(Topic ID: 31344)

Raleigh Durham Chapel Hill NC Pinball League

By Oliva

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

Trying to get together on January 12th. Please let me know if you can make it.

3 weeks later
    #52 11 years ago

We are getting together on January 12th at 2PM in the basement, on the backside of Fat Daddy's for the initial meeting of the Triangle League. Please come if you can make it.

2 weeks later
    #53 11 years ago

The first Triangle Pinball League session is scheduled for February 23rd at 7PM. It is going to be held at 2 locations. The first location we will be playing TZ and DM. Then we will be going to to play SNTNG. The houses are about 10 minutes from each other. Please let us know if you are planning on coming. Please join the Google group to get addtional messages.

We are looking forward to getting this thing started.

#54 11 years ago

We decided to move the session to February 2nd since the original date was the same date as the Lost Ark tournament. Please PM me or join the Google group if you are interested in coming.

#55 11 years ago

Since we are having our first match in two weeks, I wanted to let everyone know the high level scoring and dues for the league. This may change somewhat depending on how many people show up for the first match.

The league is an individual league, with points accumulating throughout the season. Our hope is to have a tourney style playoff with seeding at the end of the season. We will try to have a match per month, preferably on a Saturday. We will try to avoid scheduling a match on the same date as other pinball tournaments.

We will have 3 pins per match. We will also have groups of four for each pin, if possible. The scoring for each group will be 4 points for 1st place, 3 points for 2nd place, 2 points for 3rd place, and 1 point for fourth place. If we have 3 in a group the scoring will be 3 points for 1st place, 2 points for second place and one point for third place. There is the possibility in a three person group for the 1st place to earn an extra point (4 in total) if that score is greater than the combined score of the 2nd and 3rd place scores. If we have less than 3 people in a group, those people will be divided into the other groups and scoring will change as a result, i.e. for a five person group 5 points for first place.

We still need to decide how many matches are in a season and determine if/how make-ups can take place. We also need to determine if we want each player to drop their lowest score.

The dues for the season are $25 per player. 75% of the dues will go to the hosts (split evenly) for snacks and 25% will go for the trophy.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions, concerns or suggestions. I would also like to get volunteers for the next few matches. See everyone on the 2nd.

2 months later
    #56 11 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but bumping it top add my name to the list of triangle players...

8 months later
    #57 10 years ago

I am moving to the Cary area in the next few months. Would love to get involved in a local league. This thread started over a year ago, I hope something is up and running. Once I move I can host as well.

Tom

1 week later
    #58 10 years ago

Yep. I'd like to add my name to the list too

1 year later
    #60 9 years ago

I'll be in for this if I'm in town.

#61 9 years ago

Really looking forward to it, thanks, David!

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raleigh-durham-chapel-hill-nc-pinball-league/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.