Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    TRC-81 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20211207_172048375 (resized).jpg
    Meter (resized).jpeg
    Blown Res (resized).jpeg
    CE185856-DE71-42B0-86F4-889496683DC2.jpeg
    CC38DD4E-5F6B-4B2A-87A6-624872831D01 (resized).jpeg
    06944FF5-046D-466A-97E3-A568DC511717 (resized).jpeg
    5D346F7E-D8C7-440F-A875-ADAB27E591FE (resized).jpeg
    A15BD134-E0FC-4C27-B160-95970ECFE764 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    PXL_20211205_040854234[1] (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211205_040812426[1] (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211205_035853380[1] (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211205_035320509[1] (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider funriseguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 6 years ago

I hate to see it go as I would visit a couple times a month for parts. Like some of you I waited for the 80/90% off days and cleaned out the parts bin. Got a ton from the part drawers, Arduino stuff and EL wire. I used the wire and the 7 color flashing LEDs to jazz up my Saitek toy PB.

A reference to this was posted earlier but not the main site. This is an archive of all RS catalogs from 1939 to 03. You can look through the pages of each. http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/catalog_directory.html

I laugh remembering the 1975 one with Arthur Fiedler, conductor of the Boston Pops Orchestra then, on the cover promoting RS stereo equipment.

RS (resized).JPGRS (resized).JPG

#69 6 years ago

They incrementally discounted the merchandise weekly until closing and this went on for about two months at each location. I don't know if it was ever posted but signs were up along the road and in front of the stores. I lucked out because there was one only half a mile from my house, another about 3 miles and I work in another city and one was not far from my job. They weren't closing all at once. The one 3 miles away started the process first. After it closed the one near my job started the process. After it closed the one near me started and it still has a couple weeks left. Hard to beat Arduino shield kits at $1.50 or $2.

#71 6 years ago

Call before you go and find out where they are in the process and what the stock is like for what you want. The one near me has a couple weeks to go but the parts drawers are almost completely empty. Also, the signs say, for example, up to 90% off. Some sections will only be 60 or 70%. The tools section (soldering irons and such) never dropped below 70%. And it was inconsistent between stores as to what the final discounts on the same sections would be. The store near work dropped the parts drawer to 90% after the first couple weeks but the one near me is still at 70%. All the employees were confused as to pricing also. Arduino and maker section had a sign 70% but when rung up the discount was higher. I went back and grabbed a few more things.

I'd hate you to drive all that way to find no stock for what you want or discount you were expecting.

#75 6 years ago

TRS80, that's exactly what I did. Grabbed the large proto boards (3) and that kind of stuff early. I kept going back to all of the stores and getting better deals. I bought every 12v and 125v relay along with the last couple of sockets for them, rectifiers, high wattage resistors and different toggle and power switches in one of the visits. Things I may need for a future project.

In the closing week of one store I picked up a microcontroller experiment board kit and a motorized robot gripper. Don't know what I'm going to do with them but they were only a few dollars each.

I stopped by today at the store near me and Final Week sign was up. Picked up all the tips they had left for my soldering iron (50c) and 12v SLA batteries ($8).

#79 6 years ago

frunch - You got enough EL wire? I only got 10 sets with the inverter for each. I probably got 2/3rds of that. Did you get in on the parts drawer buy2get2 deal?

#81 6 years ago

I've kept a lot of my parts organized in one of the largest Plano tackle boxes you can get along with a drawer in a cabinet. Think I'm going to go the route of a small rolling tool cart.

Check out the upgrade to my Saitek toy pin for just a few dollars thanks to the RS demise. Two ELs, 4 super bight and 4 - 7seven color flashing LEDS.

BandA (resized).jpgBandA (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider funriseguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radio-shack-files-for-bankruptcy-again?tu=funriseguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.