Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Getaway_under (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hi All,

It's my first time working on modern pins. I need to work on the failing Eject Hole on my Getaway II, but can't quite tell how to raise/lock up the playfield. Does anyone have photos of how far forward those runners underneath the playfield are supposed to slide? It appears that it should come forward and lock with more than the right hand side arm. Do I just keep pulling up/forward until it rests on the rear leg guides?

Thanks!

Getaway_under (resized).jpgGetaway_under (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

Hopefully it will work like it should, My HSII was a complete bear to lift--it never did work right and I never quite figured it out. Only pin I've had that has been like that. My guess is one of the holes was drilled incorrectly in the cab--who knows.

Do a search in the Getaway club thread--I'm pretty sure there are some tips there that will help if your playfield doesn't lift like the video says it should.

Just ran a quick search, this is the first thing that popped up. Seems this was a common problem and the slide mech was modified:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-playfield-stuck#post-5197939

#4 4 years ago

I have owned 4 HS2 Getaways over the years. There are 2 different versions of Getaways. One has just the hinge and the other version is the lift/pull forward system.

#5 4 years ago

Awesome...thanks for the info! Didn't realize the playfield pulled out that far. The left slider on mine seems a bit janky so I'll go through the threads and see if I need to repair/replace it.

#6 4 years ago

I've had 2 hs2 and one didn't pull out like most wpc pins.... it used the old system 11 version which just flips up.

#7 4 years ago

Whew...slide seemed to work ok after figuring out the proper angle of attack. Now I just need to find someone with smaller hands to get to the screws.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from sirfish:

Now I just need to find someone with smaller hands to get to the screws.

Are they hex screws? You'll be needing a 1/4 magnetic hex driver at some point anyway, or two! Necessity.
https://www.pinballlife.com/hilmor-14-magnetic-tip-hollow-shaft-nut-driver.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raising-playfield-on-the-getaway-high-speed-ii and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.