IMG_9663 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1700354456205 (resized).jpg
IMG_8450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpeg
20231013_145442 (resized).jpg
ECD6F4FE-C8CE-497F-895D-649C6CA3DD61 (resized).jpeg
2023-05-12 08.55.03 (resized).jpg
There are 895 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.
#401 3 years ago

Look at how many new molds I can produce when Pinside is down a few days! These are all first pulls...next comes the fine tuning.

20210410_112546 (resized).jpg20210410_112546 (resized).jpg
#402 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Look at how many new molds I can produce when Pinside is down a few days! These are all first pulls...next comes the fine tuning.
[quoted image]

Damn is that and Indy 500?!?!?

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Damn is that and Indy 500?!?!?

Yepper, all 3 pieces!

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yepper, all 3 pieces!

Awesome, not sure if you have a list going on that one but I'm going to need it for sure, thank you so much!

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yepper, all 3 pieces!

So many Indy 500 owners are all applauding in unison today!!!

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

So many Indy 500 owners are all applauding in unison today!!!

I wouldn't mind owning one myself one day. Brings back great memories of watching Indy racing back in the late 80's-early 90's.

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I wouldn't mind owning one myself one day. Brings back great memories of watching Indy racing back in the late 80's-early 90's.

If there is a list, add me please!

#408 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

If there is a list, add me please!

The best way to be notified when these are available is to sign up for an alert on the product listing page at www.rampomatic.com . I use these alerts to gauge how many to make and when to make more. But I will post here when I have the initial batch ready as well. I am working to get a set of these out for test fitting on Marco's Specialties Pintech TV, which airs every Thursday afternoon at 3pm ET on Twitch and Youtube. They have been working on an Indy 500 for a while, so the timing is perfect!

#409 3 years ago

Awesome! Definitely in for a set of Indy 500!

#410 3 years ago

Pit ramp for Indy 500...the long one would not fit in my machine if it were 1/4" longer. That was a little too close for comfort!

20210417_113834 (resized).jpg20210417_113834 (resized).jpg
#411 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

It does!!! The voice calls are awesome for an old fan!!! My dad was a USAC mechanic and it was a game I had to own.... Tsskinne has done everything he can to keep it up and running for me!!!

#412 3 years ago

Test shot on DE Simpsons....don't expect this one to be ready for a month or so though.

20210419_164925 (resized).jpg20210419_164925 (resized).jpg
#413 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Test shot on DE Simpsons....don't expect this one to be ready for a month or so though.
[quoted image]

DC245F4F-5EBC-4F80-B6A9-BACE496B0C65.gifDC245F4F-5EBC-4F80-B6A9-BACE496B0C65.gif
1 week later
#414 2 years ago

400...that is how many rivets are required to assemble 50 Atlantis lift ramp assemblies.

20210426_165721 (resized).jpg20210426_165721 (resized).jpg
#415 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

400...that is how many rivets are required to assemble 50 Atlantis lift ramp assemblies.
[quoted image]

IMPRESSIVE

#416 2 years ago

Hows the Mousin Ramp looking, Jody?

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Test shot on DE Simpsons
[quoted image]

Super! Do you have a method to reinforce the sides of the entrance that get annihilated or will we need to diy something?

For example could the flap be extended in a T shape and wrap up the sides? Just spitballing.

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

Super! Do you have a method to reinforce the sides of the entrance that get annihilated or will we need to diy something?
For example could the flap be extended in a T shape and wrap up the sides? Just spitballing.

Checkpoint has a piece of steel applied with double sided tape, should be easy to get some stainless flat stock and do the same.

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Checkpoint has a piece of steel applied with double sided tape, should be easy to get some stainless flat stock and do the same.

My DE Simpsons ramp had a piece of steel stuck to the side as well...but that only protects the upper lip from breaking...it can still split at the corner where the lower trough is. Making a protector that would attach to the top of entrance post would be ideal, but I do not have a game on hand to take measurements from, and I do not see an easy way of doing that remotely with someone elses game. The best bet would be to contact cliffy on it.

I typically break the edge on the corners of the ramp entrance mold to give the ramp more strength there via a slightly larger radius. A sharp cornered mold makes a sharp edge on the plastic, which is inherently weak. There is no reason for that corner to be super sharp, so long as the flap can clear the radius. Going from zero radius to even 1/16" of an inch can make a big difference. Also, new plastic versus 31 year old plastic is going to be much less brittle as it is.

#420 2 years ago

Got some Swoosh ramps done tonight. This completes the Mousin' Around set! Forming ramps is easy...all the secondary holes, slots, riveting, deburring and clean up can be pretty time consuming on some ramps.

20210430_203610 (resized).jpg20210430_203610 (resized).jpg
#421 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Got some Swoosh ramps done tonight. This completes the Mousin' Around set! Forming ramps is easy...all the secondary holes, slots, riveting, deburring and clean up can be pretty time consuming on some ramps.
[quoted image]

Just know you are greatly appreciated!

#422 2 years ago

My 2 year old grandaughter, will be getting a restored mousin, thanks to Jody's gracious and fine work.

She loves mice and cheese, and pinball.
I look forward to her shouting, " do you wanna mouse around!"

Thank you, Jody!

#423 2 years ago

Test fitting the new Excalibur ramp. I know this is probably bigger news than the next Stern and Spooky release, but please don't everybody respond at once, we don't need to crash the server again!

IMG_20210503_172039_659 (resized).jpgIMG_20210503_172039_659 (resized).jpg
#424 2 years ago

I can't help myself.........Excalibur!!

#425 2 years ago

Believe it or not, his photos were the first I've been able to see some up close shots of the Excalibur ramp installed in a machine. This is one of those games I never see for sale, but every one I have seen in the wild has had a majorly blown out ramp. I am going to be running some of these this week!

#426 2 years ago

Also retooled the "Y" ramp I already make for Road Kings. This now has the rounded lips like the original!

https://rampomatic.com/products/williams-road-kings-y-ramp-c-11135?_pos=1&_sid=2e52c1d0a&_ss=r

20210503_173059 (resized).jpg20210503_173059 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#427 2 years ago

Tune in this week as we test the first set of Indy 500 ramps on Pantech live! If I do not have to tweak them too much, I will get to running some of these this weekend.

Also, the date is the 20th...not the 6th

Pintech live is on at 3pm ET Thursday....you can tune in via Twitch, YouTube or Facebook.

pintech-web-banner-EP056 (resized).jpgpintech-web-banner-EP056 (resized).jpg

#428 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Tune in this week as we test the first set of Indy 500 ramps on Pantech live! If I do not have to tweak them too much, I will get to running some of these this weekend.
Also, the date is the 20th...not the 6th
Pantech live is on at 3pm ET Thursday....you can tune in via Twitch, YouTube or Facebook.
[quoted image]

What a cool idea. The customer can see with they're own eyes how well they are going to fit. Particularily interested in the demolition-man ramos. The factory pieces are tough enough to install, let alone thicker pieces.

#429 2 years ago

Saturdays installment of "what's on the bench". Job #1 is to get 6 sets of Indy 500 ramps completed before Monday. The rest is just for stock. I'm stockpiling a few Hollywood Heat and Gold Wings ramps to run in pink. I'll do some Spring Break ramps in Yellow when I run a batch of Road Show in the near future. Road Kings "Y" ramps are for stock.

20210522_160813 (resized).jpg20210522_160813 (resized).jpg
#430 2 years ago

I just posted the first installment of a tutorial to help people slay their fears about riveting things on pinball machines. The next installment will discuss riveting tools.
https://rampomatic.com/blogs/tutorials/riveting-101-you-can-do-it

#431 2 years ago

I wish Rick PPS would make the Mousin decal set.
Just got a ramp Jody.

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I wish Rick PPS would make the Mousin decal set.
Just got a ramp Jody.

email Rick .... I was in need of a No Fear Plastics Set and he got them made!

#433 2 years ago

Indy ramps arrived yesterday for Porkfritter 's Idny 500. I will be getting to the restore of that one sometime soon, kind of waiting to see if Mirco is going to do the radcals for it like he had stated.

#434 2 years ago

oh my gosh I had forgotten about this thread. What a mistake!
This thread really makes me happy. I remember when I came into this hobby, so much was unobtanium, and the people that had hoarded spare parts were royalty. And to now see so many machines that would previously been repaired with epoxy and duct tape (or put into storage indefinitely!) now getting ramp replacements? It's a delight.
That's to the OP for the effort, and thanks for everyone who shares their photos.

#435 2 years ago

Thanks for the rivit tutorial, I need to do my RCT ramps. Lord know when I'll gey around to it though.

#436 2 years ago

Hi Jody,

Any chance Sega's Twister ramp might be on the cards?

Thanks

Steve

#437 2 years ago

Hello, any chance Sega´s Apollo 13 ramp?

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

Hi Jody,
Any chance Sega's Twister ramp might be on the cards?
Thanks
Steve

I have a Twister donor ramp en route to me...so I should have some ready in the next month or so. Going to get Simpsons done first.

Quoted from sputnick:

Hello, any chance Sega´s Apollo 13 ramp?

That is the first request for that one. I can look into it once I get some free time.

The weather was pretty poor here all weekend, so I have been running the crap out of ramps. Lots of the large size ramps are being added to stock. Also did some new colors for 80b games.

Special runs of Pink Hollywood Heat and blue Gold Wings. Added orange Spring Break ramps and red Diamond Lady ramps.

Working on finishing up some more Swoosh ramps, CBW center trays and sizable run of Torpedo Alley mountain sets. Then on to a run of Road Show ramp sets.

20210529_195435 (resized).jpg20210529_195435 (resized).jpg20210529_195522 (resized).jpg20210529_195522 (resized).jpg20210530_134256 (resized).jpg20210530_134256 (resized).jpg20210530_172829 (resized).jpg20210530_172829 (resized).jpg
#439 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I have a Twister donor ramp en route to me...so I should have some ready in the next month or so. Going to get Simpsons done first.

That is the first request for that one. I can look into it once I get some free time.
The weather was pretty poor here all weekend, so I have been running the crap out of ramps. Lots of the large size ramps are being added to stock. Also did some new colors for 80b games.
Special runs of Pink Hollywood Heat and blue Gold Wings. Added orange Spring Break ramps and red Diamond Lady ramps.
Working on finishing up some more Swoosh ramps, CBW center trays and sizable run of Torpedo Alley mountain sets. Then on to a run of Road Show ramp sets.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi Jody,

GREAT NEWS about Twister! Please put me down for one. I will let others know about it so you can idea on demand or is it a limited run?

Cheers

Steve

#440 2 years ago

Hi Jody, the two frankenstein ramp, when is it for ?

#441 2 years ago
Quoted from fane:

Hi Jody, the two frankenstein ramp, when is it for ?

I believe Frankenstein ramps would really be nice, too.

#442 2 years ago

Yes for Frankenstein

#443 2 years ago

Not until after Allentown Pinfest at the soonest.

#444 2 years ago

Sega Apollo 13, I guarantee to buy several units

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Not until after Allentown Pinfest at the soonest.

I will always have my Frankenstein. If you say they can be done in the near future, I will be very happy.

#446 2 years ago

I was wondering how hard it would be to reproduce a PinBot topper? I have no experience, but from a 1000 foot view, it seems like it would be a lot less complex than making ramps but uses the same general techniques? I would love to get one if this ever became a reality!

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from KCMike:

I was wondering how hard it would be to reproduce a PinBot topper? I have no experience, but from a 1000 foot view, it seems like it would be a lot less complex than making ramps but uses the same general techniques? I would love to get one if this ever became a reality!

Someone was making these a while back, so give him a shout and see what he says. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-topper-#post-5780901

#448 2 years ago

FYI: The kids and I will be away for a few days this week, so any orders placed after 6/2 will not ship until 6/8. Obligatory pic of the kids:

20210531_164346 (resized).jpg20210531_164346 (resized).jpg
#449 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Someone was making these a while back, so give him a shout and see what he says. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-topper-#post-5780901

Someone wrote a forum documenting how he made his own Pinbot topper including the wiring harness. I’ll search for the forum when I get off work.

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from KCMike:

I know that Larry at Starship Fantasy recently was attempting to make these but have not heard anything lately. Maybe he can chime in if he sees this.

There are 895 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread/page/9?hl=nascarrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.