Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    TRC-81 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20211207_172048375 (resized).jpg
    Meter (resized).jpeg
    Blown Res (resized).jpeg
    CE185856-DE71-42B0-86F4-889496683DC2.jpeg
    CC38DD4E-5F6B-4B2A-87A6-624872831D01 (resized).jpeg
    06944FF5-046D-466A-97E3-A568DC511717 (resized).jpeg
    5D346F7E-D8C7-440F-A875-ADAB27E591FE (resized).jpeg
    A15BD134-E0FC-4C27-B160-95970ECFE764 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    PXL_20211205_040854234[1] (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211205_040812426[1] (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211205_035853380[1] (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211205_035320509[1] (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillymadison.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRS80:

TRS80 here, new to the site! There's another old thread about the posting our finds from the Radio Shack closing sales from the last bankruptcy. Rather than perform thread necromancy the first time out, I figured I'd post on this thread:
    Our local stores both closed 2 days ago, after their initial closing dates were pushed out twice. My best was going with Pinball Jr. and filling a $30 small bag entirely with components (especially fuses and switches, and he has an obsession with LED's.) The young, far out dude running the register was pretty loose on the "handles must tie" rule.
    We fit over $200 worth in that bag and the retail was over $2,000. Our register tape was over 25 feet long. I'll post some pics when I can get them off my phone.
    And... I know the guy who posted the $60 take all score over on the Electronics subReddit. He said that he went in to maybe grab a few more things the last day they were open. The manager walked in, was shocked how much component inventory was still there, said they had to get rid it, turned to him and said "how about it, $60 for everything?" "Everything" was almost $24,000 retail. They only had to scan 1 SKU that represented the remaining inventory. It was a LOT of stuff.
    Adios, Radio Shack, and from "TRS80", thanks for the TRS80 - that machine started the careers of many of us.

The Radio Shacks around me started to do their clearance sales and I wanted to get a few of their part draws. One of the stores that still had them was able to sell them to me but with a few catches. I had to buy all 8 of them and I couldn't take them till they're empty. I agreed to buy all 8 (side note I may be selling a few of them in the future if anyone's interested lol) Then I asked if I could buy all the parts in them just to speed up the process. They said I could and they'll give me 90% off but they'll need to scan every piece! I was hoping they would say $300 for all the parts but after scanning one set of draws it was already at $300+ after the 90% off. I ended up just cherry picking some components and waiting for them to be empty.

#73 6 years ago

Yea I called about 5 radio shacks in a 40 mile radius of me. A few barely had anything left and were closing in 2 days. The others didn't have a close date yet so they still had stuff but the sales weren't as good. You need to find that sweet spot with supply and sales.

1 week later
    #89 6 years ago

I was able to finally pick up my part draws. The manger that was helping me orginally was either let go or quit so make sure to save your receipt if you have to back and pick up your stuff like me. My radio shack was weird cause a lot of their part draw items were hung up even before the store announced they were closing and if I was gonna buy all the parts I would have had to buy the wall too.

Picked the draws up Friday night asked the worker if I could buy the remaining parts for a single blow out price. She said no still a $1 a part (blah). But I ended up making her an offer on the hand truck I used to wheel the draws out. Sold me it for $10 but again I'll have to pick it up either on the last day or the day before the last day. Was told to call in the morning and see which day I can pick it up.

Called Saturday morning and they said they'll call me Tuesday. I mentioned if they want to sell the remaining parts let me know. The new worker said actually we just put them all on sale fill a box with parts for $60 a box! I drove back to the radio shack and the boxes they used were nice size boxes! Was able to fit all the components into 3 boxes. Got the last box half off cause it wasn't over flowing like the other two. Used my hand truck to wheel them to the car and was tempted to just leave with it but I brought it back cause the workers there were nice people.

Now all I have to do is organize all these parts and pick up my hand truck

IMG_9322 (resized).JPGIMG_9322 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillymadison.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radio-shack-files-for-bankruptcy-again?tu=phillymadison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.