(Topic ID: 274216)

Radical vs. Mousin Around: Better for a small collection

By per3per3

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I have the opportunity to snag a nice example of either Radical or Mousin Around for reasonable prices. The mousin is local and $2500, and the radical requires shipping and is $3500. I've never owned a system 11 and these two have been on my list for a while. I have a small collection and, at this point, I was thinking a less complex system 11 would be fun. I tend to rotate my collection a fair amount, but possibly looking for more keepers at this stage.

I realize both are less common with Radical considered pretty rare..but I am trying to potentially keep rarity out of the equation and would appreciate folks weighing in on which machine they'd recommend. I like the shots and flow in both games and realize there may be more to do in mousin with mousin considered a more challenging game. I know that most folks who have played or owned a radical seem to love it.

I'd appreciate your recommendations and why.

Thanks!

#5 3 years ago

I really appreciate the opinions. I definitely dig the variety and volume of ramps in radical...there doesn't seem to be another pin like it. I just want to make sure that people are not generally interested in radical purely because it's rare and not because of gameplay. I've played radical a fair amount but haven't been on one in quite some time. I've played mousin more recently because we had it in league.

Tough decision and I'm thankful for the oppty to get either one of these machines in nice condition at a reasonable price.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious OP... is there a reason you are not buying them both?
They are both on your wishlist, so seems odd not to jump.
Limited funds? Limited space? If so then consider selling GB as from the looks of it... after you buy 1 of these, you will be hunting the other if I predict accurately Once you get your first real classic... you will likely hunt out other early ss, late ss, and alphanemerics

Once again, appreciate others who have weighed in. To answer the question on why not both...I don't have the space. I'm at 4 machines plus a bally skill roll right now and have room for another pin. If that wasn't a factor, I probably would go for both. Regarding GB, I actually was not a fan of that pin at all when it came out. Always loved the theme and the volume of stuff on the playfield, but didn't like the mode start/progression and the code. When they completely overhauled the code a while back, I started playing it again on location and started to love it. That said, GB will likely be the first pin I rotate out, but not ready yet. I'd either use the proceeds of the GB sale to go for another nice TZ (probably my favorite pin and miss my old one), perhaps a new pin like the upcoming JJP GnR (if it's good), or possibly a deadpool premium.

#14 3 years ago

Pretty sure I'm going for the Radical. The price ended up being $3750, which I still think is a great price for a nice example of this title. Appreciate all those who weighed in!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-vs-mousin-around-better-for-a-small-collection-?tu=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.