IMG_9663 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1700354456205 (resized).jpg
IMG_8450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpeg
20231013_145442 (resized).jpg
ECD6F4FE-C8CE-497F-895D-649C6CA3DD61 (resized).jpeg
2023-05-12 08.55.03 (resized).jpg
There are 895 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

I may be able to help out with this one. I have a perfect Excalibur ramp in my game and would love to get these made for people that need them, but I'm a little reluctant to ship it out.
Jody, what would the turn around time be to get my ramp back? My game is played often and is one of our favorite games. I see your in Lancaster. I live near Allentown. If your traveling in the area, I can hand off the ramp instead of shipping?
PM me and maybe we can make it work?
Joe

I would absolutely like to take you up on that offer...once I get caught up on current orders. Excalibur is definitely on my list of goals to get done at some point. If I plan everything right and things go as excpected, a ramp like this could be turned around in 1-2 weeks. That would mean a finished prototype to stick back in your machine. I will definitely be in contact once I have a bit of time opened up to take this on. Thanks!!

#152 3 years ago

Sounds good!

#153 3 years ago

New Monte Carlo ramp is great! This bad boy will never break. Crazy good quality. Thanks again Jody!

#154 3 years ago

Any chance you could run some Space Shuttle ramps? Been waiting to get one for several years now...

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The big problem with this ramp, which I did not realize until discussing this with Freeplay40 is the fact that this is actually an injection molded ramp with brackets molded into it. Could this be vacuum formed? Probably. But with some caveats. The mounting brackets would have to be some kind of secondary assemblies. Possibly stainless brackets riveted to the ramp, or maybe even some brackets made of the same ramp material. Since they only hold micro switches, and are not used for mounting, there is some leeway to work with as far as that goes. Another idea would be to make those mounting flaps part of the actual lip on the top of the ramp, and then add a spacer of some sort between the switch and the mounting flap, so the switch still contacts the ball at the right place. This option seems to be the most realistic.
The second area of concern is where the 3 lanes split at the center tray. Those spots would probably need to have a special plug made for use during forming, because they will tend to thin out quite a bit when you stretch plastic over them. They are protected by posts, but I would still like to see that area as beefy as possible.
I am still willing to look into this later this year, once I get caught up on current projects.

Dont put the switch brackets in at all.

Use MRS switches there instead.
They are better and just stick on with VHB tape.

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from JLebowski:

Any chance you could run some Space Shuttle ramps? Been waiting to get one for several years now...

Space Shuttle ramps are available at Starship Fantasy in black and by special request, in clear.

#157 3 years ago

Would love to replace the plastic ramps on Whodunnit. These ever in the queue?

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Space Shuttle ramps are available at Starship Fantasy in black and by special request, in clear.

Amazing, ordered! Thanks for the update!

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

I may be able to help out with this one. I have a perfect Excalibur ramp in my game and would love to get these made for people that need them, but I'm a little reluctant to ship it out.
Jody, what would the turn around time be to get my ramp back? My game is played often and is one of our favorite games. I see your in Lancaster. I live near Allentown. If your traveling in the area, I can hand off the ramp instead of shipping?
PM me and maybe we can make it work?
Joe

You are my hero!

#160 3 years ago

Maybe I missed it but, how about ramps for Indianapolis 500?

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Dont put the switch brackets in at all.
Use MRS switches there instead.
They are better and just stick on with VHB tape.

I'd like to chat more about what MRS switch you recommend. I am not against this, it just needs to be as bulletproof as the traditional mechanical switches.

Quoted from alexanr1:

Would love to replace the plastic ramps on Whodunnit. These ever in the queue?

See above discussion

Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Maybe I missed it but, how about ramps for Indianapolis 500?

That one is too big for my machine, unfortunately. Big ramps are also a big pain to ship for me...larger boxes are expensive to buy/ship to me, then take a lot of packing material to fill, and then cost a lot to ship to you. Spacewise, my little shop can't handle all that very well. So for now, I'll leave the biggest ramps to the big guys. Some day, if I build a decent size shop, i'll look into doing the big ramps. Right now, I play Tetris with my work stations, and pretty much just pull one out at a time while I am doing one part of the process.

Right now, I am finishing up the rest of the initial Road Show orders this week. The first batch of Road kings has shipped, and I would like to knock out the bulk of those left on the list this weekend. After that, a batch of Checkpoint ramps, experimental molds for Torpedo Alley mountains, then possibly the Excalibur ramp.

#163 3 years ago

$25 per switch...I am not sure if everyone would be down with that, but I could probably make the ramps work both ways with a little forethought.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

$25 per switch...I am not sure if everyone would be down with that, but I could probably make the ramps work both ways with a little forethought.

They are expensive.

But a much higher degree of reliability.

Plus you can just stick them on the side of a ramp anywhere, unlike optos that need controller boards and software.

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Would you consider making the center ramp for Jokerz!? Mine is broken at the left end.

Plus one for any Jokerz ramps, I would purchase one as well!!

#166 3 years ago

Weekend update:
If you are a USA and I have not contacted you about Road Kings ramps, please PM me. I am currently having trouble tracking down the USPS customs label pouches for international customers. The post office told me the manufacturer is having trouble getting the plastic they use to make them. I have a bunch on order, but they have not shipped yet.

I added a handful of Cue Ball Wizard trays to my Pinside store, so they are now back in stock.

I'll be running the left hand ramps for Road Show this week for the folks who only wanted that ramp.

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Weekend update:
If you are a USA and I have not contacted you about Road Kings ramps, please PM me. I am currently having trouble tracking down the USPS customs label pouches for international customers. The post office told me the manufacturer is having trouble getting the plastic they use to make them. I have a bunch on order, but they have not shipped yet.
I added a handful of Cue Ball Wizard trays to my Pinside store, so they are now back in stock.
I'll be running the left hand ramps for Road Show this week for the folks who only wanted that ramp.

Maybe ziploc bags in a pinch?

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Maybe ziploc bags in a pinch?

I wound up ordering something off Amazon that looks to be the same thing as the official USPS pouch without the USPS legalese on it. That should work!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZJCHZF3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaymerkramer:

Plus one for any Jokerz ramps, I would purchase one as well!!

Jokerz ramps are badly needed. Lots of people looking for them.
My left, right and center are all broken

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

This weekend![quoted image]

Thanks Ramp-O-Matic for the great job on the Monte Carlo ramp! I got mine changed out this past weekend. What a dramatic difference in clarity. I can see my playfield again!

-John

Old ramp (resized).pngOld ramp (resized).pngNew ramp (resized).pngNew ramp (resized).pngRamp comparison (resized).pngRamp comparison (resized).png
#171 3 years ago

Just received my new Roadshow ramps from Jody at Ramp-O-Matic. These turned out great! Jody suggested the stainless steel ramp flaps, I agreed and they look fantastic.

Just got to get my hands on the ramp decals, then I'll be all set!

Thanks again Jody!!

RS1.JPG.pdfRS1.JPG.pdfRS2.JPG.pdfRS2.JPG.pdfRS3JPG.pdfRS3JPG.pdf
#172 3 years ago

Any chance of doing the skill.shot ramp for Gottlieb Mario Andretti?
Thank you for what you do for the hobby.
Richard

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from techpatriot:

Thanks Ramp-O-Matic for the great job on the Monte Carlo ramp! I got mine changed out this past weekend. What a dramatic difference in clarity. I can see my playfield again!
-John

This looks great, thank you!

Quoted from nvu4prod:

Just received my new Roadshow ramps from Jody at Ramp-O-Matic. These turned out great! Jody suggested the stainless steel ramp flaps, I agreed and they look fantastic.

Just got to get my hands on the ramp decals, then I'll be all set!

Thanks again Jody!!

Thank you, I am looking forward to seeing all of these hitting machines in the next week or two!

Quoted from rstrunks:

Any chance of doing the skill.shot ramp for Gottlieb Mario Andretti?
Thank you for what you do for the hobby.
Richard

I do not have that one on my radar, but I will keep it in mind if there is enough interest.

1 week later
#174 3 years ago

Hey @JodyG, sent you an email re Checkpoint

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

I would soooooooo love an Excalibur ramp. Mine is held together by an ugly repair job. I hope this titles finds its way onto your list.

Jody has said previously he would look at this one if he can source a donor of an original in US..... anyone?

I'm pretty sure every single Excalibur owner has a ramp that is broken. I've seen many to date and all are broken on the top left tight bend.

I just received my Gold Wings ramp and looking forward to fitting it later. Top notch service as a seller prepared to ship over the pond despite USPS/Covid difficulties. Cheers !

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from JMP:

Jody has said previously he would look at this one if he can source a donor of an original in US..... anyone?
I'm pretty sure every single Excalibur owner has a ramp that is broken. I've seen many to date and all are broken on the top left tight bend.
I just received my Gold Wings ramp and looking forward to fitting it later. Top notch service as a seller prepared to ship over the pond despite USPS/Covid difficulties. Cheers !

I have a local donor lined up, but I am currently just barely staying ahead of orders for ramps I already make...having two big new releases hit last month was a big undertaking. Once I get ahead a bit, Excalibur is going to get done right after the Torpedo Alley mountains.

#177 3 years ago

I'm in for Junk Yard ramps when you get around to producing them. Thanks for taking them on!

1 week later
#178 3 years ago

RS Ramps received yesterday, but i was so busy i didn't have the time to share the news!

A liitle more than two weeks to get the package, mostly due to the fact that several days were lost for custom clearance. I was ready to pay some custom fee, but nothing in the end, and i will not complain

I'll try to provide some pics anytime soon.

Many many thanks JodyG!

#179 3 years ago

Definitely in for a set of ramps for my Junk Yard. Any idea on time frame ?

#180 3 years ago

Thank you Jody, we received our Road Show ramps the other day and they look awsome!!!

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainCaverne:

Many many thanks JodyG!

Thank you!! 2 weeks is not too shabby at all considering what a mess things are here in the states.

Quoted from trazy11:

Definitely in for a set of ramps for my Junk Yard. Any idea on time frame ?

Probably looking at sometime early fall on these.

Quoted from TheJanitor:

Thank you Jody, we received our Road Show ramps the other day and they look awsome!!!

Thank you!! I am glad they got there safely...I have had a lot of ramps travel out to the west coast in the last month or so.

#182 3 years ago

Subbing

Curious of the transporter ship if that’s a possibility??

#183 3 years ago

Sorry for the late Feedback. I have received the ramp a couple of weeks before. The quality is amazing! Thank you JodyG for you’re efforts to make us RS owners with a cracked left ramp happy.

I will make pictures when I have installed the ramp. But it can take a while. I’m waiting for bad weather

Best regards from Germany
Peter

P.S. sorry for my English

#184 3 years ago

Candman, you're English is fine.

#185 3 years ago

Just bought a Who Dunnit and would kill (pun intended...hahaha) for a new elevator ramp and scoop!

2 weeks later
#186 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Subbing
Curious of the transporter ship if that’s a possibility??

Right now, I am going to pass on that one.

Quoted from candyman1979:

Sorry for the late Feedback. I have received the ramp a couple of weeks before. The quality is amazing! Thank you jodyg for you’re efforts to make us RS owners with a cracked left ramp happy.

I will make pictures when I have installed the ramp. But it can take a while. I’m waiting for bad weather

Best regards from Germany
Peter

P.S. sorry for my English

Thank you!! Your English sounds great from here!

September update:
We are currently in the middle of the small window of time in Pennsylvania where the weather is actually nice....so my ramp making time has been somewhat shortened. My day job is still working me as many OT hours as they can get...unprecedented times going on right now. I overdid it a bit in July having four new large ramps launch simultaneously...so a break was needed

As of right now, I am only shipping ramps I have in stock...there will be somewhat of a delay in making any more runs. I am partially finished with another batch of Road Show ramps, and just about everything else has at least some back stock. Playfield windows are OOS for the time being until I get my router upgraded and fixed.

I have a yet-to-be announced new ramp coming once the master arrives, so we can expect that in early October. I will also be spending some time on the Torpedo Alley molds in the next couple weeks. These molds are going to be very different than a usual ramp mold, so nothing is guaranteeing them to pan out at this point.

#187 3 years ago

Hi Jody, I have a box here to send to you.
I'm sorry I didn't hear a follow up reply.
Should I send today, or wait?
Thanks!!!!!!!!!

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hi Jody, I have a box here to send to you.
I'm sorry I didn't hear a follow up reply.
Should I send today, or wait?
Thanks!!!!!!!!!

PM sent

#189 3 years ago

I am going to have a couple Road Show sets left out of this batch, and that will probably be it for a couple months. PM me if you would like a set from this batch. Also ran a Gold Wings ramp in yellow for a customer....first ever request for that one!

20200920_081633 (resized).jpg20200920_081633 (resized).jpg
#190 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I get a lot of requests for Dr. Dude and should definitely add that to the probable list. But that wouldn't be until late summer at the soonest.

I re-up for the Dr DUDE

#191 3 years ago

Torpedo Alley update:
Yesterday was one of those days I started to feel like I've bit off more than I can chew. When making my molds, the original parts did not want to release, and I completely destroyed 2 of the 3 mountains getting them out. I knew this could happen, and these are much more fragile than a usual ramp. Well, my worst nightmare came true. I figured my Torpedo Alley machine may have just donated its life to science.

So today, I finished off the molds and gave them a trial run. To my relief, they seemed to work pretty well. The detail seemed to reproduce pretty faithfully. After cutting them out, I decided to use some paint I had here to do a very basic paint job to see how they would look. The paint was thrown together a bit hastily, but the factory seemed to do the same...haha
I need to get the right paint for this plastic, but this should give you guys a decent idea on how well the molds turned out. I have to do some work to the ball openings yet, and spot all the mounting holes. I am also going to be offering new clear protective plastics to go with these, because yours are probably just as yellowed as my originals are.

At the end of the day, my original mountains gave their life to better the pinball world...so they should be proud of themselves for that at least.

I'll be taking names for these if anyone is wanting to purchase a set. PM me your email address and I'll add you to the que. I will determine the price shortly. These most likely will be sold as clear parts, to be painted by the purchaser.

20200923_172151 (resized).jpg20200923_172151 (resized).jpg20200923_172354 (resized).jpg20200923_172354 (resized).jpg20200923_172359 (resized).jpg20200923_172359 (resized).jpg20200923_174928 (resized).jpg20200923_174928 (resized).jpg20200923_174931 (resized).jpg20200923_174931 (resized).jpg20200923_174933 (resized).jpg20200923_174933 (resized).jpg
#192 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Torpedo Alley update:

That's amazing..
Impressive to take this on , however saving incomplete machines
Thank you

#193 3 years ago

Jody is trying to help me, and others with another mousin ramp.

I cannot begin to share my thanks and gratefulness to the help he is bringing to the hobby!

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Torpedo Alley update:
Yesterday was one of those days I started to feel like I've bit off more than I can chew. When making my molds, the original parts did not want to release, and I completely destroyed 2 of the 3 mountains getting them out. I knew this could happen, and these are much more fragile than a usual ramp. Well, my worst nightmare came true. I figured my Torpedo Alley machine may have just donated its life to science.
So today, I finished off the molds and gave them a trial run. To my relief, they seemed to work pretty well. The detail seemed to reproduce pretty faithfully. After cutting them out, I decided to use some paint I had here to do a very basic paint job to see how they would look. The paint was thrown together a bit hastily, but the factory seemed to do the same...haha
I need to get the right paint for this plastic, but this should give you guys a decent idea on how well the molds turned out. I have to do some work to the ball openings yet, and spot all the mounting holes. I am also going to be offering new clear protective plastics to go with these, because yours are probably just as yellowed as my originals are.
At the end of the day, my original mountains gave their life to better the pinball world...so they should be proud of themselves for that at least.
I'll be taking names for these if anyone is wanting to purchase a set. PM me your email address and I'll add you to the que. I will determine the price shortly. These most likely will be sold as clear parts, to be painted by the purchaser.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. That’s amazing. They look great.

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Well, my worst nightmare came true.

Mama told me there'd be days like this..

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Jody is trying to help me, and others with another mousin ramp.
I cannot begin to share my thanks and gratefulness to the help he is bringing to the hobby!

I love helping keep these games going! You heard it here first...the "Zip" ramp in the middle of the picture for Mousin' Around is coming next. Should be doing the test pull this weekend!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#197 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Torpedo Alley update:
I'll be taking names for these if anyone is wanting to purchase a set. PM me your email address and I'll add you to the que. I will determine the price shortly. These most likely will be sold as clear parts, to be painted by the purchaser.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent work sir! Mine are in great shape but I might buy a spare set on general principle.

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Excellent work sir! Mine are in great shape but I might buy a spare set on general principle.

Thanks, Gary!

I am looking at having clear back stickers made to reproduce the text on these. I just need to learn some illustrator skills. The fonts seem pretty standard, I just need to stretch the text boxes to fit the given size.

#199 3 years ago

Making progress on the next Mousin' Around ramp. I have about a week of tuning in to do yet, but you get the idea.

20200926_161836 (resized).jpg20200926_161836 (resized).jpg

#200 3 years ago

CNC router is back in business....time to run some new flat plastics and also catch up on some things I have been out of.

20200929_204246 (resized).jpg20200929_204246 (resized).jpg
There are 895 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread/page/4?hl=bertodrink1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.