(Topic ID: 143094)

random resets on my TSPP

By MK6PIN

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

just started tonight.....machine powered up fine.....attract mode...all high scores info ok....started a game and reset midway through first ball......has done it several times......now, as i watch it and type while its back in attract mode, it makes a "ding" sound that it never did before when going to blackout light mode.....

this machine has been rock solid....where do I start? help!!!! thanks as always...mark

#2 8 years ago

actually "dings" and whole playfield goes out....inserts freeze....dmd and rest of backbox stay running...

#3 8 years ago

obviously short i something touching the speaker backboard.....pulled it out, laying on top of glass / w blanket, playing fine...will report in a bit....

#4 8 years ago

bastard doing it right in my face now.....have speaker panel and translite (FF) out so I can watch it...hmmm

#5 8 years ago

Try replacing your batteries. My LOTR was doing that and fresh batteries fixed it.

#6 8 years ago

reseated ribbon cables (first thing Lloyd would tell me to do anyway) and its working for now......I will call myself a master tech until it does it again......... ......mark

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

Try replacing your batteries. My LOTR was doing that and fresh batteries fixed it.

I did that when I was in there just in case....good to know weak batteries could cause something like this, as well...thanks!!!!

#8 8 years ago

When I had mine, it did the same thing, as well as a LOTR and an X files (all the same board sets)
If I remember correctly, I pressed the eproms down on the simpsons and I'm pretty sure that fixed that.
LOTR/XFiles, It was that white connector near the bottom of the driver, I reflowed solder on it and that seemed to cure it, as it was intermittent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/random-resets-on-my-tspp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.