(Topic ID: 107609)

Total Lightshow. Development thread. Including installation guides.

By TimeBandit

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,350 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by dts
  • Topic is favorited by 207 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is there such a thing as "Too many lights"”

• Is there such a thing as too much luvin? 10 votes
    20%
  • Is there such a thing as too much good music? 8 votes
    16%
  • Is there such a thing as too much pinball? 32 votes
    64%

(50 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MetCable (resized).jpg
ACDCCable (resized).jpg
MetProGIMapJPG (resized).jpg
MetProGIDrop (resized).jpg
ACDC_GI_Socket_MapJPG (resized).jpg
IMG_2885 (resized).jpg
IMG20170302223828 (resized).jpg
GIConnect1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2745 (resized).jpg
GIInterceptor (resized).jpg
image3 (2) (resized).jpg
AE0B5AB3-8ABE-4CE3-A789-CC2854FAFE70 (resized).jpeg
EC8F8711-22ED-4B92-B82E-A46257BFF32B (resized).jpeg
slim_chance.jpg
tf (resized).jpg
14F94F69-472A-457C-98FE-C888E060DE83 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GoldenBear.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1003 7 years ago

I just ordered my board for my MET pro. I am excited.

Trying to decide whether to do the rising cross modification. Has anybody done that and do you just purchase the piece from Marco and it is a simple install. No cutting necessary.

Anybody have any feedback on that?

Thanks

#1023 7 years ago

Since I have not yet installed my Metallica total light show and I did not want to rain on this other guys post, I thought maybe people on this thread could give me an opinion on whether the recent LED insert mod for sale might enhance a Metallica pro with the light show installed? ..see below for link

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/34695

I am doing a big overhaul of my Metallica and am excited to install the light show mod.

Thanks

2 months later
#1116 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Thanks Gweem.
Spotlight connectors have the spotlights plugged into them, and NOT the factory GI supply plugged into the Lightshow cable. On some occasions, some folks have separated the spotlights from the original connection then plugged the wrong half of that separated pair into the red connectors on the new white string.

Yeah that was me. Original install was fine but when I disconnected my spotlights to remove my fluorescent slingshot protectors, I reached under the play field and not paying attention I plugged my new GI LED string into the power cable originally to the spotlights. I ended up frying two boards by the time I figured it out To avoid this one might want to put tape over the original connectors leading to the spotlights

Nonetheless what did come out of my mistake was the understanding that Mike is a really cool guy and totally supports you even when you bumble things up. Thanks Mike!!

#1137 7 years ago

I can't wait until more people do Wi-Fi updates for Pinball applications. It would make my life so much easier

4 years later
#2290 3 years ago

I ordered the spinner sound caller add on kit 4 years ago for Metallica pin and just now opened the box. No instructions in box and redshift account has been deactivated. Anyone have a copy of the instructions they could forward to me? Thanks in advance

#2292 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Don’t have what you want but if memory serves me right the last firmware update for the MET killed that functionality

yes I was wondering about that (functionality now). I tried to send an email to redshift to what was written on my receipt but it was returned. I may have to sift through the posts here to figure out the status of the board and see if I can find some installation tips, if I choose to install. Originally there was supposed to be support for the rising cross but I believe that never materialized as well. I had considered that mod (rising cross) but did not want to spend the money for the mechanism...it felt a little pricy for the parts.

#2301 3 years ago

Jeff...thanks. I was trying to find that...awesome

Rob...I will totally follow along

Met pro has been awesome and with Total light show and other small add-ons...particularly upgraded speakers, is an awesome pin. Fast, challenging but completely can accomplish goals. Add the music and is one of my favorites and I have had a number of pins. Probably my favorite Stern

Does any one know if the board is still worth the install if code upgraded?

#2302 3 years ago

Ashamedly I guess I added more mods than I remembered. Powder coated legs and lockdown bar, led speaker lights, mirror blades, (can’t remember the name but some lightning lights, ride the lightning), etc. I think someday I want to paint my sparky and maybe add topper

AE0B5AB3-8ABE-4CE3-A789-CC2854FAFE70 (resized).jpegAE0B5AB3-8ABE-4CE3-A789-CC2854FAFE70 (resized).jpegEC8F8711-22ED-4B92-B82E-A46257BFF32B (resized).jpegEC8F8711-22ED-4B92-B82E-A46257BFF32B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GoldenBear.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo?tu=GoldenBear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.