IMG_9663 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1700354456205 (resized).jpg
IMG_8450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpeg
20231013_145442 (resized).jpg
ECD6F4FE-C8CE-497F-895D-649C6CA3DD61 (resized).jpeg
2023-05-12 08.55.03 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Torpedo Alley update:
Yesterday was one of those days I started to feel like I've bit off more than I can chew. When making my molds, the original parts did not want to release, and I completely destroyed 2 of the 3 mountains getting them out. I knew this could happen, and these are much more fragile than a usual ramp. Well, my worst nightmare came true. I figured my Torpedo Alley machine may have just donated its life to science.
So today, I finished off the molds and gave them a trial run. To my relief, they seemed to work pretty well. The detail seemed to reproduce pretty faithfully. After cutting them out, I decided to use some paint I had here to do a very basic paint job to see how they would look. The paint was thrown together a bit hastily, but the factory seemed to do the same...haha
I need to get the right paint for this plastic, but this should give you guys a decent idea on how well the molds turned out. I have to do some work to the ball openings yet, and spot all the mounting holes. I am also going to be offering new clear protective plastics to go with these, because yours are probably just as yellowed as my originals are.
At the end of the day, my original mountains gave their life to better the pinball world...so they should be proud of themselves for that at least.
I'll be taking names for these if anyone is wanting to purchase a set. PM me your email address and I'll add you to the que. I will determine the price shortly. These most likely will be sold as clear parts, to be painted by the purchaser.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent work sir! Mine are in great shape but I might buy a spare set on general principle.

2 months later
#278 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am looking for a DE Jurassic Park subway ramp to borrow and copy- the original person I lined up for that job is MIA now. I can work that one in just about any time it is available.

Let me look at mine to see what condition it is in, I don't mind the pin being down for a bit as I have plenty to keep me busy.

Gary

2 weeks later
#286 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Preview of the Atlantis ramp in clear, and a nice ocean blue color:[quoted image]

Great work as always!

Works been nuts, have to look at that Jurassic Park subway. There is a chip out of one corner, can you still make a mold of it?

8806675c8bfa8e0f57ffa39af5d29e3d3d160e93 (resized).jpg8806675c8bfa8e0f57ffa39af5d29e3d3d160e93 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#310 3 years ago

Finally! This will be packed and ready to go today JodyG

Work has just sucked.

20210109_085743 (resized).jpg20210109_085743 (resized).jpg
#312 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Awesome! I was actually hoping it didn't show up this past week, as one of my suppliers is late shipping some material to me for this project. Thank you!

But still, I like being punctual. I don't mind the pin being down for a bit, my plate is overflowing as it is.

2 weeks later
#338 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Jody is good people

Purchased a Gold Wings ramp and first run Spring Break ramp in person at Allentown, nice guy!

Comfortable enough with Jody I loaned out my Jurassic Park subway to be reproduced and anything else in my Data East collection that would be of help.

2 weeks later
#347 3 years ago

What's in the box Jeff?

20210209_171853 (resized).jpg20210209_171853 (resized).jpg
#349 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

DE Jurassic Park subway?

Yes sir, but what else is in the box?

Great job Jody, installed with a minimum of fuss.

20210209_170337 (resized).jpg20210209_170337 (resized).jpg20210209_184753 (resized).jpg20210209_184753 (resized).jpg
#350 3 years ago

Checkpoint also getting some love, might take a few days to free up the time to install this one.

20210209_184252 (resized).jpg20210209_184252 (resized).jpg
#352 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Ahh it’s an easy install!!
Go for it!

Not so easy, a few other things I wish to address while the ramp is out of the way.

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I tested the first one for Jody went in like a breeze.

I had to tweak a few holes but otherwise no issues of note. Just finished a few minutes ago, looks great!

20210210_193032 (resized).jpg20210210_193032 (resized).jpg
#356 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

DE Jurassic Park subway?

Have to say, I enjoyed playing several games last night. One of DE's best pins for sound effects and music.

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Let alone the first DMD and shaker motor!

Jurassic Park I was referring too.

1 week later
#369 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

It's on the list...probably this summer.

Nice, a lot of demand for Last Action Hero tar pit. I lucked out and mine only needed a subtle repair that isn't visible.

2 months later
#415 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

400...that is how many rivets are required to assemble 50 Atlantis lift ramp assemblies.
[quoted image]

IMPRESSIVE

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

Super! Do you have a method to reinforce the sides of the entrance that get annihilated or will we need to diy something?
For example could the flap be extended in a T shape and wrap up the sides? Just spitballing.

Checkpoint has a piece of steel applied with double sided tape, should be easy to get some stainless flat stock and do the same.

3 months later
#470 2 years ago

Hey my friend! Stopped by to see you but you had a phone glued to your ear, see you at the next show! Display looked great!

#477 2 years ago

Hey my friend! Stopped by to see you but you had a phone glued to your ear, see you at the next show! Display looked great!

Quoted from JodyG:

Gary, that was some bad timing...because I hate talking on the phone! Hope to see you next year

No worries, were going to York for sure and hopefully supporting Saratoga in 2 weeks with some pins if you are attending either event.

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from Dorschel:

Hey! Spoke to you at Allentown about DE Time Machine Spiral Ramp (unobtainium). LOVE what your doing! Let me know if this is a project your intersted in. Best of luck with "Luke"
-Chad
[quoted image]

Been discussed before unfortunately, due to the complexity of the part and how its molded originally (with an aluminum form) would be very difficult to reproduce.

1 month later
#497 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Time Machine isn't on the agenda at the moment...i've looked into doing the difficult corkscrew, but I am going to hold off on pursuing that until I am good and ready for a frustrating project. haha.

Secret Service

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Brain fart! I do not have plans for that at the moment either, but who knows where 2022 will take me.

I have a SS in the back of the garage with an unbroken ramp. Its in the queue for repaint so will be there for some time should you need a sample.

3 months later
#556 2 years ago

JodyG

Any thoughts of making a Jurassic Park ramp? I see a German board member is looking for one and I can always pull mine for a mold.

2 weeks later
#561 2 years ago
Quoted from AgentX:

So...I got tired of scrolling through the discussion....
Any chance of DE Hook ramps in the future? I have donors, if needed.
TIA

Right side has already been done and available by another vendor.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-hook-rufio-ramps
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/60#post-4847703

#565 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I just received the donor ramp, but it will be a bit until I get to it. That curved part in front of the 3 drop holes will mean this ramp has to be a female mold, which is a bummer. I would prefer to not have to do any ramp that way, but sometimes you have to.
[quoted image]

Just spent four days making my DE Batman ramp presentable, amazing how beat up they get.

1 week later
#569 2 years ago
Quoted from AgentX:

What is the likelihood of more DE Hook "Rufio" stock?

Wrong vendor.

1 month later
#581 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Update- Most items are back in stock on my site so I am going to be working on new molds for the next couple weeks. I currently am working on molds for Rollergames and DE Batman. Rollergames has around 85 holes in it, so I am going to have to dive into CNC cutting the majority of these. I have to do some modifications to my CNC to make this work, so ETA is looking like somewhere in March.
https://rampomatic.com/products/data-east-batman-main-ramp?_pos=1&_sid=a62c0b6dc&_ss=r&variant=41040917758135
https://rampomatic.com/products/williams-rollergames-main-ramp?_pos=1&_sid=5a8112a22&_ss=r&variant=41066752770231
I also received a complete set of Hot Shots ramps which I will start working into molds shortly.
I will also be offering clear tubes for a few games once I have all the specs ironed out. Xenon, Cybernaut, Mars God of War, Big House and Black Hole. I still need the specs from a Black Hole tube before I can start on that...PM me if you have one and can take a few measurements for me.
[quoted image]
Rivets have all been restocked and rivet kits are available again.
https://rampomatic.com/collections/hardware
[quoted image]
X-Files Left Entrance ramp now in stock
https://rampomatic.com/products/sega-x-files-left-ramp?_pos=1&_sid=f7703f5f5&_ss=r
[quoted image]
Road Kings back ramps now include switch bracket hardware pre-installed:
https://rampomatic.com/products/williams-road-kings-back-ramp-c-11291?_pos=2&_sid=b44121c70&_ss=r
[quoted image]

I'll try and check my Black Hole tonight.

2 months later
#604 1 year ago
Quoted from gstanczuk:

Do you have the DE Jurassic part ramps? Looking to buy one. Price and delivery estimate please

Jody only sells the subway.

8 months later
#760 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

NOTE: I am not selling toppers directly through my store, they will be sold exclusively through Marco Specialties. Here are some samples of the upcoming Last Action Hero topper and tar pit ramp. The main ramp is available now at www.rampomatic.com.
The Tar pit ramp turned out great...the wave on the bottom of the middle section is due to a processing error on my part for the test pull. I had to jump up to .187" thick material, as .125" was too flimsy...so the price will be a little more expensive as a result.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Jody let me know if you have a junk/defective tar pit and main ramp for sale on the cheap, I'm thinking of upgrading my wall art. I'll still have to round up wire forms or I'll make them.

No hurry, can always grab at Allentown.

a28a2cbe03e79f26110a376bb095597edeaf245a (resized).jpga28a2cbe03e79f26110a376bb095597edeaf245a (resized).jpg
#775 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Testing some more color shades...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the way the green blends in with the overall theme.

3 months later
#833 11 months ago

Many thanks to Jody for hooking me up with some scrap ramps for my Last Action Hero wall art project.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-says-wall-art-has-to-be-flat

2023-05-12 08.55.03 (resized).jpg2023-05-12 08.55.03 (resized).jpg2023-05-12 10.45.03 (resized).jpg2023-05-12 10.45.03 (resized).jpg2023-05-12 11.01.39 (resized).jpg2023-05-12 11.01.39 (resized).jpg2023-05-12 11.02.07 (resized).jpg2023-05-12 11.02.07 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.