FB_IMG_1700354456205 (resized).jpg
IMG_8450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpeg
20231013_145442 (resized).jpg
ECD6F4FE-C8CE-497F-895D-649C6CA3DD61 (resized).jpeg
2023-05-12 08.55.03 (resized).jpg
2023-05-12 10.45.03 (resized).jpg

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.
#301 3 years ago

BTW

Thanks for making so many Sys11 ramps. As an avid collector of sys11 machines I think it’s so great to have new ramps in these machines..............

..........now someone just make some Fire molded buildings.

Chris

#302 3 years ago

That Dr Dude ramp sure looks nice! Any feel for when it will be available and what the price might be?

Did you ever get the information you requested in post #281 for Junk Yard? If not, I think I can carve out a bit of time this weekend to take dimensions of the flaps on my game. PM me if you want to discuss.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from Pwedge:

That Dr Dude ramp sure looks nice! Any feel for when it will be available and what the price might be?

Looking at $75 for the Dr. Dude ramp with flap. I am probably going to run some of these this month, as I am delayed on some other material arriving for some projects I am working on.

Quoted from Pwedge:

Did you ever get the information you requested in post #281 for Junk Yard? If not, I think I can carve out a bit of time this weekend to take dimensions of the flaps on my game. PM me if you want to discuss.

I still am looking for Junkyard flaps. Any help would definitely be appreciated. A scan with a traced outline of the mounting holed and outer profile would even help. I have the factory hole spacing available on my original ramps, I just need to figure out outside dimensions and hole offset.

======

Here is a little Ramp-O-Matic update- I am working on getting an online store up and running on my website shortly, which will help streamline a couple things.
First- Single point of sale. I currently sell via Pinside, eBay, Facebook and directly through email. Consolidating these sales channels into one place will help me do a better job keeping an accurate real-time inventory. You will have a multitude of payment method options. I do not accept garden vegetables for payment though...I had to draw the line somewhere!

Second, I can list items I have not made yet. By doing so, you can click the "notify me when in stock button", which will give me an idea on interest level, and how many to make in a batch, and how to group my production runs. Once I have them made and released to the store, you will get an instant email blast that will let you know they are available for immediate checkout. Right now I use a bunch of spreadsheets to keep logs of interest lists, and it can be a bit laborious. The more time I have to make ramps and not do paperwork, the more ramps I can get out in the world. Regardless of interest levels, I will still only run a certain quantity of parts at a time...so don't think stuffing the ballot box with fake email addresses will shift the forces very much. I will list "X" number of a given ramp, and when they are gone, i'll make another batch.

I will have a page just for flaps on my site. Every ramp I make will have precision cut flaps available to purchase separately. This includes non-attached ramps, like the stainless ones Gottlieb uses. (sidebar- Gottlieb got this right, IMO) I will also add other flaps as I come across them. If you need flaps, send me your old ones, and I will get them done and added to the catalog. Turnaround time on new flap orders is 1-2 weeks.

I am aiming for offering $10 flat rate shipping in the USA. International customers will need to contact me the old way for now, as setting up automatic international shipping is a whole other rabbit hole I have to tackle yet.

Once the web site goes live, I will post a link here for everyone.

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I do not accept garden vegetables for payment though...I had to draw the line somewhere!

You obviously haven't had my garden heirloom tomatoes yet!

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Looking at $75 for the Dr. Dude ramp with flap. I am probably going to run some of these this month, as I am delayed on some other material arriving for some projects I am working on.

I still am looking for Junkyard flaps. Any help would definitely be appreciated. A scan with a traced outline of the mounting holed and outer profile would even help. I have the factory hole spacing available on my original ramps, I just need to figure out outside dimensions and hole offset.
======
Here is a little Ramp-O-Matic update- I am working on getting an online store up and running on my website shortly, which will help streamline a couple things.
First- Single point of sale. I currently sell via Pinside, eBay, Facebook and directly through email. Consolidating these sales channels into one place will help me do a better job keeping an accurate real-time inventory. You will have a multitude of payment method options. I do not accept garden vegetables for payment though...I had to draw the line somewhere!
Second, I can list items I have not made yet. By doing so, you can click the "notify me when in stock button", which will give me an idea on interest level, and how many to make in a batch, and how to group my production runs. Once I have them made and released to the store, you will get an instant email blast that will let you know they are available for immediate checkout. Right now I use a bunch of spreadsheets to keep logs of interest lists, and it can be a bit laborious. The more time I have to make ramps and not do paperwork, the more ramps I can get out in the world. Regardless of interest levels, I will still only run a certain quantity of parts at a time...so don't think stuffing the ballot box with fake email addresses will shift the forces very much. I will list "X" number of a given ramp, and when they are gone, i'll make another batch.
I will have a page just for flaps on my site. Every ramp I make will have precision cut flaps available to purchase separately. This includes non-attached ramps, like the stainless ones Gottlieb uses. (sidebar- Gottlieb got this right, IMO) I will also add other flaps as I come across them. If you need flaps, send me your old ones, and I will get them done and added to the catalog. Turnaround time on new flap orders is 1-2 weeks.
I am aiming for offering $10 flat rate shipping in the USA. International customers will need to contact me the old way for now, as setting up automatic international shipping is a whole other rabbit hole I have to tackle yet.
Once the web site goes live, I will post a link here for everyone.

Your going to be stalked for this!

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

You obviously haven't had my garden heirloom tomatoes yet!

As long as I can make them into spaghetti sauce! haha.

Okay, www.rampomatic.com is in soft open mode. Inventories are accurate, and USA ordering has been activated. Some future ramps are listed, so you can click the "notify" button and input your email to be added to the interest lists. Flaps will be added to their area next week. $10 flat rate shipping is active on all US orders of any size.

#307 3 years ago

Placed an order for a CBW tray (don't yet have the game but I know that I will). Good luck Jody!

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Placed an order for a CBW tray (don't yet have the game but I know that I will). Good luck Jody!

Thank you, I appreciate it! You are order number 0001!

#309 3 years ago

======

I can pull my JY ramps off over the weekend and see what I can do by tracing them and measuring them with a digital calipers. Hopefully I can produce something you can use.

#310 3 years ago

Finally! This will be packed and ready to go today JodyG

Work has just sucked.

20210109_085743 (resized).jpg20210109_085743 (resized).jpg
#311 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Finally! This will be packed and ready to go today JodyG
Work has just sucked.
[quoted image]

Awesome! I was actually hoping it didn't show up this past week, as one of my suppliers is late shipping some material to me for this project. Thank you!

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Awesome! I was actually hoping it didn't show up this past week, as one of my suppliers is late shipping some material to me for this project. Thank you!

But still, I like being punctual. I don't mind the pin being down for a bit, my plate is overflowing as it is.

#313 3 years ago

Just checked out web page looking good. Have one suggestion you might want add disclaimer you are one man show and this is not a full time gig. This will hopefully cut down on the instant gratification crowd fussing who expect it yesterday.

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Just checked out web page looking good. Have one suggestion you might want add disclaimer you are one man show and this is not a full time gig. This will hopefully cut down on the instant gratification crowd fussing who expect it yesterday.

I’ll be Jody’s complaint dept.
Any complaints send them my way!

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

99% of pinball business owners do it as a hobby business, a side job, not a full time business. If a customer expects instant replies to emails, postage quotes within minutes, items shipped same day, etc. then they have unrealistic expectations from this hobby.

#316 3 years ago

Freddy, I found you post extremely amusing. Would you like to handle Starship complaints too?

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Freddy, I found you post extremely amusing. Would you like to handle Starship complaints too?

Sure send em!

#318 3 years ago

Pinball is a hobby/free time enjoyment. We are lucky that people are spending their time making parts for our quote toys. Props for all.

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

This gave me a good excuse to dust off my old CAD skills. I removed just enough to get unobstructed access to the ramp flaps on my game, and then measured everything with my calipers. I then drew up the flaps and dimensioned them. The only missing dimension is the diameter of the rivet holes, but the dimension for the center is included, so you can size it appropriately. I also printed to scale and cut/test fit, so I believe they are very accurate.

I'm very excited to see this get done! I have been waiting a long time for these ramps (see post number 25 in this thread!). My ramps are in sorry shape

Let me know if you need/want the dxf files.

junkyard_ramp_flaps.pdfjunkyard_ramp_flaps.pdfIMG_20210110_224439_0674 (resized).JPGIMG_20210110_224439_0674 (resized).JPGIMG_20210110_224855_0675 (resized).JPGIMG_20210110_224855_0675 (resized).JPG
#320 3 years ago
Quoted from Pwedge:

This gave me a good excuse to dust off my old CAD skills. I removed just enough to get unobstructed access to the ramp flaps on my game, and then measured everything with my calipers. I then drew up the flaps and dimensioned them. The only missing dimension is the diameter of the rivet holes, but the dimension for the center is included, so you can size it appropriately. I also printed to scale and cut/test fit, so I believe they are very accurate.
I'm very excited to see this get done! I have been waiting a long time for these ramps (see post number 25 in this thread!). My ramps are in sorry shape
Let me know if you need/want the dxf files.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is perfect, thank you so much! I will be able to include these with the new ramps now thanks to you. Sending you a PM also

#321 3 years ago

Looks good all set up.

136061679_1056004681556889_4086025440570577470_n (resized).jpg136061679_1056004681556889_4086025440570577470_n (resized).jpg136827247_127084922574945_5916191550021513999_n (resized).jpg136827247_127084922574945_5916191550021513999_n (resized).jpg137234225_2512484772379289_2262371891531739027_n (resized).jpg137234225_2512484772379289_2262371891531739027_n (resized).jpg
#322 3 years ago

Those look great! I keep saying I will pick up a Jokerz some day if I catch a bargain.

1 week later
#323 3 years ago

Is DE Simpsons a possibility? It's a big ramp. Maybe two sections that connect in the back?

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

Is DE Simpsons a possibility? It's a big ramp. Maybe two sections that connect in the back?

I was just talking to someone about this...it looks like I could possibly split it behind the back wall and make it fit my machine. As long as the purists would not scoff at the idea. However, I am super busy with already committed projects right now. So I would not count on me looking at this for a couple months. I plan to build stock and not do much production in May/June this year. But DE Simpsons is definitely one I would like to do at some point.

#325 3 years ago

That would be awesome. I would say to the "purist" it's clearly a repro ramp anyway? My machine won't be reassembled for some time so my ramp is available if you need it. It's just missing a section at the entrance as most are...

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I was just talking to someone about this...it looks like I could possibly split it behind the back wall and make it fit my machine. As long as the purists would not scoff at the idea. However, I am super busy with already committed projects right now. So I would not count on me looking at this for a couple months. I plan to build stock and not do much production in May/June this year. But DE Simpsons is definitely one I would like to do at some point.

Wish I could afford to be a "purist".

#327 3 years ago

I got my new blue Atlantis ramp - so nice to have a new ramp! Thanks Jody!

Jody also repaired/rebuilt my lift ramp, which was in a sorry state. Here's a couple pix. Sorry that the lighting is really bad. My Atlantis is a beater and I haven't gone through it to to clean everything up and install new lights. Lights are huge pain on these Bally games with the floppy 555 sockets. This is the blue ramp, which looks really good although it's hard to see with the bad lighting and the ramp covers.

IMG_1049 (resized).JPGIMG_1049 (resized).JPGIMG_1050 (resized).JPGIMG_1050 (resized).JPG
#328 3 years ago

Got my party animal ramp in yesterday. Looks great and I’m extremely happy to have it replaced! I can’t say it enough so thanks again Jody!

C208340F-202F-4C03-88F7-6C4FAA5D6E9F (resized).jpegC208340F-202F-4C03-88F7-6C4FAA5D6E9F (resized).jpegC66CA911-5636-4018-A3C3-38E0BEC7F014 (resized).jpegC66CA911-5636-4018-A3C3-38E0BEC7F014 (resized).jpeg
#329 3 years ago

Community is lucky to have all these ramps being reproduced! All we need now is a person to take on all the reproduction decals!

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Community is lucky to have all these ramps being reproduced! All we need now is a person to take on all the reproduction decals!

Jody is good people

#331 3 years ago

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Seeing new ramps going into everyones games definitely keeps me going!

#332 3 years ago

I would probably buy a simpsons ramp if ya decide to take that project on. Any chance of doing escape from lost world left ramp? I know most eflw’s need it pretty bad. Mine only has some small cracks luckily but I’m sure it will get worse. That game takes a beating. I would buy 2 even if they were just clear. Could always paint the back brown

#333 3 years ago

Been looking at the Escape From The Lost World plastics and ramps and I think a technology (If you can call it that) called Hydrographics is the answer to remaking a decent set. Might not be able to copy the original patterns exactly but they are random type patterns anyway. should work out really nice. Follow the link below for just one example. There are others, of course.

Here is a type for dipping that’s really promising.

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from 29REO:

Been looking at the Escape From The Lost World plastics and ramps and I think a technology (If you can call it that) called Hydrographics is the answer to remaking a decent set. Might not be able to copy the original patterns exactly but they are random type patterns anyway. should work out really nice. Follow the link below for just one example. There are others, of course.

Here is a type for dipping that’s really promising.

Doesn't that material have to be baked after applying? The problem with plastics is that PETG deforms at 140 degrees, so you won't be able to heat cure it at all.

#335 3 years ago

My left ramp on EFLW is already a older reproduction and does not have the original color pattern.its just plain brown and it looks fine. Like I said I would be happy with a clear one and I could just do the painting myself. I think a lot of EFLW owners would say the same. There’s definitely been a conversation or two about it in the EFLW thread. The top ramp and the apron ramp would be super hard to reproduce but I bet you could pull off the left ramp no problem and that’s the one that generally takes the most beating

#336 3 years ago

JodyG That’s a good question. I didn’t get that there was heat curing needed from the video. However, there are a number of videos on YouTube of people using hydrographics on plastics. I’ll watch a couple of more videos to get a better understanding of the process and it’s likely that there is more than one process to this. There really is no other viable option if EFTLW plastics are to be had so I hope this can be a way to getting new art on these plastics .

#337 3 years ago

I need to temper everyones enthusiasm a but on EFTLW a bit...I am not sure I can pull those off, and if I could...its going to be a long time. I am pretty deep on "big" ramp projects for the next few months.

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Jody is good people

Purchased a Gold Wings ramp and first run Spring Break ramp in person at Allentown, nice guy!

Comfortable enough with Jody I loaned out my Jurassic Park subway to be reproduced and anything else in my Data East collection that would be of help.

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from blubboman:

I got my new blue Atlantis ramp - so nice to have a new ramp! Thanks Jody!
Jody also repaired/rebuilt my lift ramp, which was in a sorry state. Here's a couple pix. Sorry that the lighting is really bad. My Atlantis is a beater and I haven't gone through it to to clean everything up and install new lights. Lights are huge pain on these Bally games with the floppy 555 sockets. This is the blue ramp, which looks really good although it's hard to see with the bad lighting and the ramp covers.[quoted image][quoted image]

I remember playing the prototype version of Atlantis!
The balls would stay locked on the main ramp.
The submarine would go up and down to release each ball.

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Holiday update:
I have the Mousin Zip ramp and Indy 500 left ramp lined up for early-mid January.
Whew, I think that is it!

So you did get an Indy 500 left ramp to use as a donor? I have one if not.

Any progress?

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Doesn't that material have to be baked after applying? The problem with plastics is that PETG deforms at 140 degrees, so you won't be able to heat cure it at all.

What temperature is the water when they are dyed.? I recall that the water must be 155 degrees. Maybe I am wrong.

#342 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

What temperature is the water when they are dyed.? I recall that the water must be 155 degrees. Maybe I am wrong.

Jody is correct...PETG will deform at 140 Degrees. I stay on the safe side and dye at 125 degrees, generally for several hours at a time...like overnight. If the color is not as deep as I want, I rinse them completely in cold water and warm up the bath again. Some colors work faster than others... Blue and red are quicker than say yellow.

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Yup, like Mark said...155 is no bueno when it comes to PETG unfortunately. I do think that when these were made, they somehow painted the plastic before forming it...but what kind of paint they used to do that is a mystery to me.

#344 3 years ago

You can digitally print a color on the PETG before you thermoform the ramp. We are using this process to make the topper for Pinbot. Very few companies have the ability to do this. Buying colored PETG is a 5000lb project. That would be a multigenerational purchase.

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

New ramp #6 for the year is.....Dr. Dude! Is anyone interested in seeing this in color?[quoted image]

I be interested in color for DR. dude

807D7A1F-5C6E-46A2-A3CA-22A73EBA3689 (resized).jpeg807D7A1F-5C6E-46A2-A3CA-22A73EBA3689 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#346 3 years ago

Update!

DE JP subway is in stock

Stern Nascar small ramp is done, working in some production soon.

I have a couple Monte Carlo ramps available, will be running more this week. Also have the playfield window and flap available for this one.

Running some more Dr. Dude this week.

Dirty Harry is held up due to some fitment pains with the Mousin' center ramp....I am running those together, so that is the holdup source as I am mailing ramps back and forth to another pinsider who is graciously helping me out.

I am working on acquiring a complete Mousin' around machine this week, so I will be able to do all 4 ramps soon. No ETA on the other two ramps at this time...I have a pretty big backlog of other production to run.

I also added a bunch of stainless flaps for Gottlieb machines to my store last week. www.rampomatic.com

I have some other things in the works, but 24 hours does not seem to be enough time in a day at the moment.

20210205_183722 (resized).jpg20210205_183722 (resized).jpg20210206_103408 (resized).jpg20210206_103408 (resized).jpg20210206_123412 (resized).jpg20210206_123412 (resized).jpg
#347 3 years ago

What's in the box Jeff?

20210209_171853 (resized).jpg20210209_171853 (resized).jpg
#348 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

What's in the box Jeff?
[quoted image]

DE Jurassic Park subway?

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

DE Jurassic Park subway?

Yes sir, but what else is in the box?

Great job Jody, installed with a minimum of fuss.

20210209_170337 (resized).jpg20210209_170337 (resized).jpg20210209_184753 (resized).jpg20210209_184753 (resized).jpg
#350 3 years ago

Checkpoint also getting some love, might take a few days to free up the time to install this one.

20210209_184252 (resized).jpg20210209_184252 (resized).jpg
There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread/page/7?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.