(Topic ID: 179065)

Rainy in California-What Are You Up To Today?

By Azmodeus

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mfsrc791
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hail (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3839 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3837 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0352 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0344 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0106 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5512 (resized).JPG
    20170123_131005 (resized).jpg
    hail 1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4906 (resized).JPG
    Raining sideways (resized).jpg
    IMG_0128 (resized).JPG

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Being from back east rain reminds me of home.
    Here in SoCal a rainstorm is huge news and somewhat rare these days.

Pouring right now and this is probably as big as it will get until November December again.

Going to work on eBay and play a little theatre.

Be safe all!

#2 7 years ago

Pretty normal actually. Every few years we get storm after storm until spring arrives and this is one of those years. Then they can say the drought is over and throw up another million homes. We're still screwed in the end.

#3 7 years ago

Watching the excitement from my window at work. It's making me sleepy.

#4 7 years ago

Been playing Shrek all morning... Took the day off,I don't work in the rain anymore

#5 7 years ago

Cancelled a Tahoe Trip. Big storm up there all weekend. Bad road conditions. Chain restrictions. Routes getting closed. Oh well. Looks I'll have to suffer here with my pins and Super Chexx.

#6 7 years ago

I still have to go to work.

#7 7 years ago

Playing with my son, and working on a buddy's judge Dredd and doing can touch up on my Gilligans when he naps.

Never thought I would lead such an exciting life.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I still have to go to work.

I'm at work until I get the call that the snow is starting to stick. Then I will go back up the hill, and hope I get home before Caltrans closes the road.

#9 7 years ago

I think I'll get in an innertube and float down the storm channel behind my house, just like the good old days.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I think I'll get in an innertube and float down the storm channel behind my house, just like the good old days.

Every now and then someone tries that in the San Gabriel river and it never ends well.

#11 7 years ago

Crazy how last year we supposedly had an "El Nino" condition and we were supposed to get a ton of rain. Didn't happen.

Looks like it was delayed a year!

#12 7 years ago

This is my street now:

IMG_0128 (resized).JPGIMG_0128 (resized).JPG

... and the city just redid the curbs and pavement this past fall. Water flows better now but the street is still starting to flood.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Crazy how last year we supposedly had an "El Nino" condition and we were supposed to get a ton of rain. Didn't happen.

Looks like it was delayed a year!

Exactly. Last year the Santa Anas kept the rain north and yours truly predicted this would be the year. You go thru enough of these cycles , it becomes predictable despite what the weatherwomen tell you.

#14 7 years ago

Okay so I'm here at the computer and just heard all the noise outside and ...

Raining sideways (resized).jpgRaining sideways (resized).jpg

... seriously! The wind just picked up something fierce and the rain started coming down hard.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

This is my street now:

... and the city just redid the curbs and pavement this past fall. Water flows better now but the street is still starting to flood.

Someone needs rain gutters!

Quoted from o-din:

Exactly. Last year the Santa Anas kept the rain north and yours truly predicted this would be the year. You go thru enough of these cycles , it becomes predictable despite what the weatherwomen tell you.

You are now the official Pinside Weather Man for SoCal!

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

You are now the official Pinside Weather Man for SoCal!

Thanks, but I'll just let Jackie Johnson and Evelyn Taft keep on doing their thing.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

...Then they can say the drought is over and throw up another million homes. We're still screwed in the end.

Now that the drought is all but officially over, I can't wait to hear what the new reason will be as to why they can't start letting water flow back into the valley farms from the delta. What newly endangered species will they find after the smelt have all died off?

#18 7 years ago

Influencing and alienating everybody, as usual

#19 7 years ago

Got in my car and I am about to walk in to namm. It was a white knuckle drive on the way here

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buju:

Got in my car and I am about to walk in to namm. It was a white knuckle drive on the way here

Goddamn you're brave dude.

#21 7 years ago

Well I got the call... I had to pick up the kids from school on the way home. So at least everyone is home, and we can wait it out. It looks like tomorrow will be a dig out day.

IMG_4906 (resized).JPGIMG_4906 (resized).JPG

#22 7 years ago

Dealing with a #&*^# roof leak. Everything was holding fine until that last bit hit at midday.

#23 7 years ago

House breaking a puppy. The rain isn't helping...

#25 7 years ago

Looking outside,pouring,and what do I see??A 30 ft. van,and the guy is looking at me!!!No call,nothing and my B66LE shows up!!When it rains,it pours!!

#26 7 years ago

And just now the wind and rain started up again with lightning (8:15 A.M.) for the first time this storm season.

#27 7 years ago

A hailstorm with thunder just blew by here, that was absolutely the hardest it has come down in the last two days. Left a pile of hail everywhere, like snow in SoCal!

hail 1 (resized).jpghail 1 (resized).jpg

#28 7 years ago

Its raining in boston too. Everyone is still working outside anyway

20170123_131005 (resized).jpg20170123_131005 (resized).jpg

#29 7 years ago

I was on my way to AYCE Gogi for to get lunch & play pinball for my born day. Almost there and I get a call saying that my Father-in-Law has been admitted to the hospital with internal bleeding. He's coded twice already.

Just a year ago my Mother-in-Law died due to complications from ALS.

I'm beginning to dread this day.

And the rain sucks.

#30 7 years ago

Rain wrecked the shit out of Crenshaw, it's nothing but gaping maws of potholes. Hit one hard this morning taking my daughter to school, chewed up my run flat good. Knew it was fucked as soon as the TPM went off. Hopefully the rim isn't bent, replacing the damn tire is going to be expensive enough.

In the meantime going to avoid driving on Crenshaw as best I can (hard when you live right off it!)

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Rain wrecked the shit out of Crenshaw, it's nothing but gaping maws of potholes. Hit one hard this morning taking my daughter to school, chewed up my run flat good. Knew it was fucked as soon as the TPM went off. Hopefully the rim isn't bent, replacing the damn tire is going to be expensive enough.
    In the meantime going to avoid driving on Crenshaw as best I can (hard when you live right off it!)

Man, that sucks!

Rim damage is a good possibility. When you hit that hard you also have to wonder about damage to the suspension.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Man, that sucks!
    Rim damage is a good possibility. When you hit that hard you also have to wonder about damage to the suspension.

Bleh I know. Sitting at the dealer waiting now. This is gonna cost me for sure.

IMG_5512 (resized).JPGIMG_5512 (resized).JPG

#33 7 years ago

Clear and sunny in Seattle...go figure.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Make sure you file a claim with the city where this happened after you get it repaired. They don't always pay out, but it is worth trying if your car is damaged by a pothole.

#35 7 years ago

Lost a nice wheel and tire on a Michigan pothole ( one of 10,000,000). City, COuNty or state didn't do shit.
    Insurance said it's an accident, at fault so $500.00 deductible and increase in rates of $600.00/Year. Obviously not worth it for the $800.00 wheel & tire. I paid cash and cancelled all insurance except liability for the past ten years.
    Insurance COmpaNies are your friend; until something goes wrong.....

#36 7 years ago

Worked all day hearing the rain bash the roof but now I'm home head hunting for Pin technicians to volunteer their time at the Museum of Pinball to get ready for Arcade Expo. (let me know if you're interested in helping)

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Ouch... Sorry to hear that Aurich.

#38 7 years ago

Potholes are everywhere as I drove to work today. My garage flooded about an inch of water because the drainage pipe could not remove the water quick enough from the driveway. Luckily I didn't have anything on the ground that could get damaged.

IMG_0106 (resized).JPGIMG_0106 (resized).JPG

#39 7 years ago

Tahoe has been dumping! North Star last week felt like a Ravenloft campaign with the dense fog engulfing fellow campanions as we raced down to the bottom of the slopes.
    For what it's worth, I did get a flat bike tire on the way to work Thursday due to all the gravel being displaced on the Oakland roads from the harsh rain.IMG_0344 (resized).JPGIMG_0344 (resized).JPGIMG_0352 (resized).JPGIMG_0352 (resized).JPG

#40 7 years ago

No rain today. Just had to sump out a few low spots in the backyard, upright a tiki in the backyard that got blown over.

On my RS however, it seems all the tip102 transistors in the lamp matrix are bad..

#41 7 years ago

I don't mind the rain. Gives me a guilt free day to play pinball.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Been playing Shrek all morning... Took the day off,I don't work in the rain anymore

What?? O'right.....it's raining.

John

#43 7 years ago

Pulling out ramp flaps on SM and FG. The high humidity levels hit the blue steel real hard.

IMG_3837 (resized).JPGIMG_3837 (resized).JPG

IMG_3839 (resized).JPGIMG_3839 (resized).JPG

3 months later
    #45 6 years ago

Once again rain is news in la. I only bring this up for two reasons. First rain is that crazy rare thing in California.

Second I am in a wheelchair mostly and this weather stops me much more. Stops me from doing the not so fun crap I have to do daily. Rehab related.

Today, it's drizzling out there but IS enough to stop me unless I use an umbrella.
    Stupid new hoops to jump through.

#46 6 years ago

I didn't want to even say anything with all the flooding going around in America. But.

Also, I love the rain, but this year not so much.

#47 6 years ago

Today I am going to the Museum of Pinball to repair/shop out games. If you feel up to it why dont you stop in for a bit, even if its just to say hi and get in a few games...

#48 6 years ago

Nice and cool here in N. CA. Maybe I can finally wash my car.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Today I am going to the Museum of Pinball to repair/shop out games. If you feel up to it why dont you stop in for a bit, even if its just to say hi and get in a few games...

I'd like to have gone today, but I just bot back from a trip to Missouri so maybe next month.

#50 6 years ago

What was pretty cool about the rain yesterday was that there was a street fair in Downey. But the rain totally came AFTER it was over. I wheeled around in my wheelchair while all the streets were closed to cars. Fun.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rainy-in-california-what-are-you-up-to-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.