield layout.
7. Lord Of The Rings - Long game times.
8. Star Trek Next Generation - Like the choice to begin each ball.
9. Twilight Zone - Perfect theme integration.
10. Indiana Jones '93 - Mode hole keeps it from being higher.
11. Big Guns - Pachinko in back box is great. Fun 2 player game.
12. Whitewater - Pretty fun.
13. Demo Man - On its way out.
14. Black Knight 2000 - Left flipper is an afterthought.
Ahh shoot, now ACDC is back near the bottom. That can't be right..
Aw to hell with it..
My favorite pin is usually the one that I turn on at that moment. I always walk away thinking man what a fun pin, I wish I had time to hit the start button again
For me, mine all have great fun factor, that's all that really matters, too hard to rank!
Not surprisingly, ranking goes from newest to oldest purchase. Though I didn't play Blackout as much as I played TZ, even when I first picked it up. Now I play it quite a bit more as a break from BSD which I've been playing often. Turns out the orbit shot on Blackout is almost the exact same shot as the left ramp on BSD.
This is my first post on Pinside, although I've been a lurker for a long time now. Here is my ranking of our current machines - I'm pretty sure my husband would rank these differently.
1. Luci (An absolute blast to play and with Aurich's artwork in it she is a beauty to look at.)
2. STTNG (Second pin I ever bought and still a lot of fun. Now if I could get Aurich to redo the translite I'd be a happy girl.)
3. TOTAN (First pin I ever bought.)
4. CV (Probably the most beautiful pinball machine I have ever seen. Artwork is gorgeous. I'd keep this one as a piece of art if nothing else.)
6. NGG (Relatively new to the collection - too busy playing Luci to play this one very much.)
7. WH20 (Absolutely cannot *STAND* the music and callouts in this game. Love the ramps though. I'd probably sell this one in a second if my husband would agree.)
Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside