(Topic ID: 318511)

Rank these Stern Pro Model

By UCFKnight71

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

1. deadpool
2. jp-great layout. challenging
3. mando-good value for pro. right upper pf good.
4. godzilla
5. munsters
6. rush
7. stranger things

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

Great thread! I am new to pinball and own one pin also, so am always taking mental notes for future trade/purchase.
OP, I agree with your insight about the Top 100 use of pro vs premium, etc. I wish Guardians of the Galaxy or Ghostbusters was on your short list for comparison!

The first hyper loop shot is a one ball hurry up. That’s a big deal because it’s so cool and can be a very huge points if you have the bonus X up to 10-20X. (I mean like 60+M points on one shot).

The next one is a Multiball that you add one to the loop then a ball is added to play and you have a small time to add that then another ball is added to play. It’s just an event to get to the Multiball than any other game I can recall.

#53 1 year ago

Godzilla
Deadpool
Jurassic Park
Mandalorian
Stranger Things
Rush
Munsters

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

Great thread! I am new to pinball and own one pin also, so am always taking mental notes for future trade/purchase.
OP, I agree with your insight about the Top 100 use of pro vs premium, etc. I wish Guardians of the Galaxy or Ghostbusters was on your short list for comparison!

Well, I just don't like Ghostbusters! The flipper gap is way too much for me. I thought Guardians was just ok, but not on my short list of pins I would consider a trade for.

#55 1 year ago

Godzilla - has everything, great shots, great code even though it’s not complete yet, little bit of humor, great art, unique ball paths. Challenging but not too brutal. You’re really not missing much on the gameplay side on a pro, the toys are cool and add some magic no doubt but the pro is still fantastic. Would be great in a 1 pin home.

Deadpool - it’s just fun, again the pro doesn’t miss too much gameplay vs prem. Added twist on a fan layout, great humor, great art, great code. It’s a little simple so only marks against it as you are finding out is that it won’t last forever if it’s your only machine.

Jurassic Park - love and hate JP lol. I recognise it as probably the best layout and code out of anything but for me it has no humor or personality so lacks a bit of fun factor, it can also be brutal. The wizard modes are also the best I’ve played, so much atmosphere. This one really depends on your level of play and personality, it’s either a fantastic choice for a 1 pin collection that will keep you coming back for more, you’ll never get bored of it though you will inevitably fancy something new at some point OR you will find it so frustrating you’ll hate it and end up not playing it much at all. I had a premium and think the pro has all the gameplay of the prem, I’d actually rate the raptor gate and art over the trex as top loses vs the prem but the pro is still fantastic.

Stranger Things - I think this would get old quite quick in a 1 pin collection. Premium has all the atmosphere with the projector, I just don’t think the pro would have enough staying power. It might be the largest gap in rankings when comparing the pro vs prem.

Mandalorian - I’ve only played a pro so can’t compare personally and haven’t played it a lot but it just didn’t grab me as fun. If you love the theme it probably ranks higher.

Rush - theme does nothing for me so there’s no draw there. Shots are fine although I don’t really like the scoop placement and size and the code didn’t seem intuitive what I should be doing. I’m sure if I spent more time on it it would click more. Only played a pro so can’t speak to the differences. It’s not that it’s a bad game at all, there’s just better choices especially if you only have 1.

Munsters - eek, I wouldn’t even consider a premium. I think you’ll get bored of this really fast with only 1 pin.

Honestly I’d say the majority of games are nice to have the added fun of the toys and mechs but mostly pros are still great games if you don't want to spend the extra.

Hope this helps!

#56 1 year ago

1. DP
2. SW
3. MANDO
4. IM
5. GZ

#57 1 year ago

Godzilla
Star Wars
Jurassic Park
Deadpool
Stranger Things
Mandalorian
Munsters

Have yet to play Rush so can't comment.

#58 1 year ago

Stranger Things
Jurassic Park
Deadpool
Godzilla
Mando
Rush
Star Wars
Munsters

#59 1 year ago

On Star Wars I owned both (pro and premium) but felt like the pro played miles better.

For whatever reason the metal ramps made it feel clunkier and it was way harder to dial in the premium.. the pro played great out of the box.

I think the pro comic art is the best looking also.

The hyper loop is cool but doesn't really do anything gameplay wise so I didn't miss it.

#60 1 year ago

I have a question for those of you that have rated JP towards the top. For me I freaking love the premium but with the pro it has always felt like the lower left hand quadrant of the machine is just dead space. I like the challenge on the Premium knowing the raptor pin is something to work towards but on the pro I almost feel like it would have been better to leave it there but open on both ends and just have a true outer orbit shot that takes you all the way through the raptor pen and behind the raptor tower that wraps all the way around to the upper flipper. Probably not great in terms of the space to work with on the pro I just really don't like the raptor pen on that game. Is there something I am missing about the pro that puts it at the top of the list behind some other good pros on this list?

For me Deadpool and Godzilla are 1a and 1b at the pro level and Star Wars 3 and Stranger Things 4 are right behind them and pretty close together with Rush coming in at #5 but I have no love for the others as I would never consider JP Pro if JP Premium were an option and the other two I would probably play if they were set to freeplay in the wild but that would be about it.

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

On Star Wars I owned both (pro and premium) but felt like the pro played miles better.
For whatever reason the metal ramps made it feel clunkier and it was way harder to dial in the premium.. the pro played great out of the box.
I think the pro comic art is the best looking also.
The hyper loop is cool but doesn't really do anything gameplay wise so I didn't miss it.

The Pro Comic Art is definitely great looking. I always prefer comic art to movie art. Movie art always seems photoshopped, even when it is done well.

#62 1 year ago

Godzilla Pro is the only game on your list I would consider. I own one and love it. I've played the Premium many times as a buddy owns one. The toys are very cool on the Pro, but really don't add to the game play in my opinion. The Pro is fast and extremely fun with excellent rules and asset integration.

I also love Stranger Things, but it is an easier game and you may tire of it. I love playing it when I get a chance, but I don't think I would own it given current prices.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

The Pro Comic Art is definitely great looking. I always prefer comic art to movie art. Movie art always seems photoshopped, even when it is done well.

I have the Comic premium but love the art on the pro. I almost got the pro simply for the art but my games are so tightly packed I don’t get to see the side art. I’d love to buy a pro translight if I could find one.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I have the Comic premium but love the art on the pro. I almost got the pro simply for the art but my games are so tightly packed I don’t get to see the side art. I’d love to buy a pro translight if I could find one.

I won a Vader comic banner at a tournament and it is sweet. Randy did a great job on that art.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

The pro comic is awesome looking... one of the few games i would buy again and kind of miss having.

Game is a tough bitch though...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rank-these-stern-pro-model/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.