FB_IMG_1700354456205 (resized).jpg
IMG_8450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpeg
20231013_145442 (resized).jpg
ECD6F4FE-C8CE-497F-895D-649C6CA3DD61 (resized).jpeg
2023-05-12 08.55.03 (resized).jpg
2023-05-12 10.45.03 (resized).jpg

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Checkpoint also getting some love, might take a few days to free up the time to install this one.
[quoted image]

Ahh it’s an easy install!!
Go for it!

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Ahh it’s an easy install!!
Go for it!

Not so easy, a few other things I wish to address while the ramp is out of the way.

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Not so easy, a few other things I wish to address while the ramp is out of the way.

I tested the first one for Jody went in like a breeze.

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I tested the first one for Jody went in like a breeze.

I had to tweak a few holes but otherwise no issues of note. Just finished a few minutes ago, looks great!

20210210_193032 (resized).jpg20210210_193032 (resized).jpg
#355 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I had to tweak a few holes but otherwise no issues of note. Just finished a few minutes ago, looks great!
[quoted image]

Amazing what a crystal clear ramp does for a game!

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

DE Jurassic Park subway?

Have to say, I enjoyed playing several games last night. One of DE's best pins for sound effects and music.

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Have to say, I enjoyed playing several games last night. One of DE's best pins for sound effects and music.

Let alone the first DMD and shaker motor!

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Let alone the first DMD and shaker motor!

Jurassic Park I was referring too.

#359 3 years ago

Checkpoint is one of the games which shows a huge improvement with a new ramp installed! I was actually surprised how much demand there was for this ramp when I took it on originally. It is great to see some new life breathed into this title recently.

Here are some updates from the last week-
I am adding some more flaps to the lineup- Party Animal double ramp flap and Fire! ramp flaps/lift ramp plastics will be available at the end of the month. Also added lift ramp flaps for Road Kings, and a bunch of stainless Gottlieb flaps to the mix.
https://rampomatic.com/collections/ramp-flaps

I have stainless pieces coming to make complete Jokerz ramp assemblies available for those who would like a nearly-drop in replacement. You will still have to bolt your switches onto the brackets and swap decals over.

Speaking of- I added a tutorial on swapping decals over from your old ramps. Unless the decals are mangled, you can usually reuse them. The method I use has worked great on Jokerz, Mousin' around, etc.
https://rampomatic.com/blogs/tutorials/how-to-reuse-decals

Hand riveting tools will be available for sale and a riveting tutorial will be available on my site this week...will update when that goes live.

I have acquired a complete Mousin' Around game to use as a test bed for fitting the ramps I am making for that title. Yes, I said ramps...it looks like I am going to be able to do all of them, so stay tuned on that! Now that I have a game in hand, the Zip ramps will finally be starting to be available soon. This ramp has been the most difficult one I have come across so far.

A Dirty Harry demo ramp set will be shipping for test fitting this week if I find a taker for testing.

Ran a few Monte Carlo playfield ramps. I have green available as a special order item...just sign up for a notification on that color and I will get it done. Also have Monte Carlo playfield windows available as well.
Monte Carlo Ramp- https://rampomatic.com/products/gottlieb-monte-carlo-ramp-25209?_pos=1&_sid=d51d1fe79&_ss=r
Monte Carlo Playfield Window- https://rampomatic.com/products/gottlieb-monte-carlo-playfield-window-25239?_pos=2&_sid=d51d1fe79&_ss=r

Also looking for a Gottlieb Excalibur ramp to use as a donor ramp for a mold.

Should have some short NASCAR/Dale Jr. ramps available by next weekend.
https://rampomatic.com/collections/data-east-ramps/products/stern-nascar-left-ramp-515-7434-00?variant=37986315665591

I think that is it for now...

Ooh almost forgot the swag...fridge magnets and bottle opener keychains are starting to show up in orders while supplies last!
20210205_165447 (resized).jpg20210205_165447 (resized).jpg

#360 3 years ago

It's good to see so many old machines getting some new life. Thanks for all the hard work Jody. I got my mushroom world back together and it would have looked sad with a cracked castle and half melted warp pipe.

MushroomWorld (resized).jpgMushroomWorld (resized).jpg

#361 3 years ago

Hey Jody, any update on the frankenstein upper ramp?

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Hey Jody, any update on the frankenstein upper ramp?

That won't be happening for a few months yet. I only have 2 people signed up for it at the moment.

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

A Dirty Harry demo ramp set will be shipping for test fitting this week if I find a taker for testing.

Happy to help if you need a tester. I'll definitely be buying a set when they become available.

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

That won't be happening for a few months yet. I only have 2 people signed up for it at the moment.

I will get on the wait list now.
Thanks

#365 3 years ago

put me on a wait list for frankenstein

#366 3 years ago

Any chance you are going to start a list for LAH blue tar pit ramp? There is demand.

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Ooh almost forgot the swag...fridge magnets and bottle opener keychains are starting to show up in orders while supplies last!
[quoted image]

Dang. I jelly. I ordered my ramp too soon! LOL

Great stuff!

Chris

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Any chance you are going to start a list for LAH blue tar pit ramp? There is demand.

It's on the list...probably this summer.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Dang. I jelly. I ordered my ramp too soon! LOL

Great stuff!

Chris

If they manage to have Allentown later this year and things are looking better vaccine-wise, ill have them there!

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

It's on the list...probably this summer.

Nice, a lot of demand for Last Action Hero tar pit. I lucked out and mine only needed a subtle repair that isn't visible.

#370 3 years ago

Also, added some more riveting stuff to the store. I will be working on a riveting tutorial soon.

https://rampomatic.com/collections/hardware

Mousin' around Zip ramps should start being available next week!

Dirty Harry ramps are shipping for final test fitting today as long as the snow doesn't stop me. If all goes well, these will start being available the first week of March.

20210217_180041 (resized).jpg20210217_180041 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#371 3 years ago

Little update...ive been working my butt off on making molds, jigs and making some ramps to replenish my stock. Here are a few new things I have coming available soon.

Currently running a batch of Mousin Zip ramps with the big Dirty Harry ramp. Ill have the first batch of Zip ramps ready to ship Monday/Tuesday. I run this ramp at the same time as the big DH ramp, so that was the holdup. Thanks to the folks waiting for this one for being so patient.

Shortly after that, I will have the first batch of the large DH ramps done. I'll be running the small one to match the quantities of the large one early next week. My goal is to release the set of DH ramps late next week. I'll probably have a couple sets beyond what people have signed up for on my site. Then probably no more until April.

Once DH is done, ill be working in both Indy500 ramps. The big ramp is 100% getting done. The little one is a bit less of a sure thing. Hopefully I can make it work.

After that, Mousin Around Swoosh ramp.

I will soon have another batch of Jokerz ramps available. This batch I'll be offering complete ramp assemblies as an option. All the metal pieces will be included and installed as an option minus decals. I don't/won't do decals.

Checkpoint will now start shipping with the metal drop hole plate installed as well as the switch bracket. This should cover all the riveted items on the ramp.

DE Simpsons will be coming after all of those projects.

I found out the big Hurricane ramp will fit my machine, and I am confident ill be able to make it successfully..so if I can find a donor this summer, I'll add that to the near term list. I know there is a ton of interest on that one.

I also have a DE Batman main ramp lined up for this summer as well.

Beyond that, im not committing to any other new projects for the time being.

#372 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Beyond that, im not committing to any other new projects for the time being

Slacker .... Lol
Impressive amount of upcoming ramps!
Keep up the great work !
It's appreciated

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I found out the big Hurricane ramp will fit my machine, and I am confident ill be able to make it successfully..so if I can find a donor this summer, I'll add that to the near term list. I know there is a ton of interest on that one.

Just had another request for the Hurricane ramps today....pointed him in your direction!

#374 3 years ago

Any updates if the three way ramp for who dunnit is on the list to be remade?

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

I would LOVE one of these ramps. Apparently they are a pain to mold. But from what I hear every W?D owner needs a new one.

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Quoted from Ranhorton:

I would LOVE one of these ramps. Apparently they are a pain to mold. But from what I hear every W?D owner needs a new one.

There are a few issues with reproducing this piece. Clearly these ramps have taken a beating, in spite of the original design being pretty beefy. This piece is not a vacuum formed piece, but an injection molded piece. Even if a vacuum formed alternative was tried, it would have to be made out of at least .187" plastic which when formed would still not be as thick and reinforced as the original at the top of the ramp. Mounting would also have to be redesigned. All that coupled with under 3,000 units made. This is one of those that we all hope the original injection mold could be found.

I've had one of these on loan for several years and every once in a while took it out and scratched my head....I returned it to the donor a couple weeks ago.

I know that Jody has also given this consideration and who knows....never say never.

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I've had one of these on loan for several years and every once in a while took it out and scratched my head....I returned it to the donor a couple weeks ago.

Here's a thought. For some complex shapes, would it be feasible to make a modular design? Not just a vacuum molded multi-piece(which I think would work for some big ramps), but also maybe splitting an existing ramp up and using another non-vacuum formed piece to put them together. I'm not familiar with the W?D ramp in question, but I've pondered this in regards to the boney beast ramp for Scared Stiff. I have several ramps in fine condition.....except for the piece over the spider hole which is invariably destroyed and then held together with a bracket. Why not trim the ends flush and make a replacement bridge out of ABS(3d printed) or sheet metal that does away with the weak point altogether? Would a design approach like this help with other ramps?

#378 3 years ago

The first place I would go to find an injection mold would be Planetary Pinball.

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Mark hit the nail on the head here...I studied it, and it doesn't make much sense to me at the moment to try and make something that wouldn't be as good as the original. I believe the Pinball Pimp guy in Idaho in conjunction with PPS would be a good place to look toward on getting these redone. Pinball Pimp is a whiz on injection molding stuff, and has already brought some repro pieces to market recently.

As for modular ramps, I think the best bet on most of these is to step up to .150" or .187" thick material if necessary and adjust mounting points as needed to compensate. Some of these ramps were exceptionally thin from the factory, and just going to my standard .125" thick would be a significant upgrade. Hollywood Heat is a good example here. Those things were like .050" or so originally for whatever reason. I have made some tweaks to my mold making methods, and now I can fit DE Simpsons, Hurricane, Indy 500 (the big ramp) and some others that I had previously declined due to machine size. My biggest hangup right now is my day job...I just do not have enough hours in the day to make all the ramps I would like to make, and work the job that pays the bills.

#380 3 years ago

All of my ramps are .187 or ,177. I sometimes need screws 1/4 inch longer to remount them but the holes are almost always still in the right place.

#381 3 years ago

There are 2 things I need. The NBA hoops ramp metal bracket protecting the outhole. I need to borrow it but would prefer to buy it if possible.
Next, I need a Cyclone game to test fit my Ferris Wheel Exit ramp. Preferably one in the Phoenix Valley but if I don't find one here, I would be willing to ship it to someone to test fit themselves.

#382 3 years ago

Jody, I'm sorry, I accidently posted this on your thread.

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:Jody, I'm sorry, I accidently posted this on your thread.

Thread wars !

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Jody, I'm sorry, I accidently posted this on your thread.

Haha no problem Larry...I would loan you the things if I had them though!

#385 3 years ago

As long as your sure I'll end up with either my existing one intact or a new one, you can borrow my Hurricane ramp. If all goes well I'll be in your area mid June. Coaster Con!!! Thanks for making all those ramps. I keep saying I need Jody ramp to go with all my Larry and Mark ramps.

#386 3 years ago

Love your work. You are saving a lot of pins! Really am praying for you to take on the middle 3 ramp on whodunnit. Mine are hazy. Got to believe all of us Whodunnit owners would be in for them!

#387 3 years ago
Once DH is done, ill be working in both Indy500 ramps. The big ramp is 100% getting done. The little one is a bit less of a sure thing. Hopefully I can make it work.</block. Hi. I’ll need the small Indy ramp Please keep me in the list. Thank you

#388 3 years ago

JodyG I’ll need the small ramp in Indy 500 ( is the one is always broken). Let me know if you decide to make it. Thank you

1 week later
#389 3 years ago

JodyG did you get a loner Excalibur ramp yet? I have one I will send, but its not perfect. It has been glued back together. If you can work with this let me know.

Cheers
Mike

#390 3 years ago

My nephew is trying to save his “Escape the lost world”, not the most popular pin but those ramps need a reboot as well.

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

jodyg did you get a loner Excalibur ramp yet? I have one I will send, but its not perfect. It has been glued back together. If you can work with this let me know.
Cheers
Mike

I did not, and this would be great! I do not have a lot of demand for it yet, but I feel it would be important to redo this one if possible. Let me know when you are ready to send it over.

Quoted from Matt1724:

My nephew is trying to save his “Escape the lost world”, not the most popular pin but those ramps need a reboot as well.

I owned this one as well at one point. I can say pretty definitively that I will not be redoing these any time soon. The molds are going to be pretty huge.

Quick store update...I have a number of ramps back in stock. The first round of Dirty Harry and Mousin Zip ramps are available in the store. Jokerz is getting fully assembled ramps available as well, with all metal hardware included.

#392 3 years ago

Hi tried to contact you from your email form on website about shipping ramp to sweden, please contact med if thats possible.

/Carl

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

Hi tried to contact you from your email form on website about shipping ramp to sweden, please contact med if thats possible.
/Carl

Sent you a PM!

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

/Carl

I've had him ship roadshow ramps to me, no problem and they looked/fit great.

#395 3 years ago

Here’s a pic of my Party Animal with a new center ramp. Looking good! Nice work, @JodyG!

9F395AE5-E419-4A3C-8454-A2E5FE838BDC (resized).jpeg9F395AE5-E419-4A3C-8454-A2E5FE838BDC (resized).jpeg
#396 3 years ago

JodyG - I purchased the DH ramps (thank you as mine were shot) and was wondering if you or anyone else on this thread knows where to get the decals for the ramps? I found one at Macro's but there are 3 more I am looking for. Thank you!

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from Willys45:

JodyG - I purchased the DH ramps (thank you as mine were shot) and was wondering if you or anyone else on this thread knows where to get the decals for the ramps? I found one at Macro's but there are 3 more I am looking for. Thank you!

I reuse all the decals when possible, since they are not available. I was able to get all the decals off DH ramps, except for the top mounted one on the upper left corner. That one appears to be vinyl. Decals are one thing I have no desire to get into, due to licensing and other headaches with having to print them in batches. Here is how I reuse the decals: https://rampomatic.com/blogs/tutorials/how-to-reuse-decals

#399 3 years ago
Quoted from Willys45:

Look to see if there’s a Dirty Harry owners forum and search for decals in that forum. If not, post what you need as maybe someone recreated decals for themselves and can help you.

#400 3 years ago

Thank you all for the information !

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread/page/8?hl=wugly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.