(Topic ID: 281572)

Rank YOUR collection

By Audioenslaved

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201226_143213 (resized).jpg
    20200703_174439 (resized).jpg
    4-12-2020 (resized).jpeg
    123 (resized).jpg
    BIG lead (resized).jpeg
    There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 3 years ago

Hey pinafores just thought I’d throw this one out there I always find it interesting how people rate their game in their own collection. No scores necessary you don’t need to justify anything if you don’t want to all that matters is your opinion on where you collection lies 1 through to whatever. All that matters is that you own the games you’re ranking. And let’s not do the typical thing where we poo poo what others have said at the end of the day it’s all subjective you might like iron man more than for like you like TWDLE and that’s ok. So with out further a-due let me get this started.

1 and my undisputed king of the crop TWDLE. This game for me is the right balance of bend you over and just have it’s way with you and coding brilliance. It’s hard but that’s the way I like them and to me it just screams brutal kinetic satisfaction.

2 TMNTLE another Borg title and I wasn’t quite sure on it when it first arrived into the collection but after 50 plays John doesn’t let me down and Dwight and team have done a fantastic job on the code. Again for me this is another definition of kinetic satisfaction. Fast! Fast!! Oh so FAST!!! Oh and that zombie yeti art mmm so beautiful

3 DEADPOOL PREMIUM ah the merc with a mouth I love the flow on this game and Tanio (correct spelling?) for his debut game man what a MONSTER! The boy just hit a salami! More beauty from ZY!

4 WH2O my first sought after title. Ramps for days and a rule set that makes you shoot the entire playfield. I think I’ve gotten vacation jackpot ONCE in 11 years! I love this game so much she got a new playfield, ramps and decals.

5 XMEN MAGNETO this title is so underrated it’s not funny. Another great shooting Borg game and. I nicely coded by Waison and Ropp. So underrated

6 IRON MAN fast brutal bend you over and just keep pressing start!

7 WOZ yeah I don’t know how woz goes down to 7 but hey somethings got to come last! Phenomenal first effort by JJP I think what let’s it down for me is how unintuitive the game is. It’s rare for anyone to walk up to this game look at the playfield and know what to shoot! Other Than that once you know what’s going on you’re set to play a fantastic game!

Ps subject to change at any second 2-7 may move up or down but there can only be 1! But never only 1...

#2 3 years ago

It’s hard to rank your own games, so many ways to rank them. Do you rank them by what they mean to you? By your personal taste? Do you try and be objective in some way and not let your personal bias as to a pet theme get in the way? Do you rate them by your keepers or by the funnest games?

For example, three games I know I will never sell are Doctor Who, Varkon, and Safe Cracker, but they are three of my least played games and I would not rate any of them higher than Tron...but I’d sell Tron way before I sold any of those three.

#3 3 years ago

Too much work. Besides it changes every week.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Too much work. Besides it changes every week.

Mine changes from second to second. I think half way through I had to move one up or down!

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

It’s hard to rank your own games, so many ways to rank them. Do you rank them by what they mean to you? By your personal taste? Do you try and be objective in some way and not let your personal bias as to a pet theme get in the way? Do you rate them by your keepers or by the funnest games?
    For example, three games I know I will never sell are Doctor Who, Varkon, and Safe Cracker, but they are three of my least played games and I would not rate any of them higher than Tron...but I’d sell Tron way before I sold any of those three.

You’re right there are heaps of ways to rank games. Maybe I look at how much fun they are. And then go from there. To me challenging is fun. I’d rather a good game on TWDLE (1-200m for instance) than an amazing on woz for instance. Do it how you feel. There’s no right there’s no wrong

#6 3 years ago

BIG lead (resized).jpegBIG lead (resized).jpeg

#7 3 years ago

1. Ehoh. Never sell
    2. Met. Never sell
    3.kiss. wife won't let me sell
    4. Bksor. Someday sell
    5. Sinbad.prob never sell. Huo
    6. Joker poker. Selling
    7.scared stiff. Wife won't sell, gotta go for zepp

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

For example if I were to rate your games on what I think it’d be
    B66
    Iron man
    Metallica
    Star Trek
    Tron
    Woz
    Dialed in
    Ehoh
    Dr who
    Tna
    Medusa
    Bsd
    Safe cracker
    Twilight zone
    Addams (I’m sorry but damn I hate this game, I know many love it but damn it just doesn’t click with me!)

Unrated due to lack of play
    Catacomb
    Varkon
    Quicksilver
    Seawitch

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

1. Ehoh. Never sell
    2. Met. Never sell
    3.kiss. wife won't let me sell
    4. Bksor. Someday sell
    5. Sinbad.prob never sell. Huo
    6. Joker poker. Selling
    7.scared stiff. Wife won't sell, gotta go for zepp

Never say "never".

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Maybe I look at how much fun they are.

Ranking that way favors the newest games in ones collection. Right now I love TBK and R&M and feel they are the funnest, but they are also my two newest games. I think you have to have a game for a year to take out the recency bias.

A game I always return to is Star Trek. I agree with you about X-Men, it is tragically under rated and one of the top Stern machines ever. I may try and do a ranking later.

#11 3 years ago

All my games are awesome

#12 3 years ago

1. EHoH
    2. Rob Zombie
    3. Mousin Around
    4. Seawitch
    5. Joker Poker (3-5 is a almost a tie)
    6. Close Encounters

#13 3 years ago

Another issue to consider is fun alone vs fun with friends. A game like TNA is incredible with a group of friends over, but Star Trek or LOTRs will simply sit unplayed when friends are over due to ball times and people getting bored watching and not playing.

This is a great thread by the way!

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

1. EHoH
    2. Rob Zombie
    3. Mousin Around
    4. Seawitch
    5. Joker Poker (3-5 is a almost a tie)
    6. Close Encounters

And this is something I love about this hobby is that one game could be 3 and the next second you think about it 3 could be 5!

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Never say "never".

Those 2 and sinbad here as long as I'm here...........probably

#16 3 years ago

7 Monster Bash remake le
    6 Deadpool pro
    5 Flash Gordon
    4 Twilight Zone
    3 Creature from the Black Lagoon
    2 Alien
    1 Ghostbusters premium

#17 3 years ago

It would take to long to rank my collection individually so I'll just say it's a 10/10, and I'm pretty happy with the way it is. There's something for everyone, from M. Redgraves 1871 Parlor Bagatelle to Jersey Jacks Wizard of Oz. After 665 games that have come through over the years it's finally come together and hopefully I'll be able to open it up again for next years 12 hour party.

John

#18 3 years ago

Really whittled down to my favorites recently so no shame in being last in my house. But guess it’s something like this:

1. Elvira (Stern)
    2. Dialed In
    3. Game of Thrones
    4. Quicksilver
    5. The Beatles
    6. Nine Ball
    7. Iron Man
    8. The Shadow
    9. Attack from Mars

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

It would take to long to rank my collection individually so I'll just say it's a 10/10, and I'm pretty happy with the way it is. There's something for everyone, from M. Redgraves 1871 Parlor Bagatelle to Jersey Jacks Wizard of Oz. After 665 games that have come through over the years it's finally come together and hopefully I'll be able to open it up again for next years 12 hour party.
    John

Lol yeah 75 games would take quite a while to rank through and you’d always be second guessing yourself. There are always 1 or two that are stand outs and then the middle of the pack gets hard

#20 3 years ago

I've only kept games I (or wifee) really like. A mature collection of pins covering
    a wide range of types from the very beginning to the mid 1990's. IMO they
    are all awesome. Impossible to rate them as that changes with mood and the weather.

#21 3 years ago

DP LE
    ACNC
    TZ
    JP Prem
    SM
    Meteor
    LOTR
    IM

I’ve done this a few times over the last couple years and DP hasn’t moved. The rest fluctuate every week or so.

#22 3 years ago

Bsd wifes fav
    F2k sons fav
    Firepower
    Alien poker
    Strikes n spares visitors fav

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

How about #1 and #75? Inquiring minds and all that...

#24 3 years ago

Here’s mine.

TWD Premium
    Deadpool Pro
    Wonka SE
    TNA
    Beatles
    Metallica Pro

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Really whittled down to my favorites recently so no shame in being last in my house. But guess it’s something like this:
    1. Elvira (Stern)
    2. Dialed In
    3. Game of Thrones
    4. Quicksilver
    5. The Beatles
    6. Nine Ball
    7. Iron Man
    8. The Shadow
    9. Attack from Mars

I think I’ve told you this before, but you have excellent taste in pins. Great lineup!

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

How about #1 and #75? Inquiring minds and all that...

"Ooofph"...., I always have told people that my #1 game is Harlem Globetrotters since it was the first game I bought and it would be the last game to go. As for #75........Hmmm? I'd have to say for #75 the 1979 Kiss game, great artwork that would awesome hanging on the wall but the game play is horrid as are the sounds. Yeah I know it's KISS but it would probably be the first game to go to make room for something else someday and I'll get a backglass for the wall. There, I said it and I'm putting my flame suit on....LOL.

John

#27 3 years ago

I love all my children equally.

#28 3 years ago

4. Stern Indy - Sold awaiting buyer to pick up.
    3. Goldeneye
    2. Ghostbusters Premium
    1. JJP POTC LE - never sell.

#29 3 years ago

Half of mine are on the to be refreshed list and standing in a corner. But from what I play lately..top 7

7 pharaoh
    6 gorgar
    5 grand lizard
    4 space shuttle
    3 bk2k
    2 firepower
    1 sorcerer

Changes weekly

#30 3 years ago

1. Whirlwind
    2. ACNC (not 1 because it’s so finicky on being 100%)
    3. Taxi
    4. Bride of Pinbot
    5. Bad Cats
    6. Rescue 911

#31 3 years ago

Going to separate them into eras/types since comparing woodrails to cocktails to modern LCD is pretty pointless. Asterisk is recently sold/traded.

LCD
    A+: Dialed In, PotC, Iron Maiden
    A-: Beatles, Deadpool, Rick & Morty, Batman '66, Wonka
    B+: WoZ, Hobbit, Hot Wheels
    B: Full Throttle (very underrated!), Munsters, Oktoberfest, Houdini, Lebowski
    B-: Alice Cooper
    D: Cosmic Carnival (would be a C if someone could complete the code one day)

DMD
    A+: Simpsons Pinball Party, Indiana Jones TPA
    A: Monster Bash, The Shadow*
    A-: Metallica*, AFM*
    B+: Ghostbusters
    B-: Austin Powers*
    C+: Gilligan

EMs (including the three I should be getting soon)
    A+: Sky-Line, Heat Wave
    A: Sea Wolf, Quartette, Jack 'n Jill
    B: Mayfair

Cocktails (including the two I should be getting soon)
    A: Caribbean Cruise
    B+: Night Moves
    B: Star Shooter, Star Trip, Disco '79, Hearts Spades, Eros One
    C+: Take Five, Lucky Draw

WTF?
    q67P9o!D: Orbitor 1

#32 3 years ago

#1 Pinbot
    #2 Pinbot
    Last but not least-Pinbot

#33 3 years ago

Alright, I realized my collection was not up to do date thanks to this thread, so I updated it: Rick & Morty and Shrek now appear.

Okay, I rated based on pure simple fun I have with the games as of today...this is not reflective of how I think these games rank historically or their likely longevity in my collection:

1) Rick & Morty
    2) The Black Knight
    3) Twilight Zone
    4) Star Trek Premium
    5) Batman 66
    6) The Addams Family
    7) TNA
    8) Bram Stoker’s Dracula
    9) Elvira House of Horrors
    10) Catacomb
    11) Tron
    12) Quicksilver
    13) Wizard of Oz
    14) Metallica
    15) Doctor Who
    16) Iron Man
    17) Medusa
    18) Dialed In
    19) Safe Cracker
    20) Seawitch
    21) Solar Ride

Not rated at all yet: Shrek (just bought it yesterday!!!).

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I think I’ve told you this before, but you have excellent taste in pins. Great lineup!

Thanks! Yes I believe I’ve previously lamented that you have a lot of the games I’ve sold and really miss. Man, I really need to get Deadpool back in my life at some point!

#35 3 years ago

Too hard, that is why my collection is out of control! I like them all! I'll put them by category like the academy awards:

Sentimental - Aladdin's Castle - the one that started it all.
    Art- Mata Hari
    Challenging - Houdini
    Game night favorite - Munsters
    Best executed theme - CFTBL
    Best movie theme/integration - Goldeneye
    Best "just one more game" - Black Knight (honorable mention - Space Shuttle)
    Best EM - Fire Queen (combo of graphics and game play)

#36 3 years ago

HMMM!!! I'ma gonna have to go with Tiger Law...No way I can rank them all...there are too many variations for it to ever work and be able to hit "post"!!! LOL!!!

Quoted from TigerLaw:

My list of games that would not leave before me in no particular order...sentimental reasons, or just because too hard to list....Bad Cats, Taxi, Metallica (Roadcase premium), Joust, Space Shuttle, 1966 Williams 8-Ball, Munsters LE #599, Elvira HOH (premium)....I could go on...but you all see where this is going right?

Quoted from ReadyPO:

Too hard, that is why my collection is out of control! I like them all!

Quoted from timtim:

I love all my children equally.

^^^^^^^^This ^^^^^^^^^^

Phoebe

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Too hard, that is why my collection is out of control! I like them all! I'll put them by category like the academy awards:
    Sentimental - Aladdin's Castle - the one that started it all.
    Art- Mata Hari
    Challenging - Houdini
    Game night favorite - Munsters
    Best executed theme - CFTBL
    Best movie theme/integration - Goldeneye
    Best "just one more game" - Black Knight (honorable mention - Space Shuttle)
    Best EM - Fire Queen (combo of graphics and game play)

This is truly the best way to break it down, I might do some re-ranking into categories.

Another fun thread the OP may want to create that is similar to this thread, but different enough to warrant its own thread, is rate games you used to own but no longer own (exclude games you bought back and have currently, I would not be able to rate Tron of Iron Man, for example).

#38 3 years ago

Looking at it this same way, here's how I would rate my collection based on fun as of today:

1) Guns N Roses LE
    2) Indiana Jones TPA
    3) Bram Stokers Dracula
    4) White Water
    5) Metallica Pro
    6) Medieval Madness Remake LE
    7) Monster Bash Remake LE
    8) Lord of the Rings
    9) ACDC Premium

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Alright, I realized my collection was not up to do date thanks to this thread, so I updated it: Rick & Morty and Shrek now appear.
    Okay, I rated based on pure simple fun I have with the games as of today...this is not reflective of how I think these games rank historically or their likely longevity in my collection:
    1) Rick & Morty
    2) The Black Knight
    3) Twilight Zone
    4) Star Trek Premium
    5) Batman 66
    6) The Addams Family
    7) TNA
    8) Bram Stoker’s Dracula
    9) Elvira House of Horrors
    10) Catacomb
    11) Tron
    12) Quicksilver
    13) Wizard of Oz
    14) Metallica
    15) Doctor Who
    16) Iron Man
    17) Medusa
    18) Dialed In
    19) Safe Cracker
    20) Seawitch
    21) Solar Ride
    Not rated at all yet: Shrek (just bought it yesterday!!!).

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

1. EHoH. Never sell.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

1. EHoH Premium. Likely bolted to the floor.

I commend you four owners on your good taste!

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

WTF?
    q67P9o!D: Orbitor 1

This category had my cracking up...I rate Varkon in that category too. LOL

#41 3 years ago

1. ST:TNG
    2. TNA
    3. BK
    4. AFM
    5.TSPP

4 and 5 being sold today to fund R&M

#42 3 years ago

Deleted!!!

Duplicate post!

#43 3 years ago

1. EHOH Premium
    Likely bolted to the floor. It helps that I’m an Elvira fan, but this game has it all.

2. IMDN Pro
    This game just doesn’t get old. Fantastic flow, callouts and art.

3. BM66 Premium
    Just picked this one up, but the code is phenomenal. The music isn’t ‘pinball’ but that’s what make it unique.

4. BKSOR Premium
    This game kicks my ass but it’s a good compliment to my other longer playing games. Best topper in pinball!

#44 3 years ago

Love this picture, have to change ....

123 (resized).jpg123 (resized).jpg
    #45 3 years ago

I would rate my collection #1 in my mind . Way bigger that available real estate so no room to wiggle in another title presently .

Most fun game depends my mood . Least favorite game one that randomly crashes . Kahn board OK bandaid until get driver board rebuild BTW

Like most collectors dream of big backyard arcade.

Enjoy the day Shane

#46 3 years ago

1. AFMr, just a classic

2. TMNT Pro, fast and plenty to shoot for

3. Met Pro, pure pinball

4. BKSOR Prem, adrenaline pumping brutality

5. Dialed In, its good but doesnt have the speed and rush of the others

1-4 could really be switched around depending on mood, DI is a fantastic game and love the humor but doesn't have the rush of the other games.

#47 3 years ago

1- Totan 2.0 way better with new rules
    2- MM Great gameplay
    3- CV a solid classic
    4- BBB my last game, a bit easy but I love it.

#48 3 years ago

1. Tron
    2. TMNT LE
    3. STTNG
    4. Twilight Zone
    5. Star Trek Prem
    6. AC/DC
    7. Doctor Who
    8. Stargate
    9. Black Hole
    10. Jurassic Park
    11. World Cup Soccer
    12. Judge Dredd

#49 3 years ago

I keep a ranked list next to my computer. In order of how much I enjoy playing them.

1. BK3 Pro
    2. Stargate
    3. F-14
    4. Mata Hari
    5. Superflite
    6. Judge Dredd
    7. Spanish Eyes
    8. ESCO Morocco

#50 3 years ago

Awesome to see people rally digging on tmnt and rating it quite highly. I know some people who don’t like it because of (I’m thinking) how Damn fast the game is! I know I bought my Le with only 50 plays on it.

There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rank-your-collection-2?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.