Misc_Parts_(resized).JPG
MVC-873F_(resized).JPG
MVC-874F_(resized).JPG
MVC-869F_(resized).JPG
MVC-866F_(resized).JPG
20160514_173808_(resized).jpg
20160514_163657_(resized).jpg
Atari4_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

Time 2000 is probably the hardest one to find out of the bunch. Middle Earth comes up fairly frequently, space riders not quite as much.

None of the Atari pins are particularly exciting to play, although Time 2000's layout is certainly quite different with the way the four flippers are arranged.

Atari pins aren't seen enough in working order for most folks to gauge how they play.

At *some* point (and once I find a Time 2000 or Time 2000 cab), I'd really like to get all of mine up and running and line them all up together at a show.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

So true. Saw several Atari games FS in France... none listed as working

If only someone could come up with an aftermarket boardset....so many of these games could easily be brought back to life

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Well, I've got two of them in "handyman special" condition. I've owned a Superman and played Space Riders. Not sure I've ever played the others.
Mostly I'm trying to decide which game to restore out of the bunch - whichever people like the best. Seems like no one likes them much!

Yeah, Superman is really the only highly desirable one out of the bunch just because of the theme.

Unless you are really enthusiastic about Atari games or are already geared up to repair them, it's probably best to let them go if you have other projects to work on. However--they do get parted out a lot because they are often not working, and I at least try to prevent that fate from befalling them, especially since most of them are in really good cosmetic condition.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from iron00monkey:

The art on them is amazing. That's the one reason I'd like to have one.

The artwork is certainly wild--and quite colorful. Much different than most other pins. One of the main reasons why I like them.

Quoted from barakandl:

so it got folded back up

They don't fold!

Quoted from chucktee:

only about 350 were made

Honestly, I'm not sure anymore if that number is actually accurate (even though it's the only production number that came out from Atari's paperwork on production numbers for their pins). I've been starting to think it was a typo and the number might have been 3500, rather than 350. I see Airborne Avenger pop up all the time.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Now that would be something. I love these old games but never could get any working. I owned a middle earth back when I still knew how to repair boards. I could repair most of the Atari video game boards ( Pole Position, Centipede, Dig Dug, Black Widow and so on) Never got anywhere with the pin.

I was emailing someone at the start of the year about the possibility of remaking atari boards and displays. I'll have to check with him again and see if he started on anything yet. So far, this fellow seemed to be the only one that I'm aware of with any interest in coming up with something.

Quoted from trufflepiggy:

There is a Superman at the VFW showcase this weekend.

There were *two* at pinfest this past weekend. I thought the prices were a bit high for their condition though.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Here's a Superman how it is supposed to play:
» YouTube video

Nice

Heh...the games I saw at the show played nothing like that.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Put thousands of unsold pins in a landfill?

In all fairness, some technical and design choices they made were certainly cringe-worthy. But a few things they did were innovative at the time.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

In fairness the extrapolation numbers now believe the numbers are much lower. It's in the hundreds of thousands now vs millions. Microsoft did a documentary of some kind last year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_video_game_burial

Only about 1300 cartridges of the estimated 700,000 were removed from the burial, as the remaining materials were deeper than expected, and made them more difficult to access

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rank-the-atari-pinball-machines?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.