• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pafasa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Williams_stepper_unit.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Odessa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I rebuilt the ball count unit on a Williams Klondike and now I get a random ball count. Usually it indicates 1 ball to play, sometimes it'll be 2, occasionally 3 or 4 or very rarely 5. Is there anything else I need to look at besides the ball count unit? Could it relate to the number of turns of the centre spring being too tightly wound(I wound it 5 times), also I replaced the 3 springs and they're a bit tighter. All the wiring is good and the coils too.

#4 10 years ago

I wound the spring back to 3. The next few games started with 3, 1, 7 then back to 1 ball again. It's never started with 7 before, wouldn't mind that every time!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveFury:

Hmm... I don't understand the symptoms. When you say "1 ball to play" do you mean the machine will reset a game and sometimes start on ball 2,3,4 or very rarely 5 for the first ball? How does a machine indicate ball 7?

It counts down from 5 to 1, unlike my Gottlieb that indicates at startup ball 1 and goes to ball 5. It will indicate on startup 1 ball left to play usually, maybe 2 or 3 and as an add a ball machine it registers up to 9 balls to play but has only gone as high as 7.

Quoted from pabilo21:

I had exactly the same problem and it turned out to be a sticky pivot point in the ball count unit. Does the unit perform normally when you manually advance and decrease the ball count?

It usually performs normally, but occasionally it will stick when manually advancing the stepper. I will check those pivot points, perhaps I've over tightened one of them. I'll let you guys know how I get on. I appreciate the help.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

For williams stepper pivot points that were Really Bad, I've had good results with brakleen disk break cleaner. Use a rag behind the pivot point to prevent over spray.

I'll try that, I've got some disk brake cleaner around her somewhere.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Odessa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/random-ball-count?tu=Odessa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.