Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by arcyallen
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coz6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

Stern reboots are tricky, it will come back. I would say you have a loose chip under the battery holder, or the batteries have started to do the primal oozzz they tend to fail in a way hard to spot on sterns.… when it comes back be ready with the information.

11 months later
#7 7 years ago

Unseat the power connector at the top of the board top and center I want to say it's nine pin it's a big connector if the reset stops then you have carbon buildup only thing I know to do is replace the connector or run a jump I had to run a jump. This is the driver board I speak about by the way

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I think he meant to say reseat (power off, unplug and plug back in) that 15-pin connector at J16. If you unplug the 15-pin connector at the top of the driver board (the larger board at the bottom of the backbox) the game won't do anything. That 15-pin connector at J16 provides 12V and 5V to the CPU board (big board at the top of the backbox). With that unplugged the CPU has no power.
It appears you reseated the connector and it lasted almost a year. This means you need to REPLACE the 15-pin male header and the female connector pins at J16 on the power driver board. I guarantee you this is the issue. 100% of the reset issues I've dealt with on Whitestar games are attributed to that single 15-pin connector. You need to replace BOTH the male header AND female connector pins.

That's what I was trying to say. Could not find the parts have a link to them I currently have a hack.

#12 7 years ago

Thanks for the part list we actually disagree on the part it's the 9 pin connector I am talking about. That was my issue - however one never knows.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coz6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/random-reboots-roller-coaster-tycoon?tu=coz6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.