All - posted about eggs and pondering raising chickens as a life lesson for my kids and to acquire eggs at the same time (hopefully) within the Happy Price Increase thread.
Seems there are more pinsiders who do raise chickens for various reasons. Thought be good idea to kick around some of your opinions:
1) Why did you get into raising chickens?
2) what suggestions would you recommend as a Chicken Coop or place where the chickens can lay eggs?
Maybe show us a photo of your setup.
3) I was wanting to have raising chickens with my kids as a life lesson with benefit to get eggs. We don’t have pets and think this is a good way to start.
How much of an effort it is for a daily routine?
4) does anyone use an automatic feeder to help when you are on travel? Or, do you have a neighbor help out?
5) What type of chicken did you end up raising? I’ve heard certain breeds of chickens lay more eggs than others.
And.. in general, what would you recommend for a newb wanting to raising chickens must know about before they start?