IMG_9663 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1700354456205 (resized).jpg
IMG_8450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpeg
20231013_145442 (resized).jpg
ECD6F4FE-C8CE-497F-895D-649C6CA3DD61 (resized).jpeg
2023-05-12 08.55.03 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The big problem with this ramp, which I did not realize until discussing this with Freeplay40 is the fact that this is actually an injection molded ramp with brackets molded into it. Could this be vacuum formed? Probably. But with some caveats. The mounting brackets would have to be some kind of secondary assemblies. Possibly stainless brackets riveted to the ramp, or maybe even some brackets made of the same ramp material. Since they only hold micro switches, and are not used for mounting, there is some leeway to work with as far as that goes. Another idea would be to make those mounting flaps part of the actual lip on the top of the ramp, and then add a spacer of some sort between the switch and the mounting flap, so the switch still contacts the ball at the right place. This option seems to be the most realistic.
The second area of concern is where the 3 lanes split at the center tray. Those spots would probably need to have a special plug made for use during forming, because they will tend to thin out quite a bit when you stretch plastic over them. They are protected by posts, but I would still like to see that area as beefy as possible.
I am still willing to look into this later this year, once I get caught up on current projects.

Dont put the switch brackets in at all.

Use MRS switches there instead.
They are better and just stick on with VHB tape.

1 week later
#164 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

$25 per switch...I am not sure if everyone would be down with that, but I could probably make the ramps work both ways with a little forethought.

They are expensive.

But a much higher degree of reliability.

Plus you can just stick them on the side of a ramp anywhere, unlike optos that need controller boards and software.

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Weekend update:
If you are a USA and I have not contacted you about Road Kings ramps, please PM me. I am currently having trouble tracking down the USPS customs label pouches for international customers. The post office told me the manufacturer is having trouble getting the plastic they use to make them. I have a bunch on order, but they have not shipped yet.
I added a handful of Cue Ball Wizard trays to my Pinside store, so they are now back in stock.
I'll be running the left hand ramps for Road Show this week for the folks who only wanted that ramp.

Maybe ziploc bags in a pinch?

2 years later
#840 10 months ago

Any hope of making the Stargate plastic ramp?

I may have a donor.

9 months later
#890 36 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

New big ramp coming! Yes, it has been quite a while since I came out with something new...so might as well go big.
I am hoping to have some first pulls ready this weekend, and then have some ready to ship next week if all goes well. I will officially announce what it is once they are ready to ship. Try not to lose any sleep in the meantime!
Also, I am low on rivet kits...but should have more in a week or so. These kits are quite popular, so I try to stock them pretty deep each time I make them.

Since pinrestore is long gone, you are the "de-facto" source for rivets!

Thank you so much for carrying these much needed supplies!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread?tu=pinballinreno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.