(Topic ID: 107609)

Total Lightshow. Development thread. Including installation guides.

By TimeBandit

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,350 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by dts
  • Topic is favorited by 207 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is there such a thing as "Too many lights"”

• Is there such a thing as too much luvin? 10 votes
    20%
  • Is there such a thing as too much good music? 7 votes
    14%
  • Is there such a thing as too much pinball? 32 votes
    65%

(49 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MetCable (resized).jpg
ACDCCable (resized).jpg
MetProGIMapJPG (resized).jpg
MetProGIDrop (resized).jpg
ACDC_GI_Socket_MapJPG (resized).jpg
IMG_2885 (resized).jpg
IMG20170302223828 (resized).jpg
GIConnect1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2745 (resized).jpg
GIInterceptor (resized).jpg
image3 (2) (resized).jpg
AE0B5AB3-8ABE-4CE3-A789-CC2854FAFE70 (resized).jpeg
EC8F8711-22ED-4B92-B82E-A46257BFF32B (resized).jpeg
slim_chance.jpg
tf (resized).jpg
14F94F69-472A-457C-98FE-C888E060DE83 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,350 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 47.
#1151 7 years ago

Still on the edge of my seat waiting for Spiderman updates

#1152 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Still on the edge of my seat waiting for Spiderman updates

Me too! I got a message Friday saying my new stuff is ready to ship from my board guy. They seem to be slowing up a bit. They used to turn me around in 10-14 days, now it's like a month!

#1153 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Um, pretty embarrassing stuff-up on that test mode version. I left the cycling switch on at the left inlane during gameplay. D'oh. Fixed now. If you have downloaded the code before the time of this post, please go grab it again. I have not changed the version number.
Sorry.

Reposting this as of now. I hadn't published the updated site, so the old version was still there. Definitely good now.

2 weeks later
#1154 7 years ago

Finally have my proto RGB playfield bulbs back from manufacturer. What a saga. Anyway, lightpipes are dead. Check out the pickup in brightness with the new design. There are two videos below. One is an earlier test video with lightpipes installed. The other is a new video from today with the new bulb units installed throughout. The camera is messing up the balancing a little and overexposing some of the plastics making them look a little flarey (if that's even a word). In reality they are as consistently lit across the face as a normal factory bulb effect. Main point is the playfield illumination. This is now at factory levels and I am going to move ahead with a production schedule to get SM finished.

New bulbs..

Old version with lightpipes for comparison..

More realistic shot of what the plastics look like..

IMG_20160820_215853_(resized).jpgIMG_20160820_215853_(resized).jpg

#1155 7 years ago

awesome, men i need a set so badly

1 week later
#1158 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Secret lab video
» YouTube video

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1159 7 years ago

My Xmen just went from hanging out till Tron VE to staying for the long haul lol. I want an EL ramp game and this makes sense.

Timebandit, I assume you are going to make it fit with modes differently?

#1160 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

and this makes sense.

It does indeed. Loopy plastic ramps..AND one that moves.

Quoted from BOBCADE:

I assume you are going to make it fit with modes differently?

Of course.

#1161 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

It does indeed. Loopy plastic ramps..AND one that moves.

I've got a pro so no moving. Are you planning kits including the lights?

#1162 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I've got a pro so no moving. Are you planning kits including the lights?

Might skip the GI on this one. Maybe ramps only and cheaper. Pro and LE.

#1163 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Might skip the GI on this one. Maybe ramps only and cheaper. Pro and LE.

In on either just ramps or ramps with GI. Does the LE have color changing gi?

#1164 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Does the LE have color changing gi?

LE has what Met has. Red, blue and white controlled strings. The light show is rudimentary compared to Met. More like AC/DC.

#1165 7 years ago

Good things come to those who wait and honestly I don't mind that star trek is on the backlog as it is awesome seeing games such as spiderman, met and acdc pros get the treatment they deserve.
Keep up the good work

#1166 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I don't mind that star trek is on the backlog

Funny you should say that. I think these will work well on ST. And that will get GI too. Could end up being the biggest bang yet.

#1167 7 years ago

Can't wait for Trek myself.

#1168 7 years ago

I'm late to the party on this. I see the AC/DC kits are sold out. Was this a 1 time deal like so many other mods, or is this a temporary depletion of stock?

#1169 7 years ago
Quoted from Starwriter:

I'm late to the party on this. I see the AC/DC kits are sold out. Was this a 1 time deal like so many other mods, or is this a temporary depletion of stock?

I am updating the code for AC/DC and don't want any to go out with the old code. They will be back.

#1170 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I am updating the code for AC/DC and don't want any to go out with the old code. They will be back.

Cool! I've got money ready the minute they're available. Thanks sooooooo much.

#1171 7 years ago

Not a bad morning's work. X-Men is going to be more interesting than I thought. I've bypassed the GI colour string relays (which they stopped using on later machines with colour GI) and have full control over the separate factory colours, without putting new bulbs in.
Apologies for crappier than usual video. Did this one straight from my phone.

#1172 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Not a bad morning's work. X-Men is going to be more interesting than I thought. I've bypassed the GI colour string relays (which they stopped using on later machines with colour GI) and have full control over the separate factory colours, without putting new bulbs in.
Apologies for crappier than usual video. Did this one straight from my phone.
» YouTube video

Looks awesome! Any ideas on what this will mean for those of us with pros? I would still be interested even with just the ramp lights!

#1173 7 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

Looks awesome! Any ideas on what this will mean for those of us with pros? I would still be interested even with just the ramp lights!

Pro could have the whole lot, too. Would just mean getting the bulb kit like the current Metallica one. I think that the cost of a full blown pro kit, with GI bulbs and ramp lights will still be less than the Tron ramp kit.

#1174 7 years ago

Going to have to design a light show from the ground up. Could be fun. Requests?

#1175 7 years ago

Ooo ooo any chance the xmen GI relays are the same that stern uses in transformers? If so does that mean the possibility of stopping the pulsing of the GI when optimis ramp is up??

Super annoying

#1176 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ooo ooo any chance the xmen GI relays are the same that stern uses in transformers? If so does that mean the possibility of stopping the pulsing of the GI when optimis ramp is up??
Super annoying

Depends. There is still the one on the driver board that overrides everything in unison. If that's doing the pulsing then you will still get the backboard flashing (and the clicking), but maybe that's tolerable. I'll have a look at the manual.

#1177 7 years ago

Flipper mech access for inlanes is here..

IMG20160907090822 (resized).jpgIMG20160907090822 (resized).jpg
IMG20160907090724 (resized).jpgIMG20160907090724 (resized).jpg
IMG20160907093915 (resized).jpgIMG20160907093915 (resized).jpg
IMG20160907100122 (resized).jpgIMG20160907100122 (resized).jpg
IMG20160907101449 (resized).jpgIMG20160907101449 (resized).jpg
IMG20160907101457 (resized).jpgIMG20160907101457 (resized).jpg

IMG20160907103323 (resized).jpgIMG20160907103323 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1178 7 years ago

just now checking this thread after a cpl mos off.

I sold my Xmen to fund BM66. I'm glad i didn't keep up with this thread (inexplicably) because it would have been even harder to list Xmen for sale.

I sure hope BM66 is worth it. I think it will be- but now it'll be that much more painful if it isn't knowing that bandit is transforming xmen.

i still get constant oohs and ahhs when i show newbs metallica lights

#1179 7 years ago

Thanks for the bump KG!! X-Men is Borg's follow up to Tron and as such needs the ramp lights in homage! Very interested in what I can do with the factory GI control too on the LE.
Next TL accessory to be released is the sound caller to hook up so that Met add on spinners will play sound without having to clip onto another switch. The final prototype/production sample is being fabricated right now. There's a verrry interesting machine gun sound call in there that I'm looking forward to playing with.

4 weeks later
#1180 7 years ago

Any news when spiderman will be done ?

#1181 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Any news when spiderman will be done ?

I wish this was moving faster. I am trying to design the bulbs to be cheaper. Because there are 25 or so in a kit, the cost multiplies very quickly, and things like custom made mounting tabs can run at like 1.50 each and it gets ridiculously expensive. Not an insurmountable problem, but just an example of the annoying things that get thrown up as a road block. I wish it was all just about code and fancy lighting design, but mechanics is a big factor.

#1182 7 years ago

Couple things. Holy shit you've done a lot of updating awesome! I need to get my order on!

Two, what is this Metallica pro cross mech mod? I get what it does but I have not seen it.... I've been starring at mine thinking it would be neat

#1183 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Couple things. Holy shit you've done a lot of updating awesome! I need to get my order on!
Two, what is this Metallica pro cross mech mod? I get what it does but I have not seen it.... I've been starring at mine thinking it would be neat

There is nowhere yet to see it. I haven't quite got it finished, but it will replicate the moving cross of the premium. I can already drive the cross in sync with the code, but need to build a much cheaper version of the original part. I have tested my motor, drive train and switching. I just have to finalise the fabrication of the frame.

#1184 7 years ago

Alright, I'll try and practice my patience

#1185 7 years ago

Subscribe to the timebandit youtube channel for little glimpses into his mad scientist laboratory

#1188 7 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Subscribe to the timebandit youtube channel for little glimpses into his mad scientist laboratory
» YouTube video

Get inside my game!!

#1189 7 years ago

Say hi to Tiny Rick! The Matrix Interceptor-to-RS232 translator that will be primarily for calling the sound bites for the Met Pro spinners. Tiny Rick, yeah! Now to make it work.

images (5) (resized).jpgimages (5) (resized).jpg
SAVE_1 (resized).jpgSAVE_1 (resized).jpg

#1190 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Say hi to Tiny Rick! The Matrix Interceptor-to-RS232 translator that will be primarily for calling the sound bites for the Met Pro spinners. Tiny Rick, yeah! Now to make it work.

...why do I feel like you're stepping onto the bus to "crazy-town" with this thing??

But boy, do I want to get on!!

Love it!

#1191 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

How the devil did you EVER come up with a name like that. I thought the doctor took you off those pills.

#1192 7 years ago

Woo! Tiny Rick!

#1193 7 years ago

Soooo tiny but oh so clever and deceptive......we want you tiny Rick!!

#1194 7 years ago

Looks great.

However, 1 note, for people like me using Smartdmd with sidechannel already the RS232 port is in use. This means tiny rick no option for these people?

#1195 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Sign me up coach!

#1196 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Looks great.
However, 1 note, for people like me using Smartdmd with sidechannel already the RS232 port is in use. This means tiny rick no option for these people?

Rens, if you put another mod on your Met, you are going to blow it up.

#1197 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Rens, if you put another mod on your Met, you are going to blow it up.

Already have the Hooked spinner, ofcourse, so technically it's not an extra mod

#1198 7 years ago

Fibre optic mounting, no drilling..

#1199 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Fibre optic mounting, no drilling..

Oh I like that A LOT. So when can I buy that set-up for my ST Pro.

#1200 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh I like that A LOT. So when can I buy that set-up for my ST Pro.

Straight after Tron is finished. Program is Tron - ST - X-Men.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.50
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,350 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo/page/24?hl=starwriter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.