(Topic ID: 107609)

Total Lightshow. Development thread. Including installation guides.

By TimeBandit

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,350 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by dts
  • Topic is favorited by 207 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is there such a thing as "Too many lights"”

• Is there such a thing as too much luvin? 10 votes
    20%
  • Is there such a thing as too much good music? 7 votes
    14%
  • Is there such a thing as too much pinball? 32 votes
    65%

(49 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MetCable (resized).jpg
ACDCCable (resized).jpg
MetProGIMapJPG (resized).jpg
MetProGIDrop (resized).jpg
ACDC_GI_Socket_MapJPG (resized).jpg
IMG_2885 (resized).jpg
IMG20170302223828 (resized).jpg
GIConnect1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2745 (resized).jpg
GIInterceptor (resized).jpg
image3 (2) (resized).jpg
AE0B5AB3-8ABE-4CE3-A789-CC2854FAFE70 (resized).jpeg
EC8F8711-22ED-4B92-B82E-A46257BFF32B (resized).jpeg
slim_chance.jpg
tf (resized).jpg
14F94F69-472A-457C-98FE-C888E060DE83 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1944 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Also can’t tell if the assembly comes wired or not. Guess I’ll buy one and check it out. If I need to knock up a cable harness I will.

After I sent you the info, I put an order in with Marco. I should have it later this week and will post more details.

2 weeks later
#1965 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Heads up for Met Pro owners looking to add the rising cross mech. Marco just started stocking a more reasonably priced ($150) assembly. The original full assembly is $250. Looks like it comes as a collection of the parts and is unassembled. There is no photo on the Marco store, but the part number checks out against the manual..
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-7471-00

Received this kit and it is not quite as complete as I would have hoped. There are quite a few pieces not included to make this work and those don't look to be sold separately. My plan is to 3D print the missing parts.

The Kit:
20180629_155903 (resized).jpg20180629_155903 (resized).jpg

For fun, mine came missing one of the nylon guide blocks. Marco shipped me a replacement. Also it isn't clear to me why there are 4 diodes

What's missing; Parts 3,4,5 from the first diagram, 1,3 from the second and 4,5,6 from the third.

grave_assembly_1 (resized).JPGgrave_assembly_1 (resized).JPG
grave_assembly_2 (resized).JPGgrave_assembly_2 (resized).JPG
grave_assembly_3 (resized).JPGgrave_assembly_3 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#2209 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I’ll setup for someone to post the Jim Carey “there’s a chance” meme....
My kit can send a spinner sound trigger no problem. “All” it would take would be a third party sound driver, triggered by my board, that has an appropriate sound stored in it, that you could play back through the machine’s speakers. Hell, you could even play it externally to the machine if you wanted.

Can you step one level lower in abstraction to describe how this had been working through the SAM UART? Did the previously working serial connection simply take a command to play particular sound script?

#2214 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yep, simply sent a command to use the menu option "play sound" or whatever it was.

And the issue is the newest update has disabled the UART? If we are lucky it is a simple config register setting that they turned off. With a little disassembly and detective work, it should be possible to build a rom patch to reenable it. If you want to talk shop and see if it's doable, shoot me a note. I have your sound board just wasting away in a drawer.

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ya. How many do I have wasting away in a drawer. Lolol. So sad it’s funny nowadays.
Generally I’d like to investigate it further but it’s beyond my pay grade. C++ is where I max out, lol. Any disassembly I do has to involve a screwdriver.
I did try attacking it with Olivier aka pinball browser, but even he, the king of ROM patches hit a wall.
I honestly think the path of a general extender unit that takes my triggers and does a whole bunch of other stuff is a better use of anyone’s resources.

Sadly I am better from the bottom up (somehow this phrasing doesn't sound right...haha) so I tap out with OOP constructs and run back to my load/store/shift safety blanket . I'll give Oliver a ping and see what info he has. You are probably right about building an extender being a better use of time. But losing the serial connection bugs me enough to see if there is a way to get it back.

BTW, glad to see you back at it.

1 week later
#2223 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

There’s going to be a delay getting the next TLS kits out for Tron and Met.
Over the past few months I’ve been having some issues with the main boards that have been very surprising and very hard to track down.
Turns out that there is a number of bad Atmel MCUs in the batch. The failure rate I’m seeing on these is outrageous, and having been working with my serious engineer buddies I have heard that in the last year they have seen similar problem batches in other Atmel chips.
This means I have to get the main chip replaced on every outstanding board. Don’t know the turnaround yet but I will keep you posted.

Dang that sucks. Could this explain the weird behavior I had with my TLS causing memory corruption on my Met? Would you mind sharing the gory technical details on the nature of the problems you are seeing?

9 months later
#2300 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

yes I was wondering about that (functionality now). I tried to send an email to redshift to what was written on my receipt but it was returned. I may have to sift through the posts here to figure out the status of the board and see if I can find some installation tips, if I choose to install. Originally there was supposed to be support for the rising cross but I believe that never materialized as well. I had considered that mod (rising cross) but did not want to spend the money for the mechanism...it felt a little pricy for the parts.

I also attempted to add the rising cross mech to my MetPro w/TLS. Ultimately I decided to design my own rising cross solution that doesn't use TLS or the pricey Stern Prem parts. It's close to being done, but has been dragging in progress. Follow along here; https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-pro-rising-cross-mod.

I feel less weird about mentioning it here now since the TLS solution has been abandoned and it looks like TimeBandit is no longer on Pinside.

6 months later
#2336 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hi Guys. Sorry about the door slam. Total Lightshow is dead. I have 100 dead boards and no one can tell me what’s up.
Yes I was very frustrated. Five years of my life into what I thought was one of the coolest mods ever, only to have some mystery gremlin take me out. Not how I thought it would end.
I turned my back on the hobby just to get over it. I’m over it now. I’m doing a high end restore of my Tommy finally, and putting in my Ron kruzman NOS playfield.
Thanks for everyone’s support for the Tron and Metallica kits. It was fun while it lasted. And thanks for saying nice things about me. I feel bad now that I just bailed out.

Thanks for posting the install stuff for posterity.

I sent you a PM to see if there was a way to potentially pick up where you left off, or take a crack at root causing your technical road block.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, SC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
6,775 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Zurich, IL
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo?tu=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.