FB_IMG_1700354456205 (resized).jpg
IMG_8450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpeg
20231013_145442 (resized).jpg
ECD6F4FE-C8CE-497F-895D-649C6CA3DD61 (resized).jpeg
2023-05-12 08.55.03 (resized).jpg
2023-05-12 10.45.03 (resized).jpg

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 18.
#102 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

She looooves camping. Shes a Norwegian Forest cat, so she pretty much acts like a dog. She just patrols the site and lounges around most of the day while we are there. We made her an IG account this year as well, which you can follow @smudgiecamps

Came for the ramps, staying for the cat.
this thread has it all!

#103 3 years ago

Making progress this week! Molded and rough cut out a pile of ramps so far.

20200701_173205 (resized).jpg20200701_173205 (resized).jpg
#104 3 years ago

Getting caught back up! I burned some midnight oil and was able to finish a stack of Gold Wings ramps. I believe I have reached out to everyone who asked, but please let me know if I missed you. They are also in stock on my Pinside store if you want to order through there.

The first batch of Hollywood Heat ramps are ready for color, so anyone looking to buy one right now, let me know what color you are interested in so I can do them in batches. Clear is available for immediate shipment. I will be doing red first, then purple. Blue and pink will be available as well, but they will be smaller batches. You can order direct from me, or use the automated Pinside store system. International customers, reach out to me for a quote before using the Pinside system.

I'll also be doing some TX sector ramps in red concurrently with the Hollywood Heat ramps well, with none spoken for at the moment. Probably 2-3 in red, and 2-3 in purple initially. These will be $170/set plus shipping.

#105 3 years ago

Long day today, but I got quite a bit accomplished. I dialed in my new dye tanks and dyed lots of ramps. I am probably going to be discontinuing pink. You can see in the stack of ramps, the two pink ones are very close to the purple color. I have a lot of trouble getting consistent results out of the pink dye.

I also decided my Road Show has been down long enough and ran another set of test ramps for my own machine. I have one ripple to straighten out, but otherwise they are pretty close. This ramp set is pretty labor intensive, so they are not going to get done quickly. I will have the option for stainless or blue steel ramp flaps.

And last but not least, I ran 3 sets of red Tx Sector ramps and will probably run 3 sets of purple next. They need to be finished, and I will post pictures this week once that happens.
20200704_202832 (resized).jpg20200704_202832 (resized).jpg20200704_111740 (resized).jpg20200704_111740 (resized).jpg20200704_135952 (resized).jpg20200704_135952 (resized).jpg

#106 3 years ago

Tx! Tx! Tx!

3 red sets, 3 purple sets. I'll sell these first 6 sets for $150 each plus shipping if anyone is interested. I think I've had my fill of hole drilling for a least a few days now.
20200705_120108 (resized).jpg20200705_120108 (resized).jpg

#107 3 years ago

I will wait for Party Zone right ramp. Thanks! Good job!

#108 3 years ago

Hello,

Well, fantastic job!

Ramps on my Road Show have seen better days, and i am highly interested in getting one set or two when they will be available... And if you don't mind shipping to France

Keep up the good work !

#109 3 years ago

Can you produce a ramp in a light blue or teal tint?

#110 3 years ago

Interested in a set of roadshow ramps. How much?

#111 3 years ago

Hi Jody
Can you mold the Transporter ship (with the clear bubble) and Atlantis submarine? I'm working with Mikonos on the decals for these right now. He has posted to the respective forums.

IMG_0739 (resized).jpegIMG_0739 (resized).jpegIMG_0768 (resized).jpgIMG_0768 (resized).jpg
#112 3 years ago

A Dr. Dude ramp would be most excellent. It would be super cool if I could buy one soon. My ramp is on life support now.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainCaverne:

And if you don't mind shipping to France

Not a problem as long as what the USPS charges is okay with you

Quoted from yellowghost:

Can you produce a ramp in a light blue or teal tint?

Yes, I actually do a teal/turquoise color now on one of the Hollywood Heat ramps.

Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Interested in a set of roadshow ramps. How much?

These will be around $200/set

Quoted from blubboman:

Can you mold the Transporter ship (with the clear bubble) and Atlantis submarine? I'm working with Mikonos on the decals for these right now. He has posted to the respective forums.

Shoot me a PM with the overall dimensions of those parts if you can. If you have the parts in hand, take a picture of the inside cavity also. I am actually interested in doing the ramp for Atlantis as well if you would be willing to share yours. Thanks!

#114 3 years ago

I have a single Checkpoint ramp available if anyone missed the first run.
20200707_175042 (resized).jpg20200707_175042 (resized).jpg

#115 3 years ago

checking these ramp threads is like waking up on xmas morning and seeing what's there under the tree...

#116 3 years ago

Clear and blue colored gifts today!

20200708_165936 (resized).jpg20200708_165936 (resized).jpg20200708_171226 (resized).jpg20200708_171226 (resized).jpg
#117 3 years ago

I wish it was you that was doing the demolition-man ramps. That teal-blue would look great

#118 3 years ago

This weekend!

20200709_193600 (resized).jpg20200709_193600 (resized).jpg
#119 3 years ago

Road Kings with clear ramps...who knew there was art on the back wall behind the playfield!?!
I have some work to do on the back ramp, and some tweaking on the front...but you get the idea at least.
20200710_195510 (resized).jpg20200710_195510 (resized).jpg

#121 3 years ago

I don’t see any mention of the long hurricane ramp that loops around the flipper/apron area?

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I don’t see any mention of the long hurricane ramp that loops around the flipper/apron area?

You guys should lobby Starship Fantasy on that one. I believe he just needs to get enough interest to run them. Ramps that big are a bit more than I can handle right now.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I'm pretty sure Larry has the mold for that one. Seem to recall seeing a pic. I'd buy one.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I'm pretty sure Larry has the mold for that one. Seem to recall seeing a pic. I'd buy one.

Seems Larry owns a ramp company but doesn't know how to get ramps made.

#125 3 years ago

I think he is hesitant to do them because all three ramps are on one mold....possibly fearing unequal sales. If the mold was mine, I'd cut it up into the three different ramps. Thing is a monster!

5cbc34cfd8b096523e1c8b8fd0d7ef287e3eb5e6 (resized).png5cbc34cfd8b096523e1c8b8fd0d7ef287e3eb5e6 (resized).png
#126 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

who knew there was art on the back wall behind the playfield!?

Had no idea, looks great with the new ramp.

#127 3 years ago

Excuse me. I have over 140 ramps and parts in stock and distributed throughout the world. Who has made more ramps? Marc and Jody and I have different business models. Because of that we usually never even compete with each other, which is great for the hobby. You can not expect me to act like them any more than they will act like me. I have made several new ramps. Bad Cats, WCS, TZ subway, ES subway. I produce them in 100s to supply the world. We manufacture around 6000 ramps per year.

#128 3 years ago

If you comment on my post, please do so on my thread. let's not highjack Jody's.

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Seems Larry owns a ramp company but doesn't know how to get ramps made.

Not surprised you want hurricane ramps.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Excuse me. I have over 140 ramps and parts in stock and distributed throughout the world. Who has made more ramps? Marc and Jody and I have different business models. Because of that we usually never even compete with each other, which is great for the hobby. You can not expect me to act like them any more than they will act like me. I have made several new ramps. Bad Cats, WCS, TZ subway, ES subway. I produce them in 100s to supply the world. We manufacture around 6000 ramps per year.

Thanks Larry! What each of us do really compliments the hobby well. I know I couldn't even begin to be able to do 100 sets of WCS ramps, and im sure you have no desire to run some of these super low volume niche ramps I have taken on. Literally everyone in pinball wins.

#131 3 years ago

Hmmm, I've got 3 "Larrys", 3 "Marks", but no "Jodys" yet. If you make the RCT right ramp I'd but one. Mine is in good shape (and Ciffy proctected), but it seems like people are always looking for that one.

#132 3 years ago

I'm in for a set of RK ramps.

My RK has been in our storage building for a couple years now. Time for a Comet Sunlight LED upgrade maybe a Comet Fire bulb or two somewhere along the back also.

#134 3 years ago

I would soooooooo love an Excalibur ramp. Mine is held together by an ugly repair job. I hope this titles finds its way onto your list.

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Not a problem as long as what the USPS charges is okay with you

Great, you'll tell me when theses babies will be ready

#136 3 years ago

Got my mousin ramp!
Looks great, just waiting for pinballlife order and this will go in a week or 2.

#137 3 years ago

Thanks for the support everyone! Good news- I have some Cue Ball Wizard center ramp plastics that will be run again concurrently with Road Kings. Bad news- I overdid it a little making Monte Carlo ramps on Friday and am going to most likely be on the shelf all week. Stay tuned!

20200713_154852 (resized).jpg20200713_154852 (resized).jpg
#138 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Thanks for the support everyone! Good news- I have some Cue Ball Wizard center ramp plastics that will be run again concurrently with Road Kings. Bad news- I overdid it a little making Monte Carlo ramps on Friday and am going to most likely be on the shelf all week. Stay tuned!
[quoted image]

So nice and clear! They always end up scratched and foggy in the middle.

#139 3 years ago

I would like to throw in a request for the Data East Jurassic Park subway, would be a major help for me!

#140 3 years ago

If anyone has one of these to borrow...I am going to be looking to add the 3-way Who Dunnit ramp and the center ramp for Jokerz to my lineup later this summer.

Quoted from spent85:

I would like to throw in a request for the Data East Jurassic Park subway, would be a major help for me!

I need to get with cougtv ans see if he still wants to let me borrow his. I can probably turn that one around pretty easily for you guys.

#141 3 years ago

Well, my hand is doing better, and its hotter than hades here this weekend, so I have been working on the backlog a bit. These are ready for secondary work now. Road Show is a very labor intensive ramp set; one miscue, and you've scrapped one. Making ramps, you always will have ramps you have to scrap though. But you usually learn what to do or not do the next time to keep it from happening again. The chance of everything going perfectly every time through all the steps is very small. The second picture is my "cathedral of learning" for the weekend spread across the floor.

20200719_144923 (resized).jpg20200719_144923 (resized).jpg20200719_145935 (resized).jpg20200719_145935 (resized).jpg
#142 3 years ago

The Genesis ramp set for me was my second ramp produced. I know I threw away over 60 forms before I got the process down. I had so may to trash, I talked my supplier into letting me dump them in his dumpster...with hopes of recycling.

And, I still smile when I see a stack of ramps I've made!

#143 3 years ago

I had James and his 10 years of ramp making to back me up. Almost every day I learned something else that can go wrong. Still happens today but not as often.

#144 3 years ago

just installed Jody's new ramp in My Monte Carlo. Ramp fits well and works better than the original. Just a minor tweaks around the out lane and the in gate.

IMG_1480 (resized).JPGIMG_1480 (resized).JPGIMG_1478 (resized).JPGIMG_1478 (resized).JPGIMG_1479 (resized).JPGIMG_1479 (resized).JPG
#145 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

If anyone has one of these to borrow... 3-way Who Dunnit ramp

Check this image for a potential donor. The upper-right screw at Tony's Palace has some fracturing, no pieces. These W?D center ramps take a pounding. I'm curious if replacements can take the abuse and prevent shaking loose the mounting hardware.

RRwdnnt3wayRamp.jpgRRwdnnt3wayRamp.jpg
#146 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Check this image for a potential donor. The upper-right screw at Tony's Palace has some fracturing, no pieces. These W?D center ramps take a pounding. I'm curious if replacements can take the abuse and prevent shaking loose the mounting hardware.
[quoted image]

The big problem with this ramp, which I did not realize until discussing this with Freeplay40 is the fact that this is actually an injection molded ramp with brackets molded into it. Could this be vacuum formed? Probably. But with some caveats. The mounting brackets would have to be some kind of secondary assemblies. Possibly stainless brackets riveted to the ramp, or maybe even some brackets made of the same ramp material. Since they only hold micro switches, and are not used for mounting, there is some leeway to work with as far as that goes. Another idea would be to make those mounting flaps part of the actual lip on the top of the ramp, and then add a spacer of some sort between the switch and the mounting flap, so the switch still contacts the ball at the right place. This option seems to be the most realistic.

The second area of concern is where the 3 lanes split at the center tray. Those spots would probably need to have a special plug made for use during forming, because they will tend to thin out quite a bit when you stretch plastic over them. They are protected by posts, but I would still like to see that area as beefy as possible.

I am still willing to look into this later this year, once I get caught up on current projects.

#147 3 years ago

10-4. The switch mounts look like fun. The photo does reveal a seam in the middle section of each-three exits. It looks like it was 4-pieces bonded together then switch-mounts added. Multi-ball beats this section pretty hard. It's scary; I'm surprised the ramp can take it. Very thankful to have someone talking about producing them. Exciting.

#148 3 years ago

@JodyG
I hope you can make the Who Dunnit center ramp.
Many people are looking for this.
Are you also going to make the large ramp with the traintracks?

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from SpuRge79:

JodyG
I hope you can make the Who Dunnit center ramp.
Many people are looking for this.
Are you also going to make the large ramp with the traintracks?

I do not have plans for the big ramp at this time...it may be too big for my machine. I would have to measure one to see.

Plugging away on some Road Show ramps this week. I am hoping to have the first batch done tomorrow. Then I will probably finish a batch of Road Kings ramps, then back to RS, and RK for another batch.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

I would soooooooo love an Excalibur ramp. Mine is held together by an ugly repair job. I hope this titles finds its way onto your list.

I may be able to help out with this one. I have a perfect Excalibur ramp in my game and would love to get these made for people that need them, but I'm a little reluctant to ship it out.

Jody, what would the turn around time be to get my ramp back? My game is played often and is one of our favorite games. I see your in Lancaster. I live near Allentown. If your traveling in the area, I can hand off the ramp instead of shipping?

PM me and maybe we can make it work?

Joe

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.