(Topic ID: 107609)

Total Lightshow. Development thread. Including installation guides.

By TimeBandit

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,350 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by dts
  • Topic is favorited by 207 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is there such a thing as "Too many lights"”

• Is there such a thing as too much luvin? 10 votes
    20%
  • Is there such a thing as too much good music? 8 votes
    16%
  • Is there such a thing as too much pinball? 32 votes
    64%

(50 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MetCable (resized).jpg
ACDCCable (resized).jpg
MetProGIMapJPG (resized).jpg
MetProGIDrop (resized).jpg
ACDC_GI_Socket_MapJPG (resized).jpg
IMG_2885 (resized).jpg
IMG20170302223828 (resized).jpg
GIConnect1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2745 (resized).jpg
GIInterceptor (resized).jpg
image3 (2) (resized).jpg
AE0B5AB3-8ABE-4CE3-A789-CC2854FAFE70 (resized).jpeg
EC8F8711-22ED-4B92-B82E-A46257BFF32B (resized).jpeg
slim_chance.jpg
tf (resized).jpg
14F94F69-472A-457C-98FE-C888E060DE83 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,350 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 47.
#2101 5 years ago

Best of luck, Mike!

#2102 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

So, my store is still closed and I'm getting more direct enquiries regarding when I will be open again.
Here is the whole story. If you care.
redshiftLED is about to be reborn.
I have been working on a hardware/software product for a corporate client that, if successfully completed will fund my pinball business many, many times over. The product has emerged from my pinball work but has nothing to do with pinball. Everything has been engineered and demo'd, and now in final field testing stage.
What are the chances of it coming off? Well, I'm not counting any chickens yet, but I have already sold one piece of software to them for which they have fully paid and taken delivery. So, I guess I'm a software developer now, haha! We have a relationship, they have bought already, and they want what I've built.. So I guess you might call that about a 10-15% chance of happening?
I'm leaving the store closed until this is done, but when it reopens all will be bigger and better.
Cross fingers for me.

That's awesome. Super happy for your success. Your attention to detail is what makes people want what you make!

#2103 5 years ago

That’s awesome man! I hope this works out well for you and when the time is right for you to re-open the store my credit card and I will be waiting for when you get the time to do TWD!

1 month later
#2104 5 years ago

Will the Tron ramp lighting kit be available again?

1 month later
#2105 4 years ago

Well figured I’d check back in this thread. It’s been like almost 6 months since your store closed & you took a break from pinball? Is that right? Hard to believe. I’ve pretty much given up all hope of that Ironman kit ever getting completed. Almost 2 years now. What a shame, it had so much potential. An update would be nice, but sounds like you’ve moved onto other things.

1 week later
#2106 4 years ago

Hey guys. I'm slowly reopening things. At the moment I am only stocking Metallica TLS kits and Stern SAM knocker hook up kits. I am only selling through the Pinside shop for now and my website store will be out for another few weeks.
I am working on getting a bunch of Tron TLS kits ready. When they are ready and in stock I will reopen the web store.
Alien products will roll out over the months following.

Development of previous projects will pick up steam again in the second half of the year.

Mike

#2107 4 years ago

Still hoping the full RGB GI stuff comes to fruition some day. Hope all went well with whatever that production gig you got was.

[Edit: Removed a thing. I forgot that the corporate gig wasn't pinball related, nevermind ]

#2108 4 years ago

I've been looking for a Stern Sam knocker kit. I'm not fond of the screech. I'm glad to see you have these in stock.

#2109 4 years ago

Glad to see the store open again, Mike!

Is getting the spinners sounds on MET working again still in the cards?

#2110 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Oh boy do I miss this! Seems so empty without it.

#2111 4 years ago

Take my money for tron!

#2112 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Glad to see the store open again, Mike!

Yes it is. It is a long shot, but I think I can get the sounds going independently. I am experimenting with an amp playing my sounds through the speakers. It’s not in official development as I don’t want to get peoples’ hopes up, but I’m very keen to get this working.

#2113 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Still hoping the full RGB GI stuff comes to fruition some day.

It is my life’s mission to unveil a full RGB, controlled-insert Iron Man.

#2114 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

How about full RGB for TWD, is that still a possibility?

#2115 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I don’t care so much about rgb inserts on iron man; a lot of them are colored anyway, and there aren’t really any multi use arrows really. But the full color GI would be fun.

#2116 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I'm so happy to hear this Patiently waiting to purchase whenever it's ready

#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I don’t care so much about rgb inserts on iron man; a lot of them are colored anyway, and there aren’t really any multi use arrows really. But the full color GI would be fun.

It’s not about colour on the inserts, it’s about control. I can hijack the control of the matrix and have the inserts sync with the GI for playfield sweeps, explosions, rotations etc.

#2118 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Each time I get a for sale notification I hold my breath to see if you’re listing an Ironman and stopping any further dev.

#2119 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Each time I get a for sale notification I hold my breath to see if you’re listing an Ironman and stopping any further dev.

Each time I go to sell a pinball machine I walk straight past the Iron Man. Fear not.

It's actually the ONLY machine in the house that is currently in development status. Met, Tron, ACDC, even Alien are product support/maintenance machines nowadays.

3 weeks later
#2120 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Received this kit and it is not quite as complete as I would have hoped. There are quite a few pieces not included to make this work and those don't look to be sold separately. My plan is to 3D print the missing parts.
The Kit:
[quoted image]
For fun, mine came missing one of the nylon guide blocks. Marco shipped me a replacement. Also it isn't clear to me why there are 4 diodes
What's missing; Parts 3,4,5 from the first diagram, 1,3 from the second and 4,5,6 from the third.

Been awhile but I purchased this rising cross kit off RobF and have finally finished making all the missing pieces. I started by machining up the cam that pushes the switches.

I then machined up the pin with the circlip groove for the sliding piece out of stainless steel, I also made the angle slides with the intention of welding to the existing pro cross assembly. After getting all the pieces together I found out the pro assembly is just plated steel. So I figured I would just make a whole new slide assembly from Stainless steel. I used stainless angle sections which I TIG welded down the middle as I would not have the room to fold back on itself as the originals are made in a press.

Then a connecting arm and all finished.

Just need to find out from Mike the best way to connect to the Total Lightshow and it will be good to go!

02BEE389-FCAF-4021-B6F3-8BEF9BBD8CF7 (resized).jpeg02BEE389-FCAF-4021-B6F3-8BEF9BBD8CF7 (resized).jpeg222819DE-74FF-4559-BD42-BEF0DB9BEE49 (resized).jpeg222819DE-74FF-4559-BD42-BEF0DB9BEE49 (resized).jpegC0D3CF9C-BC50-40D9-AE28-412D9ED468B2 (resized).jpegC0D3CF9C-BC50-40D9-AE28-412D9ED468B2 (resized).jpeg67E0BADA-BD5B-4B33-BF0D-DB4C69FB42BA (resized).jpeg67E0BADA-BD5B-4B33-BF0D-DB4C69FB42BA (resized).jpegD55EB787-269B-4620-AA7C-0983EF0B84FD (resized).jpegD55EB787-269B-4620-AA7C-0983EF0B84FD (resized).jpeg1ACEDFA5-DDF6-486F-AF37-92A3791AABEF (resized).jpeg1ACEDFA5-DDF6-486F-AF37-92A3791AABEF (resized).jpegFF4E277A-E8BA-40E9-BA88-28324BD4C1DF (resized).jpegFF4E277A-E8BA-40E9-BA88-28324BD4C1DF (resized).jpegE8912B13-1DAC-4978-A73F-764EBEE35317 (resized).jpegE8912B13-1DAC-4978-A73F-764EBEE35317 (resized).jpeg
#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Been awhile but I purchased this rising cross kit off RobF and have finally finished making all the missing pieces. I started by machining up the cam that pushes the switches.
I then machined up the pin with the circlip groove for the sliding piece out of stainless steel, I also made the angle slides with the intention of welding to the existing pro cross assembly. After getting all the pieces together I found out the pro assembly is just plated steel. So I figured I would just make a whole new slide assembly from Stainless steel. I used stainless angle sections which I TIG welded down the middle as I would not have the room to fold back on itself as the originals are made in a press.
Just need to find out from Mike the best way to connect to the Total Lightshow and it will be good to go![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing job!
I have been so deep offline I missed this. I will get info to you.

#2122 4 years ago

Tron kits are on the way.
I’ve been assembling parts over the last week.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Amazing job!
I have been so deep offline I missed this. I will get info to you.

All good mate, didn’t want to annoy you too much but keen as to get it up and running!!

1 week later
#2124 4 years ago

I sent you a PM. Please put me down for a Tron light kit as well if you will have enough. Any updates on when they might be ready?

#2125 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I sent you a PM. Please put me down for a Tron light kit as well if you will have enough. Any updates on when they might be ready?

They will be put into stock in the store over the weekend. I am just cutting optic fibre to length today and that is the last step in the current batch, other than boxing up.

1 week later
#2127 4 years ago

So weird. This last batch of Tron kits has sold at a faster clip than any previous stock. I’m surprised at the amount of nude pros out there.

One left. I will do more, but not straight away.

Interestingly, one order was someone upgrading their pinbits kit.

#2128 4 years ago

Deleted

#2129 4 years ago

Deleted

#2131 4 years ago

Deleted

#2132 4 years ago

Ok I can now get to the RGB Test after reflashing the board a second time.

Green works.

Red lights up red and blue.

Blue lights up Red and blue.

What am I overlooking?

IMG_5023 (resized).jpegIMG_5023 (resized).jpegIMG_5024 (resized).jpegIMG_5024 (resized).jpegIMG_5025 (resized).jpegIMG_5025 (resized).jpeg
#2133 4 years ago

I fixed it. Had to pull the LED board connectors that came pre-plugged in and monkeyed with them until I got it working.

1 week later
#2134 4 years ago

I got my TLS kit installed in my TRON tonight. What a kit! It's expensive, but worth every penny. I will be streaming it on my twitch next Wednesday at twitch.tv/owlnonymous. Thanks crwjumper for helping immensely with the install and overall total shop out.

Quick video: https://clips.twitch.tv/JazzyAggressiveMacaroniTebowing

image0 (resized).jpgimage0 (resized).jpgimage1 (resized).jpgimage1 (resized).jpg
#2135 4 years ago

Timebandit does some amazing work. That Tron kit looks outstanding! Still holding my breath for the Ironman kit to be completed. Some of us have not forgotten

#2136 4 years ago

Looks like you spelled walking dead wrong

#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Just need to find out from Mike the best way to connect to the Total Lightshow and it will be good to go![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Finally got the rising cross mod working on my Pro!
Huge shout out to Rick (PoMC) for some detailed photos of the wiring. Helped me out a lot. Thanks very much mate.
I printed a small master of puppets image from the LE cabinet art to go behind and stop the annoying blinding flashers.

1 month later
#2138 4 years ago

Status bump

#2139 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Status bump

ok..
Production.. Another batch of Tron kits getting made up in the next couple of weeks. Surprising how quickly that last batch went, and more folks asking now,
Alien sling spots are in stock
Alien passive sensors will be in stock soon. These should also be available for homebrew projects.

Development.. Iron Man is realistically the only thing I'm going to get to anytime soon, but I don't know when.

The corporate project that has all my attention is still my highest priority, and is going well. Advanced field trials are about to begin, and I reiterate, if this comes off then the pinball biz will be reborn bigger and better than ever. But these things take way more time and effort than is ever allowed for at the outset, even when you KNOW that is going to happen.

#2140 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The corporate project that has all my attention is still my highest priority, and is going well.

Good luck!

And I have to say, just from seeing your Metallica kit I have no doubt you'll nail it!

#2141 4 years ago

Thanks for the Iron Man update

#2142 4 years ago

Really awesome work and I am hoping that the corporate project works out well. Are there plans for a batch of Alien GI LEDs in the future? My Alien Pinball is close to being upgraded. I have a prototype machine and the 5SMD tower GI bulbs need to be replaced.

Thanks for any info and good luck on the big project!

1 month later
#2143 4 years ago

I can’t quite believe how many Trons out there still don’t have ramp light mods. When I first made the TLS Tron kit it was just an after thought after Metallica, as I thought EVERBODY had put in Eli’s great kit. I’m getting more enquires than ever these days.
I really am exceedingly busy with other stuff at the moment, but am desperate to get another batch out. I am going to try really hard to get started this weekend.
So hang in there and look for an update next week sometime.

#2144 4 years ago

How about getting some knocker hook up kits ready please?

#2145 4 years ago

That's great your starting work on more kits. Can you reserve one for me.

Keep up the good work

Kenny

#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

ok..
Production.. Another batch of Tron kits getting made up in the next couple of weeks. Surprising how quickly that last batch went, and more folks asking now,
Alien sling spots are in stock
Alien passive sensors will be in stock soon. These should also be available for homebrew projects.
Development.. Iron Man is realistically the only thing I'm going to get to anytime soon, but I don't know when.
The corporate project that has all my attention is still my highest priority, and is going well. Advanced field trials are about to begin, and I reiterate, if this comes off then the pinball biz will be reborn bigger and better than ever. But these things take way more time and effort than is ever allowed for at the outset, even when you KNOW that is going to happen.

Are the alien slings sold out again? Any more coming?

#2147 4 years ago

Mike /@TimeBandit, are you able to reply to my PM - please?

#2148 4 years ago

Been after the Alien sling light upgrade for a long time... looks like we missed the boat again. At least 2 sets for our area here are wanted. Cheers!

1 month later
#2149 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I can’t quite believe how many Trons out there still don’t have ramp light mods. When I first made the TLS Tron kit it was just an after thought after Metallica, as I thought EVERBODY had put in Eli’s great kit. I’m getting more enquires than ever these days.
I really am exceedingly busy with other stuff at the moment, but am desperate to get another batch out. I am going to try really hard to get started this weekend.
So hang in there and look for an update next week sometime.

Hi!

Any updates on this?

#2150 4 years ago

Too funny ... I was thinking about the Metallica total light show today. Any chances of another run?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,350 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo/page/43?hl=flynnsbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.