New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 160470)

Ramp entrance just a hair off the playfield

By ibjames

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ibjames
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#1 4 years ago

I have sttng, the delta quadrant ramp has a side of the entrace that is just a tiny bit off of the playfield, does anyone know how to fix that? Do you bend it? If so.. how do you do that without making it worse?

#2 4 years ago

If I'm not mistaken, there are supposed to be small ramp screws just under the part where the plastic meets the metal of the ramp flap. These screw into the playfield to hold everything down. If you're missing them, I believe pinball life sells them.

#3 4 years ago

the screws are in the ramp, but they aren't pushing it down enough, I'll see if I can tighten them more

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

the screws are in the ramp, but they aren't pushing it down enough, I'll see if I can tighten them more

It sounds like a screw hole may be stripped. If that is the case you will need to repair the stripped screw hole so that the screw will bite into the wood.

#5 4 years ago

I have bent the flap down before with no ill effects maybe as long as you don't fold it over to where it creases. The ramp is not a very smooth shot on the inner right side as it very steep.

#6 4 years ago

I'm not sure if this is the same as the OPs issue, but I have a ramp flap on my Spiderman that isn't touching the playfield flush either. I'm probably going to take the whole ramp out and bend it down a little. Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not it matters if these are raised?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#7 4 years ago

The first picture shows the ramp raised. The side ramp is also a little raised on one side, but not the other.
The second picture shows the right ramp which is down tight to the playfield

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

The first picture shows the ramp raised. The side ramp is also a little raised on one side, but not the other.
The second picture shows the right ramp which is down tight to the playfield

if you pay attention to those ramps, you can hit it straight on, and the ball jumps, if you don't have anything above it no big deal, but on STTNG there is a little light so mine hits that and doesn't go up the ramp

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
3,800 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Nashville, TENNESSEE

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside