(Topic ID: 189066)

Rail + Switch in bottom of High Speed cabinet?

By harryhoudini

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ScreenHunter_316 May. 15 13.17 (resized).jpg
0513172006 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Bottom left corner near the front of the cabinet on the left side... it's a rail of some sort and a part of a switch. I can't find a pic of the inside of the cabinet in this direction and it's not in the manual... and it is NOT obvious. Or is it?

What is this thing?

0513172006 (resized).jpg0513172006 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Always assumed a ball should be lodged in between, and it can work as some kind of tilt mechanism.

#3 6 years ago

Are you talking about the tilt switch rail to the right of the plumb bob?

It should have a ball in it and, if the machine is picked up at the front by a player, the machine will tilt.

This is an earlier, but similar, version.

ScreenHunter_316 May. 15 13.17 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_316 May. 15 13.17 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

There is usually a 15/16" ball in there. It can be squeezed in without removing the rail. It makes the game tilt if somebody were to lift the game up to prevent the ball from draining. Not really necessary in a home use setting.

#5 6 years ago

I have never seen that before, interesting. I figured the plumb bob served all of that purpose.

#6 6 years ago

I remember Aladdin's Castle had a similar mechanism and the plumb bob. I too am curious as to why both were used together since they both would trigger a tilt if the machine is lifted from front.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

I remember Aladdin's Castle had a similar mechanism and the plumb bob. I too am curious as to why both were used together since they both would trigger a tilt if the machine is lifted from front.

Maybe, just maybe, the plumb bob hanging to one side only counts as 1 warning (even when it persists), while you want the game to end in that situation. Just as slam tilt also does not count as 1 warning. You slam, you end.

#8 6 years ago

Makes sense. Wiggle the game, BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WARNING but if you lift then donezo.

#9 6 years ago

The roll ball tilt is for when kids put ashtrays under the front legs to make the playfield flat and easy to guide the ball with a magnet to win free games.

#10 6 years ago

AH!!

(Ps.. did you see my last reply to your PM?)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rail-switch-in-bottom-of-high-speed-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.