(Topic ID: 230059)

Rally pinball club - Voulez vous flipper avec moi?

By SergioJ

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SergioJ
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PB094695 (resized).jpg
    PB094697 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0068 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0070 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0072 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SergioJ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Thought I would start up a club for the owners and fans of these rare and hard to find games from this french manufacturer. They did a lot of innovative things while they were in business, and parts and help can be tough to find so thought this could be a spot to collectively pool resources/parts and tech help, oui? Say hello if you have one.....

#2 5 years ago

I'll get the ball rolling with a couple pics of the Playboy that I've got....picked this one up from someone in Chicago many years ago. The flippers are not original but everything else is......love the nixie tubes!

IMG_0068 (resized).JPGIMG_0068 (resized).JPGIMG_0070 (resized).JPGIMG_0070 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPGIMG_0078 (resized).JPGIMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    #6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Joydivision:

Can I ask, is the backglass actually "glass" or a plexi on both Playboy & Comics?

Hey! Yeah, they’re both plexi. Plus for shipping though. I think the other Rally backglasses prior to the Nixie tube/Fliptronic era were traditional glass, but I’m just guessing there. Anybody else know for sure?

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Joydivision:

That's what I was thinking with that question as plexi takes the risk out of shipping.

Definitely. The Fliptronic pins are also smaller in body depth so I’m assuming the shipping cost would be less as well, less weight and less bulk. Years ago, I was looking at bidding on a Rally Girl on EBay and the shipping cost from Germany was pretty reasonable at the time as I recall.

4 weeks later
    #10 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingKool:

I devised several mods to make them more reliable, including relay circuitry to prevent problems with the tracks on the nixie tube boards burning-out.

Nice! I’d be interested in hearing more about the mods...

On the subject, does anybody have an extra lock down bar laying around! The one on my Comics is missing.

8 months later
    #14 4 years ago
    Quoted from doghouse:

So happy to find this club as I recently took the plunge, and waiting for my Rally machines to ship in from France. The style and beauty of these Rally machines is incredible, and I can't wait to have them here to enjoy and share.

Nice! What did you get?

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from doghouse:

I am getting a Playboy, a Rally Girl, and a Happy Papeete. Very excited!

That’s awesome! I almost got a Rally Girl from Germany a few years ago but couldn’t get the total price to a place where I was comfortable with it. Great looking game !

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SergioJ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rally-pinball-club-voulez-vous-flipper-avec-moi?tu=SergioJ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.