Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kbliznick
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
    image.jpeg
    #1 9 years ago

Need help identifying a few ramps
    What are these from? anyone recognize them? or need them?

Thanks

photo.JPGphoto.JPG
    image.jpegimage.jpeg

#2 9 years ago

I am drawing a complete question mark on the second one.

#3 9 years ago

Your funny!

Top looks like Iron man or Austin powers but it lacks the 2 flasher moldings?
    What other game used that same ramp.... minus the flasher moldings.

I'm still stumped on the bottom one.

#4 9 years ago

bump it up
    someone must be able to help here...

#5 9 years ago

I looked at every pinball retailer.....
    Anyone recognize these?

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from gatordad:

I looked at every pinball retailer.....

Now look here - http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl

LTG : )™

#7 9 years ago

bottom one is maybe Hollywood Heat.

...Just checked and that's a negative. Neither of them are system 80 b games

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from gatordad:

Top looks like Iron Man or Austin Powers but it lacks the 2 flasher moldings?
    What other game used that same ramp.... minus the flasher moldings.

I believe Iron Man Classic. Didn't they strip the flashers from that game?

For the second one, I don't have the game here to look at, but it sure looks like the ramp that goes around Homer's head on TSPP. Although it's the wrong color, and also missing a flasher mounting spot, I believe.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I believe Iron Man Classic. Didn't they strip the flashers from that game?
    For the second one, I don't have the game here to look at, but it sure looks like the ramp that goes around Homer's head on TSPP. Although it's the wrong color, and also missing a flasher mounting spot, I believe.

Totally think you're correct on the second ramp. The "missing" flasher mounting spot is actually a separate clear plastic that's screwed into the ramp itself. Nice call!

#10 9 years ago

Stern has a history of recycling previous developed ramps into new games...

I look at my TSPP later today,

Could these be prototype ramps?
    I also have a translucent greenish version of the ? shaped ramp as well

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from gatordad:

Stern has a history of recycling previous developed ramps into new games...

Not really. You have Austin Powers and Iron Man, which was an admitted cost cutting measure at the time, Borg has talked about it in places. Beyond that, unless you think of like Space Jam / NBA or Family Guy / Shrek, which I would argue really don't count, I can't think of any others where they reused the same ramps. Can you? I could be totally wrong here.

Quoted from gatordad:

Could these be prototype ramps?

That is my thought. The ? ramp reminds me of TSPP because the cut out section seems to be about where Homer's head fits in that game, and I believe that ramp had the same sort of cut out. I can't find a decent pic online, and I don't own a TSPP to look at.

Nifty, no matter what.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Not really. You have Austin Powers and Iron Man, which was an admitted cost cutting measure at the time, Borg has talked about it in places. Beyond that, unless you think of like Space Jam / NBA or Family Guy / Shrek, which I would argue really don't count, I can't think of any others where they reused the same ramps. Can you? I could be totally wrong here..

Monday Night Football and Hook supposedly use the same upper right ramp.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-identification-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.