IMG_9663 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1700354456205 (resized).jpg
IMG_8450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpeg
20231013_145442 (resized).jpg
ECD6F4FE-C8CE-497F-895D-649C6CA3DD61 (resized).jpeg
2023-05-12 08.55.03 (resized).jpg
There are 895 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.
#451 2 years ago

I'm reproducing the topper as a joint deal with Planetary Pinball. It's not easy. You have to digitally print red on clear PETG or buy 5000lbs of red PETG. We're in the testing phase.

#452 2 years ago

I'm reproducing the topper as a joint deal with Planetary Pinball. It's not easy. You have to digitally print red on clear PETG or buy 5000lbs of red PETG. We're in the testing phase. Translucency is a;so an issue.

#453 2 years ago

Could'nt it be dyed red?

#454 2 years ago

Yes but it woud be traslucent and the original is almost opaque. It would be way different than the original.

#455 2 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Yes but it woud be traslucent and the original is almost opaque. It would be way different than the original.

What about dying the plastic red and then putting a white mask on the interior. The mask can determine how opaque you want it due to thickness and it might be a more cost and labor efficient solution to digital printing.

#456 2 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I'm reproducing the topper as a joint deal with Planetary Pinball. It's not easy. You have to digitally print red on clear PETG or buy 5000lbs of red PETG. We're in the testing phase. Translucency is a;so an issue.

We just need to figure out what you can do with the extra 4900lbs. I suggest the Starship Fantasy Slide Park filled with human sized versions of all your ramps.

#457 2 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

We just need to figure out what you can do with the extra 4900lbs. I suggest the Starship Fantasy Slide Park filled with human sized versions of all your ramps.

You joke but I can picture this being super awesome!

Chris

1 month later
#458 2 years ago

Wow it's been a while since I last updated! I've been super busy building stock up and satisfying orders pretty much every day of the week for Pinfest. I do have one new ramp that is in test fitting stage. Those of you looking for one know exactly what it is!

I will be shipping orders through next Friday, then I have a few days vacation followed by Allentown Pinfest. The web site will not be taking orders at that time so I don't accidentally sell something that sells out at the show.

The web site will reopen for orders August 1st.

I'll probably take at least a couple weeks off from production, because I need a break! I also want to make some shop upgrades.

20210715_172656 (resized).jpg20210715_172656 (resized).jpg
#459 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Wow it's been a while since I last updated! I've been super busy building stock up and satisfying orders pretty much every day of the week for Pinfest. I do have one new ramp that is in test fitting stage. Those of you looking for one know exactly what it is!
I will be shipping orders through next Friday, then I have a few days vacation followed by Allentown Pinfest. The web site will not be taking orders at that time so I don't accidentally sell something that sells out at the show.
The web site will reopen for orders August 1st.
I'll probably take at least a couple weeks off from production, because I need a break! I also want to make some shop upgrades.
[quoted image]

I'm Excited!!!!!! It's heading straight for us! .. touch down touch town...

#460 2 years ago

Color samples

20210717_210338 (resized).jpg20210717_210338 (resized).jpg
#461 2 years ago

Hey there - I've seen you've made ramps for a few DE games - Any chance a Robocop Jump Ramp is on your radar?

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Hey there - I've seen you've made ramps for a few DE games - Any chance a Robocop Jump Ramp is on your radar?

Not at this time, sorry!

#464 2 years ago

Has anyone installed your Indy500 ramps yet? Haven't seen posts on here or on the the club member thread.

#465 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Has anyone installed your Indy500 ramps yet? Haven't seen posts on here or on the the club member thread.

Nobody has sent me pictures, but I am lucky to see an install picture of 1 out of 100 ramps I sell. And Indy 500 is a pretty involved swap, compared to most.

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Nobody has sent me pictures, but I am lucky to see an install picture of 1 out of 100 ramps I sell. And Indy 500 is a pretty involved swap, compared to most.

I’ve been meaning to get to it! Out of town for another few weeks and will get pics, I promise!

#467 2 years ago

I read the list at the beginning of tge thread.

Has there been any discussion on doing DE JP ramp?

1 week later
#468 2 years ago

Had a great time at Pinfest this weekend! It was pretty exhausting as the first time i've done a major setup at the show, but I finally was able to meet a bunch of great pinsiders and customers I have sold ramps to in the past. I brought a few games for freeplay, and I think I converted a bunch of folks on the fact that Gold Wings is actually a fun game. Todd Tuckey stopped by and gave a pretty good overview of what I make- you can check out the interview and the rest of the show walkthrough here:

224280428_1967008660121361_3490738786484601296_n (resized).jpg224280428_1967008660121361_3490738786484601296_n (resized).jpg225062183_1942956205862325_1235889876612910677_n (resized).jpg225062183_1942956205862325_1235889876612910677_n (resized).jpg225849100_835274197375452_1073039468517508029_n (resized).jpg225849100_835274197375452_1073039468517508029_n (resized).jpg
#469 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Has there been any discussion on doing DE JP ramp?

I get requests for it, but nothing will happen before early 2022 at this point.

#470 2 years ago

Hey my friend! Stopped by to see you but you had a phone glued to your ear, see you at the next show! Display looked great!

#471 2 years ago

It was so great to meet you Jody! I WILL get that Mousin' Around from you some day!!! LOL

Chris

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I think I converted a bunch of folks on the fact that Gold Wings is actually a fun game.

I always knew it was and finally pick one up at the show to add to my Gottlieb sys80 collection.

1BC4B9D5-0428-42FC-9141-28D84252260B (resized).jpeg1BC4B9D5-0428-42FC-9141-28D84252260B (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#473 2 years ago

I feel so lucky to have been able to spent time at the Ramp-O-Matic booth at Pinfest. Thanks for letting Krystal and I slam around on Mousin' Around (which played amazingly by the way and now I need one).

#474 2 years ago

Thanks for making the trip Jody! It was nice chatting with you and getting some hands on look at your product.

it is really exciting to see how much you’ve brought to the hobby so quickly!

#475 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

I feel so lucky to have been able to spent time at the Ramp-O-Matic booth at Pinfest. Thanks for letting Krystal and I slam around on Mousin' Around (which played amazingly by the way and now I need one).

Any time! It was great meeting you, and it looks like you fit right in with the crew. You both have some pinball skills, too! I hope we can get the same setup next year...I had a blast!

Quoted from flynnibus:

Thanks for making the trip Jody! It was nice chatting with you and getting some hands on look at your product.
it is really exciting to see how much you’ve brought to the hobby so quickly!

Ha! I had no correlation between who I was talking g to and your pinside handle...thanks for stopping by!

Quoted from gdonovan:

Hey my friend! Stopped by to see you but you had a phone glued to your ear, see you at the next show! Display looked great!

Gary, that was some bad timing...because I hate talking on the phone! Hope to see you next year though

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

It was so great to meet you Jody! I WILL get that Mousin' Around from you some day!!! LOL
Chris

Likewise, Chris! You are first in line for Mousin' if I ever part with her. But pinfest kinda motivated me, so I may redo the cabinet art and make it a really nice one. People really loved playing it.

Quoted from yfz450:

I always knew it was and finally pick one up at the show to add to my Gottlieb sys80 collection. [quoted image][quoted image]

Yet another Pinsider I spoke with that I didn't realize until now, haha. That topper looks pretty mint too, that's a good score. Did you buy the GW playfield in the swap meet? I went back for it Sunday, and it was gone. Aircraft carrier plastic was actually intact!

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Did you buy the GW playfield in the swap meet? I went back for it Sunday, and it was gone. Aircraft carrier plastic was actually intact!

I didn’t see it. My playfield is better than most. Some gold missing on the right side but I’ll fix that. I do have a chip out of the aircraft carrier plastic though.

Thanks for the Excalibur ramp.

J.

#477 2 years ago

Quoted from JodyG:

Gary, that was some bad timing...because I hate talking on the phone! Hope to see you next year

No worries, were going to York for sure and hopefully supporting Saratoga in 2 weeks with some pins if you are attending either event.

#478 2 years ago

Are you able to make ramps for custom games if you're given all the geometry and dimensions first, perchance?

#479 2 years ago

Hey! Spoke to you at Allentown about DE Time Machine Spiral Ramp (unobtainium). LOVE what your doing! Let me know if this is a project your intersted in. Best of luck with "Luke"

-Chad

TMRamp (resized).jpgTMRamp (resized).jpg
#480 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I’ve been meaning to get to it! Out of town for another few weeks and will get pics, I promise!

Pm sent

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from Dorschel:

Hey! Spoke to you at Allentown about DE Time Machine Spiral Ramp (unobtainium). LOVE what your doing! Let me know if this is a project your intersted in. Best of luck with "Luke"
-Chad
[quoted image]

I would buy one of these and I don't even have a Time Machine...............yet.

Chris

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from Dorschel:

-Chad
[quoted image]

Been discussed before unfortunately, due to the complexity of the part and how its molded originally (with an aluminum form) would be very difficult to reproduce.

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Been discussed before unfortunately, due to the complexity of the part and how its molded originally (with an aluminum form) would be very difficult to reproduce.

Jody likes a challenge !

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Jody likes a challenge !

I believe in him!!!!

MEME 4 (resized).jpgMEME 4 (resized).jpg
#485 2 years ago

nice to put a face to the name !
carry on building ramps!

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I spoke to Jody at the show about the complexity of the ramp. He looked it up on his phone with me. He is a machinist by trade and did not seem intimidated by its design. He asked me to reach out to him on pinside so let’s see what he thinks after he has some time to research it.

#487 2 years ago

This one was discussed with Freeplay40 a few years ago but this was before his new heater and was looking at it to put was still thinking on how to. Maybe the two ramp makers and some beers can make this happen.

#488 2 years ago

I have been looking at the Time Machine ramp, and its going to be pretty difficult. I may be able to pull it off at some point, but I need to get a couple other tricky projects under my belt before I screw up someones unobtanium donor ramp on a trial. This may very well need to be an aluminum mold, due to the super thin walls and being a female mold.

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

This one was discussed with Freeplay40 a few years ago but this was before his new heater and was looking at it to put was still thinking on how to. Maybe the two ramp makers and some beers can make this happen.

You guys need to ship Jody cases of beer!
He likes Alagash white and Eienstock white!

#490 2 years ago

Have seen it online many of the data east ramps were done this way. The trick is can it be done another way. Had thought if done as two separate ones. But then the two would either be glued or pined to each other. I myself had idea about doing it in some other material metal or wire frame. Even thought about sheet copper which can be hammer to make the bowl itself but thats not the original look. It was one of those 2am ideas and that was as far as it got.

#491 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

You guys need to ship Jody cases of beer!
He likes Alagash white and Eienstock white!

Both good choices in my opinion!

I owe him!

Chris

#492 2 years ago

I spy a sweet looking Simpsons prototype on that pegboard!!

2 weeks later
#493 2 years ago

Excitement is still building for Twister!...

1 week later
#494 2 years ago

After a much much needed summer break, I am back at it! This week I will have the first batch of Twister ramps ready to ship. Also running some more red TX Sector ramps as well. If you would like to be notified when the Twister ramp is in stock, sign up for a notification on the product page here: https://rampomatic.com/products/sega-twister-main-ramp?_pos=1&_sid=3ff96feba&_ss=r&variant=40656641392823

I will only have 12 of these right away, the next batch will be available in early October.

FYI USPS shipping is currently shut down to Australia. UPS is still shipping there, but their prices are about 1/3 more money in most cases.
I am out of plastic for a couple weeks, so I am going to knock out molds for some new ramps in the meantime.

20210908_182511 (resized).jpg20210908_182511 (resized).jpg
#495 2 years ago

Ijh

Quoted from JodyG:

After a much much needed summer break, I am back at it! This week I will have the first batch of Twister ramps ready to ship. Also running some more red TX Sector ramps as well. If you would like to be notified when the Twister ramp is in stock, sign up for a notification on the product pa

That’s a sweeeeet ramp. Jodi do you think you’ll ever do Secret Service (every single of them are broken). Thank you

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Ijh

That’s a sweeeeet ramp. Jodi do you think you’ll ever do Secret Service (every single of them are broken). Thank you

Time Machine isn't on the agenda at the moment...i've looked into doing the difficult corkscrew, but I am going to hold off on pursuing that until I am good and ready for a frustrating project. haha.

#497 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Time Machine isn't on the agenda at the moment...i've looked into doing the difficult corkscrew, but I am going to hold off on pursuing that until I am good and ready for a frustrating project. haha.

Secret Service

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Secret Service

Brain fart! I do not have plans for that at the moment either, but who knows where 2022 will take me.

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Brain fart! I do not have plans for that at the moment either, but who knows where 2022 will take me.

I have a SS in the back of the garage with an unbroken ramp. Its in the queue for repaint so will be there for some time should you need a sample.

#500 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Time Machine isn't on the agenda at the moment...i've looked into doing the difficult corkscrew, but I am going to hold off on pursuing that until I am good and ready

Lol

There are 895 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread/page/10?hl=nascarrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.