(Topic ID: 281572)

Rank YOUR collection

By Audioenslaved

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201226_143213 (resized).jpg
    20200703_174439 (resized).jpg
    4-12-2020 (resized).jpeg
    123 (resized).jpg
    BIG lead (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider audioenslaved.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hey pinafores just thought I’d throw this one out there I always find it interesting how people rate their game in their own collection. No scores necessary you don’t need to justify anything if you don’t want to all that matters is your opinion on where you collection lies 1 through to whatever. All that matters is that you own the games you’re ranking. And let’s not do the typical thing where we poo poo what others have said at the end of the day it’s all subjective you might like iron man more than for like you like TWDLE and that’s ok. So with out further a-due let me get this started.

1 and my undisputed king of the crop TWDLE. This game for me is the right balance of bend you over and just have it’s way with you and coding brilliance. It’s hard but that’s the way I like them and to me it just screams brutal kinetic satisfaction.

2 TMNTLE another Borg title and I wasn’t quite sure on it when it first arrived into the collection but after 50 plays John doesn’t let me down and Dwight and team have done a fantastic job on the code. Again for me this is another definition of kinetic satisfaction. Fast! Fast!! Oh so FAST!!! Oh and that zombie yeti art mmm so beautiful

3 DEADPOOL PREMIUM ah the merc with a mouth I love the flow on this game and Tanio (correct spelling?) for his debut game man what a MONSTER! The boy just hit a salami! More beauty from ZY!

4 WH2O my first sought after title. Ramps for days and a rule set that makes you shoot the entire playfield. I think I’ve gotten vacation jackpot ONCE in 11 years! I love this game so much she got a new playfield, ramps and decals.

5 XMEN MAGNETO this title is so underrated it’s not funny. Another great shooting Borg game and. I nicely coded by Waison and Ropp. So underrated

6 IRON MAN fast brutal bend you over and just keep pressing start!

7 WOZ yeah I don’t know how woz goes down to 7 but hey somethings got to come last! Phenomenal first effort by JJP I think what let’s it down for me is how unintuitive the game is. It’s rare for anyone to walk up to this game look at the playfield and know what to shoot! Other Than that once you know what’s going on you’re set to play a fantastic game!

Ps subject to change at any second 2-7 may move up or down but there can only be 1! But never only 1...

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Too much work. Besides it changes every week.

Mine changes from second to second. I think half way through I had to move one up or down!

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

It’s hard to rank your own games, so many ways to rank them. Do you rank them by what they mean to you? By your personal taste? Do you try and be objective in some way and not let your personal bias as to a pet theme get in the way? Do you rate them by your keepers or by the funnest games?
    For example, three games I know I will never sell are Doctor Who, Varkon, and Safe Cracker, but they are three of my least played games and I would not rate any of them higher than Tron...but I’d sell Tron way before I sold any of those three.

You’re right there are heaps of ways to rank games. Maybe I look at how much fun they are. And then go from there. To me challenging is fun. I’d rather a good game on TWDLE (1-200m for instance) than an amazing on woz for instance. Do it how you feel. There’s no right there’s no wrong

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

It’s hard to rank your own games, so many ways to rank them. Do you rank them by what they mean to you? By your personal taste? Do you try and be objective in some way and not let your personal bias as to a pet theme get in the way? Do you rate them by your keepers or by the funnest games?
    For example, three games I know I will never sell are Doctor Who, Varkon, and Safe Cracker, but they are three of my least played games and I would not rate any of them higher than Tron...but I’d sell Tron way before I sold any of those three.

For example if I were to rate your games on what I think it’d be
    B66
    Iron man
    Metallica
    Star Trek
    Tron
    Woz
    Dialed in
    Ehoh
    Dr who
    Tna
    Medusa
    Bsd
    Safe cracker
    Twilight zone
    Addams (I’m sorry but damn I hate this game, I know many love it but damn it just doesn’t click with me!)

Unrated due to lack of play
    Catacomb
    Varkon
    Quicksilver
    Seawitch

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

1. EHoH
    2. Rob Zombie
    3. Mousin Around
    4. Seawitch
    5. Joker Poker (3-5 is a almost a tie)
    6. Close Encounters

And this is something I love about this hobby is that one game could be 3 and the next second you think about it 3 could be 5!

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

It would take to long to rank my collection individually so I'll just say it's a 10/10, and I'm pretty happy with the way it is. There's something for everyone, from M. Redgraves 1871 Parlor Bagatelle to Jersey Jacks Wizard of Oz. After 665 games that have come through over the years it's finally come together and hopefully I'll be able to open it up again for next years 12 hour party.
    John

Lol yeah 75 games would take quite a while to rank through and you’d always be second guessing yourself. There are always 1 or two that are stand outs and then the middle of the pack gets hard

#50 3 years ago

Awesome to see people rally digging on tmnt and rating it quite highly. I know some people who don’t like it because of (I’m thinking) how Damn fast the game is! I know I bought my Le with only 50 plays on it.

3 weeks later
    #56 3 years ago
    Quoted from RobDutch:

This got me thinking, what game do I like most and why?
    The only one I'm 100% sure about is number 5, but I guess that is a good thing for the rest of my collection
    1-4 might change depending on day of the week, so I rated them from most played to least played at the moment:
    1. Williams Indiana Jones, my holy grail, thought I would never own a game this expensive but suddenly I did. Awesome pin!
    2. Stern Lord of the Rings, has been my grail pin ever since I played it first like 10 years ago, never thought I would own it at my age. The game my friends dislike the most
    3. Bally Twilight Zone, technically not my game (it is my parents), but is standing in my bedroom so gotta vote! They own it since 2009 and it has been stored for a while, so playing it frequently now.
    4. Bally The Shadow, my first game and the last one I'll ever sell.. Girlfriend wouldn't let me anyway. This game scores low just because I own it the longest (2012), and therefore have played it a million times already.
    5. Sega Frankenstein, cool and underrated game, but it is in my only 'free spot' so it will have to go for a new project: will be sold/traded in the Netherlands soon.
    [quoted image]

You’re right though it’s all about the bottom one or two because at the end of the day if space is your constraint then they’re the ones to leave. Ive got space for 8 and have 7 machines so I’m kind of safe at the moment but it’s always a thought in the back of my mind that something might have to leave so something can come in

1 month later
    #82 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

I usually hate this kinda shit... I had a buddy in high school who always knew top 5 of anything; stereos, bikes, guitar players, whatever... We called him The Almanac anyway, I'll play...
    Old guy with older (cheaper) collection. I've gone thru almost 50 machines, but only two dmd (JM and Rollergames). Played 90% of modern games. Only a couple survive the cost/benefit analysis. 21 games left, some from inertia, some from lack of value to others, but most because they were fun.
    Top Ten in in order of FUN, which is pretty much 90% of my criteria. Gotta get Rollergames back tho... with the drop target mod.
    Cyclone
    Title Fight
    Teacher's Pet
    Heat Wave
    Space Shuttle
    Expressway
    Oh Boy
    Space Mission
    Excalibur
    DE Simpsons (tie)
    Genie (tie)
    Party On.
    https://unclepinball.buzzsprout.com/

And that’s why I like this thread it’s purely subjective. It’s all about you and what you like. Agree a game HAS to be FUN! I’ve bought games on reputation that they’re great only to sell them quickly because I didn’t really enjoy them. Anyone else want to play?

7 months later
    #89 2 years ago

Since my last post I bought AIQLE and sold AIQ to be replaced with JP2 premium which I’m having much more gun with. Which I was a bit skeptical on because I’ve played my mates game plenty and have been constantly frustrated with it to no end but having it at home I’m enjoying it much more. But it’s still
    TWDLE
    Tmntle
    Xmen making a move up a few spots
    WH2O
    Deadpool
    Iron man
    Jp2
    Woz

I’ve got gotgle but it’s not at home yet!

3 months later
    #97 2 years ago

After a year of consideration my lineup still kind of stays the same in terms of ranking but a couple have come and gone.
    TWDLE
    Tmntle
    Deadpool prem
    Xmen
    JP3 prem
    Gotgle
    WH2O
    Iron man
    Woz
    It’s still hard to think woz moght be the next game to leave if i want something else to come in!

8 months later
    #105 1 year ago
    Quoted from Audioenslaved:

After a year of consideration my lineup still kind of stays the same in terms of ranking but a couple have come and gone.
    TWDLE
    Tmntle
    Deadpool prem
    Xmen
    JP3 prem
    Gotgle
    WH2O
    Iron man
    Woz
    It’s still hard to think woz moght be the next game to leave if i want something else to come in!

Thought I’d revive this thread. Since this post gotgle has gone, an alien has landed and everything else is still here. Decision are getting harder and I want to get a Rush le so something has to 1000% go if I want to make that happen…

Twdle
    Tmntle
    Alien
    Deadpool prem
    Xmen LE
    JP3 prem
    WH2O
    Iron man
    woz

The games I play the least are definitely woz, iron man and WH2O. But I really enjoy them when I play them. Iron man for that short burst of Borg/Lyman/ropp greatness. Woz for the witch battles, and the multiball stack. WH2O for that first grail game because of those super fun ramps it also has a new pf, ramps and a few new targets. Why can’t I just spawn another slot

1 year later
    #110 3 months ago
    Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Thought I’d revive this thread. Since this post gotgle has gone, an alien has landed and everything else is still here. Decision are getting harder and I want to get a Rush le so something has to 1000% go if I want to make that happen…
    Twdle
    Tmntle
    Alien
    Deadpool prem
    Xmen LE
    JP3 prem
    WH2O
    Iron man
    woz
    The games I play the least are definitely woz, iron man and WH2O. But I really enjoy them when I play them. Iron man for that short burst of Borg/Lyman/ropp greatness. Woz for the witch battles, and the multiball stack. WH2O for that first grail game because of those super fun ramps it also has a new pf, ramps and a few new targets. Why can’t I just spawn another slot

Another year goes by and not much has changed except for managing to squeeze in godfather and hot wheels I now officially have no room what so ever!
    Twdle
    Godfather
    Xmen Le
    Tmntle
    Alien
    Deadpool prem
    JP3 prem
    Hot wheels
    WH2O
    Iron man
    woz

How about you guys has anything changed for you in the past year?

#118 3 months ago
    Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

In order of which gets the most play...
    Godzilla Premium
    Creature From the Black Lagoon
    Road Show
    Monster Bash
    Blackwater 100
    Road Show and Creature flip flop for the number 2 spot

It’s always interesting to see which games flip flop for people. For me Twd is a permanent #1 and then there’s a fluidity between 2 and 6. I guess it’s all about which game I’m playing well at the time but those 2-6 games are all in my wheel house in terms of what I like in a playfield and in a rule set.

#121 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Beatles left… Foo, LZ, Rush entered…have a temp trade LOTR for Hobbit
    Foo
    Rush
    Funhouse
    LOTR
    Sopranos
    DialedIn
    KISS
    Led Zeppelin
    AFMr
    AIQ
    Star Wars
    Galaxy

Interesting to see DI and AIQ both drop from the top spot. What lead to the change?

2 weeks later
    #137 77 days ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

In no particular order, my top five. Then next 5. Just couldn't rank one above the other. And the differences between top 5 and 6 through 10, are very close.
    And yea, love my EM's.
    Jacks Open
    Mayfair
    Fish Tales
    Star Trek Pro
    Bullwinkle
    Guardians
    DE Star Wars
    Hokus Pokus
    Bride of Pinbot (Wife's, and NEVER sell the wife's favorite game)
    Spot Bowler

It’s funny how with most people there’s a clear definition between there top pins and their bottom pins. Or there are 3 groups. Good, better and best. Like my top 2 have been that way for a long time then the middle kind of floats and the bottom kind of stays the same unless something leaves.

2 months later
    #153 4 days ago
    Quoted from Harvester:

Mood dictates order on any given week. Right now, obsessed with Aliens. Order represents if I had to sell, start with the 5th pin.

That’s how I rank my games when they’d leave and my mood. The middle section of my list is mainly mood dependant but TWDLE will always be #1

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider audioenslaved.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rank-your-collection-2?tu=audioenslaved and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.