Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by yellowghost
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Is anyone reproducing the Bally Radical playfield?

#2 4 years ago

Nope

#3 4 years ago

There's quite a few of these late bally play fields that could use some love...

1 year later
1 year later
#5 1 year ago

Will never happen. I think the production figures are too low. Maybe a hardtop might be available someday hopefully.

#6 1 year ago

"Will never happen. I think the production figures are too low. Maybe a hardtop might be available someday hopefully."

Both CPR and Micro ran Joust playfields. Never say never !

I'm hoping for both a Radical and Transporter PF

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

"Will never happen. I think the production figures are too low. Maybe a hardtop might be available someday hopefully."
Both CPR and Micro ran Joust playfields. Never say never !
I'm hoping for both a Radical and Transporter PF

CRP has some kinda digital process in the works which will allow them to print playfields as they are ordered. I am not sure what their process is but if somebody sent them a NOS playfield that needed no artwork repair, THEN I could see small run games getting a fair shake.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

CRP has some kinda digital process in the works which will allow them to print playfields as they are ordered. I am not sure what their process is but if somebody sent them a NOS playfield that needed no artwork repair, and they can somehow scan the playfield art,THEN I could see small run games getting a fair shake.

1 month later
#9 1 year ago

A new playfield would, ironically, be Radical! Has anyone ever inquired if CPR or Mirco has any interest in doing one, or what the hold up was on doing one, provided there was interest?

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

CRP has some kinda digital process in the works which will allow them to print playfields as they are ordered. I am not sure what their process is but if somebody sent them a NOS playfield that needed no artwork repair, THEN I could see small run games getting a fair shake.

If they haven’t ran the title before, this new process really doesn’t help with that. They still have to have the initial interest to make the initial artwork worth their while to make. Trust me I’ve tried to get them to make big game multiple times. I can’t remember exactly, but they’d have to get at least 100 preorders I think to make it worth their time I think.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If they haven’t ran the title before, this new process really doesn’t help with that. They still have to have the initial interest to make the initial artwork worth their while to make. Trust me I’ve tried to get them to make big game multiple times. I can’t remember exactly, but they’d have to get at least 100 preorders I think to make it worth their time I think.

It all comes down to that huh? If 500 people commited to buying one, they would probly have somebody working on it lickedy split.
Dont think its gonna happen. Why not send it off to luke skywalker. It might even be cheaper, the holes will be on the same spots, and the colors will be closer than CPR could ever get them.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

If 500 people commited to buying one

If 500 of these games are even left.

I had one rule of thumb when I bought mine "make sure playfield good".

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

It all comes down to that huh? If 500 people commited to buying one, they would probly have somebody working on it lickedy split.

Yep. Or if it’s something they’ve already ran in the past, you should be able to get one offs.

#14 1 year ago

What about the people who do hard-tops? How many pre-orders do they need in order to print a run?

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

What about the people who do hard-tops? How many pre-orders do they need in order to print a run?

No idea. Never been interested in buying one of those.

#16 1 year ago

I’d be in for a Radical playfield! Yeah, I know, that doesn’t really help hahaha. And I don’t want a hardtop

#17 1 year ago

Mine is fortunately in good enough shape. I'm not clawing at the bit for one, but I'd love to do Radical proper one day, and a new playfield would be useful in that effort.

It really is a shame so few were made, because the design of the field and the gameplay are great. I think it would have been a very popular game had there been more made.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I’d be in for a Radical playfield! Yeah, I know, that doesn’t really help hahaha. And I don’t want a hardtop

Would gladly try a hard-top if there was no other option.

#19 1 year ago

How about someone remake the whole machine and sell them.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from MRG:

How about someone remake the whole machine and sell them.

Now we're talkin!

#21 1 year ago

just a skating theme, no license just free thinking
RADICAL 2

8 months later
#22 4 months ago

About to purchase a radical with a less than stellar PF, but I would rather have one than none at all. Hoping someday we will see a new PF solution of some kind.

#23 4 months ago

I hope they make it!!

#24 4 months ago

Just got a reply from Micro and they said that they didn’t need a certain number, but just a good master PF and time. Time to start an interest thread?

#25 4 months ago

Maybe we can all chip in and get Boosterfive to bring his machine over to Micro in Seelze. Maybe it would be good enough to get Radcals too?

#26 4 months ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

Just got a reply from Micro and they said that they didn’t need a certain number, but just a good master PF and time. Time to start an interest thread?

That might be a problem. Most that I see are missing art on inserts and I understand -diamond-coat playfields are rare. Somebody with a NOS one would be nuts to mail it there .
I was reckoning that CPR would print one, seeing how they already printed translights, but I don't think thats gonna happen.

Why not send it to neo skywalker ? Then you know the holes line up and everything will fit.

#27 4 months ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

That might be a problem. Most that I see are missing art on inserts and I understand -diamond-coat playfields are rare. Somebody with a NOS one would be nuts to mail it there .
I was reckoning that CPR would print one, seeing how they already printed translights, but I don't think thats gonna happen.
Why not send it to neo skywalker ? Then you know the holes line up and everything will fit.

You might be right. I’m not getting my hopes up, but I thought I would at least see where people were at. Neo isn’t far from me so he is my second best option

3 weeks later
#28 4 months ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

You might be right. I’m not getting my hopes up, but I thought I would at least see where people were at. Neo isn’t far from me so he is my second best option

I don't want to disparage anyone, because I know this is a complicated thing, but I had a friend who sent a playfield to CPR and it was a pretty big hassle. I don't think I even have enough time here to see it through. I'll be heading back to the states in the not too distant future.

Ironically the individual I am speaking about who already dealt with this, has a Radical themselves, which I think is in better shape than mine.

One thing is for sure, clearing the playfield for shipping is far beyond what I feel comfortable doing. Hahahaha!

I am however, very very happy to see that the lower vert ramps and saucer bowl ramps are getting made again!!!

#29 4 months ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

I don't want disparage anyone, because I know this is a complicated thing, but I had a friend who sent a playfield to CPR and it was a pretty big hassle. I don't think I even have enough time here to see it through. I'll be heading back to the states in the not too distant future.
Ironically the individual I am speaking about who already dealt with this, has a Radical themselves, which I think is in better shape than mine.
One thing is for sure, clearing the playfield for shipping is far beyond what I feel comfortable doing. Hahahaha!
I am however, very very happy to see that the lower vert ramps and saucer bowl ramps are getting made again!!!

Yea. I don't think its a reality unless somebody finds the original materiels to produce without scanning an original.
A few ramps are not yet produced, they are coming but it won't be until next year I think.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside