(Topic ID: 274216)

Radical vs. Mousin Around: Better for a small collection

By per3per3

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

Both are very good games! Both are keeps for me.

My advice for you is to purchase the one you like more based on shoot layout. Looking at your collection you seems to like more flippers and loaded games (besides GB) so guessing radical is more your style.

From a purely price perspective the radical sounds like the better deal in general terms without knowing condition (which I would question why that person had not already sold locally based on price).

Good luck and lee is posted.

Honestly. But both. I don’t think you will regret it.

#4 3 years ago

I honestly would not pass up either.
In ranking of sys11 games I both at top tier along w wwind and space station and earth shaker.

Right behind those is Rollergames

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I really appreciate the opinions. I definitely dig the variety and volume of ramps in radical...there doesn't seem to be another pin like it. I just want to make sure that people are not generally interested in radical purely because it's rare and not because of gameplay. I've played radical a fair amount but haven't been on one in quite some time. I've played mousin more recently because we had it in league.
Tough decision and I'm thankful for the oppty to get either one of these machines in nice condition at a reasonable price.

I can say 100% that radical is a great player! It is desired for the game. The price is because it is rarer than many sys11 AND good.

Truth be told, there are lots of rare games that suck and the price reflects it. Radical does not suck

If they were the exact same price and value, exact same condition, exact same ease of pick up... I would probably get Radical first by a slight hair.
That said... I still suggest both. They are a really good pairing of sys11 games for your collection.

#9 3 years ago

curious OP... is there a reason you are not buying them both?

They are both on your wishlist, so seems odd not to jump.

Limited funds? Limited space? If so then consider selling GB as from the looks of it... after you buy 1 of these, you will be hunting the other if I predict accurately Once you get your first real classic... you will likely hunt out other early ss, late ss, and alphanemerics

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-vs-mousin-around-better-for-a-small-collection-?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.