IMG_9663 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1700354456205 (resized).jpg
IMG_8450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpeg
20231013_145442 (resized).jpg
ECD6F4FE-C8CE-497F-895D-649C6CA3DD61 (resized).jpeg
2023-05-12 08.55.03 (resized).jpg
There are 895 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 18.
#601 2 years ago

Sneak preview...the cover will have stainless brackets riveted on since the original formed ones all break quickly. 85 holes on the main ramp...71 of them are CNC cut...thats a first for me. Note, if you zoom in...there is a web in the right exit. That won't be there on the finished version, I just used that one to test the CNC cutting.

20220226_140917 (resized).jpg20220226_140917 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#602 2 years ago

Now available at www rampomatic.com -

DE Batman main ramp
DE Simpsons
Rollergames
Rollergames Shooter lane cover
Also a restock on Twister ramps for those waiting

1 month later
#603 2 years ago

Do you have the DE Jurassic part ramps? Looking to buy one. Price and delivery estimate please

#604 2 years ago
Quoted from gstanczuk:

Do you have the DE Jurassic part ramps? Looking to buy one. Price and delivery estimate please

Jody only sells the subway.

#605 2 years ago

Sorry, just the subway at this time. Maybe one day though!

I've been quiet here lately as I have been just keeping up with orders and building some stock for Allentown Pinfest/my summer break. I will be announcing a new set of ramps at Pinfest...a set that many have asked for. Stay tuned!

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I've been quiet here lately as I have been just keeping up with orders and building some stock for Allentown Pinfest/my summer break. I will be announcing a new set of ramps at Pinfest...a set that many have asked for. Stay tuned!

Frankenstein!

#607 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Do you expect to have any Excalibur ramps ready before your summer break?

#608 1 year ago
Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

Do you expect to have any Excalibur ramps ready before your summer break?

Funny you were asking that as I was finishing a small batch

1 week later
#609 1 year ago

Hey Jody,

Any update on the Frankenstein ramp?
Also, what was your announcement at pinfest?

#610 1 year ago
Quoted from kba78:

Hey Jody,
Any update on the Frankenstein ramp?
Also, what was your announcement at pinfest?

I am looking at running Frankenstein with the new ramp I announced at Pinfest, which is.....

TRON Pro/LE- Both ramps

But I plan on not doing anything at all in May/June, so I am telling people this fall just to be safe. I also have to get the Hot Shots ramps finished sometime in there as well.

I picked up a Hook at the show, so those ramps are now in play. Also note that Freeplay40 already offers the Rufio ramp, so I am concentrating on the skill shot and whirlpool ramp. If someone has a Monday Night Football skill shot ramp, I would like to borrow one sometime to compare to the Hook skill shot ramp. The Rufio ramp is cut down from a MNF ramp, and I am curious what the differences may be between the skill shot ramps.

#611 1 year ago

Cool, thanks for the update.
I'm hoping to get a MNF by the fall, and I would send you the skill shot ramp.
I'll keep you posted when/if I aquire it.

#612 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am looking at running Frankenstein with the new ramp I announced at Pinfest, which is.....
TRON Pro/LE- Both ramps
But I plan on not doing anything at all in May/June, so I am telling people this fall just to be safe. I also have to get the Hot Shots ramps finished sometime in there as well.
I picked up a Hook at the show, so those ramps are now in play. Also note that Freeplay40 already offers the Rufio ramp, so I am concentrating on the skill shot and whirlpool ramp. If someone has a Monday Night Football skill shot ramp, I would like to borrow one sometime to compare to the Hook skill shot ramp. The Rufio ramp is cut down from a MNF ramp, and I am curious what the differences may be between the skill shot ramps.

Looking forward to Frankenstein, I believe most owners need it. I always enjoy playing Hook, has a great flow.

#613 1 year ago

any request POTO left ramp none in existence ....

would buy this game if the ramps will be done !

#614 1 year ago

Happy to hear about the Tron ramps!

#615 1 year ago

Any news about ramps for Goldeneye?

#616 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

any request POTO left ramp none in existence ....
would buy this game if the ramps will be done !

Second this!

#617 1 year ago

Hi all, I am currently in Vacation mode...all I am confirming at the moment is Tron, Hot Shots and the smaller of the two Frankenstein ramps for now. I probably will not start on any of those projects until late June at the earliest. I do have some other projects in line after those, but I am not confirming anything on those at this time, as their timing is subject to change.

#618 1 year ago

Enjoy your vacation !
Maybe we’ll have to meet up for an Eienstok or three!

#619 1 year ago

I'm in for a hot shots. Thanks

2 weeks later
#620 1 year ago
Quoted from DrGonzo:

Any news about ramps for Goldeneye?

Definitely much needed! I just re-broke my center ramp and my left ramp has a crack now too

#621 1 year ago
Quoted from codered9394:

I'm in for a hot shots. Thanks

Hot Shots for me too please

#622 1 year ago

I’ll take a hot shots!!

Exciting!

#623 1 year ago

Any plans for Independence Day ramps?

#624 1 year ago

I know the Sega Baywatch ramps have already been remade, but any chance we can get the very common broken subway reproduced?

#625 1 year ago
Quoted from YERFDOG:

I know the Sega Baywatch ramps have already been remade, but any chance we can get the very common broken subway reproduced?

Already bought the ramps (thank you for making them!)…I will buy a Baywatch subway if you every have time (even though the mini orbit I have with the sub turned off is delightful). Thank you for putting up with us.

Here is a thought (now hear me out) split the mold into two pieces if it’s too big for your setup. A seam in the right place is easily reinforced with extra screw points, and it’s a subway…no one with a broken sub will complain…unless it causes a ball to hang up. Thank you.

#626 1 year ago

Following now. Definately interested in Tron ramps.

#627 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Following now. Definately interested in Tron ramps.

Same here

#628 1 year ago

Still "on vacation" here but I have been working on new molds in the meantime when we get the occasional hot days. We have actually had a mild summer here so far, which has not happened in ages it seems. Here are some important updates:

Tron/Hot Shots:
I purposely have not started product pages on my site for the Tron ramps yet because I think the initial interest list will be too large for me to fulfill right away. So I am going to make as many as I have plastic for and get them listed and sold as a first come first serve on the web site, and then will run more batches successively until demand is satisfied. I will most likely be running Hot Shots with this concurrently as long as my special Hot Shots mold works like I hope it does. As you know, the turn after the accelerator on the one HS ramp is concave and appears to have used a 2-piece mold from the factory, so I am recreating that on my mold.

That being said....I am going to be on the Tron ramps for the foreseeable future and will be pivoting into Hook/Frankenstein from there. If I have a ramp in stock that you need, you should probably not wait to pick it up until later, as it will be a while before I run any new batches of other ramps. I am currently running a Summer Solstice sale on all in stock ramp orders of $125 or more from today through Sunday (6/26/22). The discount is automatically applied in your cart at www.rampomatic.com

Frankenstein:
A note on Frankenstein. Right now I am just doing the smaller of the two ramps with the vertical slots in the sidewalls. My sample ramp is NOS, so I have a really good master to go from. However, there is a secondary machined part to this ramp in the trough that is a bit of a head scratcher and I will need to consult the Frankenstein thread to see exactly what the deal is there, what mounts there and come up with a plan to recreate this properly. Not a show stopper, but it adds an unusual challenge that needs to be worked out.

Hook
Hook is coming...I have the molds partially built and will finish them as time and material on hand permit. I am doing the skill shot and whirlpool ramp only. A beautiful Rufio ramp is already available from Freeplay40. I *think* the skillshot ramp for Hook will be able to be cut down for Monday Night Football as well, but the main MNF ramp is most likely not ever going to happen unfortunately. Those molds would have to be aluminum due to the ridiculously tight folds where there would usually be a lip. I cannot subtract these folds in some places because they are used to mount the ramp on the left side and a flasher on the right.

Ripley's
I picked up a nice copy of this game at Allentown and plan to keep it a while because it is one of my personal favorites. I will eventually redo both ramps with a clear option because I think that may make the game possibly look even better. The right ramp is still available NOS from Marco, but the left ramp is not out there anywhere as far as I know. This is a future passion project more than anything, but if you happen to be looking for RBION ramps, feel free to drop me a line and it may help bump the timeline up a bit.

Quoted from YERFDOG:

Definitely much needed! I just re-broke my center ramp and my left ramp has a crack now too

Probably not until fall/winter at the soonest right now.

Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Any plans for Independence Day ramps?

No plans at this time, but who know what the future holds.

Quoted from YERFDOG:

The subway would have to be two pieces because it is very long. I can look into it once I am caught up again.

#629 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Ripley's
I picked up a nice copy of this game at Allentown and plan to keep it a while because it is one of my personal favorites. I will eventually redo both ramps with a clear option because I think that may make the game possibly look even better. The right ramp is still available NOS from Marco, but the left ramp is not out there anywhere as far as I know. This is a future passion project more than anything, but if you happen to be looking for RBION ramps, feel free to drop me a line and it may help bump the timeline up a bit.

The subway would have to be two pieces because it is very long. I can look into it once I am caught up again.

Would love to see what the game looks like with clear ramps, I think it would look better as well and would likely buy from you for the Ripley's I recently picked up.

#630 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Hi all, I am currently in Vacation mode...all I am confirming at the moment is Tron, Hot Shots and the smaller of the two Frankenstein ramps for now. I probably will not start on any of those projects until late June at the earliest. I do have some other projects in line after those, but I am not confirming anything on those at this time, as their timing is subject

Still "on vacation" here but I have been working on new molds in the meantime when we get the occasional hot days. We have actually had a mild summer here so far, which has not happened in ages it seems. Here are some important updates:
Tron/Hot Shots:
I purposely have not started product pages on my site for the Tron ramps yet because I think the initial interest list will be too large for me to fulfill right away. So I am going to make as many as I have plastic for and get them listed and sold as a first come first serve on the web site, and then will run more batches successively until demand is satisfied. I will most likely be running Hot Shots with this concurrently as long as my special Hot Shots mold works like I hope it does. As you know, the turn after the accelerator on the one HS ramp is concave and appears to have used a 2-piece mold from the factory, so I am recreating that on my mold.
That being said....I am going to be on the Tron ramps for the foreseeable future and will be pivoting into Hook/Frankenstein from there. If I have a ramp in stock that you need, you should probably not wait to pick it up until later, as it will be a while before I run any new batches of other ramps. I am currently running a Summer Solstice sale on all in stock ramp orders of $125 or more from today through Sunday (6/26/22). The discount is automatically applied in your cart at www.rampomatic.com
Frankenstein:
A note on Frankenstein. Right now I am just doing the smaller of the two ramps with the vertical slots in the sidewalls. My sample ramp is NOS, so I have a really good master to go from. However, there is a secondary machined part to this ramp in the trough that is a bit of a head scratcher and I will need to consult the Frankenstein thread to see exactly what the deal is there, what mounts there and come up with a plan to recreate this properly. Not a show stopper, but it adds an unusual challenge that needs to be worked out.
Hook
Hook is coming...I have the molds partially built and will finish them as time and material on hand permit. I am doing the skill shot and whirlpool ramp only. A beautiful Rufio ramp is already available from Freeplay40. I *think* the skillshot ramp for Hook will be able to be cut down for Monday Night Football as well, but the main MNF ramp is most likely not ever going to happen unfortunately. Those molds would have to be aluminum due to the ridiculously tight folds where there would usually be a lip. I cannot subtract these folds in some places because they are used to mount the ramp on the left side and a flasher on the right.
Ripley's

Frankenstein- The upper small left ramp is always broken on these because of the mounting holes snapping. I sure hope this is one you are planning on. Thank you for your work.

#631 1 year ago

So happy Tron is next. My favourite game. I'm assuming there's no problems with shipping to Australia?

#632 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm assuming there's no problems with shipping to Australia?

Just how long it takes to get there..

Hope he ships international

#633 1 year ago

My ramps are working, just the entrances are all broken from disc airballs.

Played a Tron at an interstate comp on the weekend. The disc worked, but not like mine....

I've had it do a full toss over the flippers and down the center off the glass. Sometimes it comes off the disc and walks backwards up the ramps.

Some stainless protectors at the shoulders of the ramps might be in order. Maybe Cliffy would do them?

You can see my right ramp broke the other day even with the stainless protector in front of it.

DSCF1203[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1203[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF1202[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1202[1] (resized).jpg

#634 1 year ago

Shipping to Australia is no problem, it's just costs a lot. I do sell to Ride the Bony Beast down there as well, which could also be cheaper for you depending on location.

#635 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Shipping to Australia is no problem, it's just costs a lot. I do sell to Ride the Bony Beast down there as well, which could also be cheaper for you depending on location.

Ace mate, i'll order through Nino if that suits you as i like to support him and he goes out of his way to find what i need. He's one of the best suppliers in Australia, as well as one of the best restorers.

What's the best way to do that while ensuring i get in on the first run?

#636 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

My ramps are working, just the entrances are all broken from disc airballs.
Played a Tron at an interstate comp on the weekend. The disc worked, but not like mine....
I've had it do a full toss over the flippers and down the center off the glass. Sometimes it comes off the disc and walks backwards up the ramps.
Some stainless protectors at the shoulders of the ramps might be in order. Maybe Cliffy would do them?
You can see my right ramp broke the other day even with the stainless protector in front of it.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Cliffy makes them: http://www.passionforpinball.com/tron.htm

#637 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ace mate, i'll order through Nino if that suits you as i like to support him and he goes out of his way to find what i need. He's one of the best suppliers in Australia, as well as one of the best restorers.
What's the best way to do that while ensuring i get in on the first run?

The very first batch will only be a handful of sets which will be sold in the US only only because I always do that in order to get quick feedback on the initial run. The next batch will be shortly thereafter and will continue until demand is satisfied. Everyone who wants a set will be able to get a set in a timely manner. I have been in contact with Nino, and we are setting up an order for when I have some ready to ship for him. If anyone else would like to order with Nino, let him know so he can adjust his quantity accordingly.

#638 1 year ago

Thanks mate, will do.

#639 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

any Roller Coaster Tycoon Ramps

#640 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

any Roller Coaster Tycoon Ramps

I do not have any plans for doing that one any time soon, but there is enough interest to give it a look in 2023. I would probably have to split the ramp somewhere though to fit my machine.

#641 1 year ago

First test pulls and cuts for the new Tron ramp tooling! These are still a couple weeks away due to the stainless flaps still being made, but things are looking good. The right exit has a minor web showing in the photo which will not be present on the production pieces. Even if the first pull has a web somewhere, I still use the piece to set up other fixtures and jigs later in the process.

Note: I am not keeping an interest list on these, but will be making plenty to satisfy all demand. No need to message me about being put on the list, they will be well advertised when they are available to order on my site. I do not accept pre-orders. If you can add the item to your cart and buy it on my site, that means it's in stock and will ship in 1-2 business days. Thanks!

20220625_151505 (resized).jpg20220625_151505 (resized).jpg
#642 1 year ago

Thank you so much for doing these. It's such a great game.

#643 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thank you so much for doing these. It's such a great game.

One happy Punkin!

#644 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

One happy Punkin!

As Punkin said, Tron is such a great, fun game!! And I'm also happy that Punpkin is happy!
Of course I'll order the ramps (they will probably be of better quality than NOS), mines are holding up but you can never have enough parts!

#645 1 year ago

I really Need the ramp for Monday Night Football by Data East. I have attached some pictures of what I need. Please reach out to me if you have one. Thank you!

image (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#646 1 year ago
Quoted from carhunter1951:

I really Need the ramp for Monday Night Football by Data East. I have attached some pictures of what I need. Please reach out to me if you have one. Thank you!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately I will probably not ever be able to do that MNF ramp. The lip is so narrow that the mold material I use would most likely not hold up.

1 week later
#647 1 year ago

Here is a preview of the 3 Hot Shots ramps. I was finally able to crack the code on being able to form the overhang on the accelerator ramp...Definitely a very unique process. I have to make a couple mold tweaks on the accelerator entrance and then I'll have a couple pieces ready to go out for some early release customers this week. The stainless flaps have all arrived as of today, so we are ready to roll.

20220705_183714 (resized).jpg20220705_183714 (resized).jpg
#648 1 year ago

Quoted from JodyG:

Here is a preview of the 3 Hot Shots ramps. I was finally able to crack the code on being able to form the overhang on the accelerator ramp...Definitely a very unique process. I have to make a couple mold tweaks on the accelerator entrance and then I'll have a couple pieces ready to go out for some early release customers this week. The stainless flaps have all arrived as of today, so we are ready to roll.
[quoted image]

#649 1 year ago

Tron is on the line! First group will probably be Pro ramps, but you can drill your own holes for zip ties in the Pro ramps quite easily if you are antsy to get them now to use them on the Premium/LE. No need to PM me to ask about buying a set, I'll post a link here for purchase when they are ready to ship. Still waiting on flaps to arrive before these can be finished.
20220707_164136 (resized).jpg20220707_164136 (resized).jpg

There are 895 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread/page/13?hl=nihonmasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.