image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
IMAG0177_1.jpg
IMAG0175.jpg
IMG_3443.jpg

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Just picked up a radical interested in moding it out dude ive done a search only mod i found was the add a slingshot anybody that could inlightin me on some other mods would be appreciated

#2 8 years ago

Bump for a underated pin

#3 8 years ago

?

#4 8 years ago

Crazy fun pin! Love all the ramp shots!

#5 8 years ago

It's radical bro trying to think of some mods for this pin thinking mabey a translucent half pipe or skateboard something throw something out their Radical heads

#6 8 years ago

would love to get one and design some mods for it.

- mirror blades
- mini skate dude doing a hand plant on one of the pop caps
- a small old school skate wheel attached to a shooter rod
- or design your own rod rod knob - head to shapeways and search swinksshooter and there is a custom knob that you can have a word engraved in - Skate etc...
- get some thin SS wire and bend to the shape of a ramp to simulate the rail at the top of a ramp.

have fun

#7 8 years ago

How about adding the VUK back in

Along with the third sling you talked about

I added the third sling, I'm just about to add the vuk back in

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 8 years ago

Also...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 8 years ago

Is there a tutorial on adding the vuk and the sling back in?

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Is there a tutorial on adding the vuk and the sling back in?

I will second that motion.

#11 8 years ago

There's not a tutorial on the vuk, I will take notes and pictures when I do mine...

There is a tutorial of sorts on this thread of the 3rd sling

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/started-my-radical-project-today

However, it only hits at about 30% power, which is actually good enough for this area of the game. If full power is desired, then a gottleib pop bumper board pbb080 is needed to control the sling, I'd also use another to control the vuk if installed

Edit:
More supporting links
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-3rd-kicker-installed-weak

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-prototype-vuk-and-3rd-sling-add-on

#12 8 years ago

RADICAL! probably one of the most undrated games if you want to just have fun!!! the ramp shots are great.. and great flow

and I have seen the question asked and replied to in the forum of the "toughest shot in pinball" I know the center shot after you knock down the 3 drop targets all the way up the playfield (timed shot before targets pop back up) is VERY tough - left flipper only , top of playfield and so damn narrow of a track!!! (I think this is where the ball would go into a drop hole to be kicked out the VUK if you had one of the early model games.. Mine does not have the VUK installed.

I have some pix of a few mods I did (on my other computer) and will post them up later tonight I hope. I have a number of mini skateboards, and skater guy that I am just waiting for the time to find the right spot to nicely and non-permanently mount them on to.. the game does have room for props and mods!!

LED's are a GREAT add on to this game to get the playfield to POP even more

way underrated, way undervalued (theoretical book values that is), and go ahead.. look around for the game for sale??? look for parts ANYTHING??? nothing zippo.

great colors/art, great flow , not too high tech but a go to pin in my lineup of higher end pinballs!

a keeper in my lineup and I do get tired of games quickly! HA

#13 8 years ago

I've been hesitant to cut my ramp for the vuk wireform, because I know I only have one shot, but I really want that snake shot to be satisfying when I hit it, and just hitting a target all the way back there is not cool enough.

I've gotten pretty good at hitting that shot, but yes, it's very very tough.

I think the upper right ramp shot is actually harder. It is incredibly difficult to line up the shot, and the ramp only gets hit if in that split second the speed and connection with the flipper happen.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Also...

image.jpg

Sickkkk!!!! Where did u get the shooter rod ?

#16 8 years ago

I want the vuk and the add a slingshot mod where can i pick up the parts anybody have some part numbers

#17 8 years ago

the part numbers are in the manual... I had pics of them , I'll look them up again, the VUK bracket is pretty much unobtanium though

#18 8 years ago

Wheres the radicals post away

#19 8 years ago

There's only a few of us, lol

Such a highly under rated pin, I have so much fun with mine!

#20 8 years ago

Wish I bought the game when I had the chance this year. Flame torch them ramps, and you got one sick game!!!!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Also...

image.jpg

Santa Cruz-Slimeball Vomits!
Just traded my 2 skateboards and a couple of hundred bucks for a player quality one.One of the boards had those wheels on it!

#22 8 years ago

Get some Teck Decks!
dc-almost.jpgdc-almost.jpg
primitive.jpgprimitive.jpg
Resampled_2013-11-19_14-19-11_762.jpgResampled_2013-11-19_14-19-11_762.jpg
fingerboard-set-techdeck-hook-ups-yellow-0.jpg.big.jpgfingerboard-set-techdeck-hook-ups-yellow-0.jpg.big.jpg
01-4_2.jpg01-4_2.jpg
054.jpg054.jpg

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from PinBiohazard:

Get some Teck Decks!
dc-almost.jpg
primitive.jpg
Resampled_2013-11-19_14-19-11_762.jpg
fingerboard-set-techdeck-hook-ups-yellow-0.jpg.big.jpg
01-4_2.jpg
054.jpg

There's also vintage skateboard tech decks, the Powell peralta designed go very well with Radical!

#25 8 years ago

Retro Tech Deck13056-i.jpg13056-i.jpg

#26 8 years ago

I designed an interactive under-cab kit for this machine awhile ago if anyone is interested in trying it out. The price is $80.00 and i will refund $20.00 if you send me a video file of my kit in action. This price only applies to the first buyer.

Chris
www.rockcustompinball.com

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Retro Tech Deck13056-i.jpg

WHERE'D YOU GET THAT!?!?!?!?! I Want ONE!!!!

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I designed an interactive under-cab kit for this machine awhile ago if anyone is interested in trying it out. The price is $80.00 and i will refund $20.00 if you send me a video file of my kit in action. This price only applies to the first buyer.
Chris
http://www.rockcustompinball.com

I'll take that action

Email Sent

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

WHERE'D YOU GET THAT!?!?!?!?! I Want ONE!!!!

I second that i want one

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'll take that action
Email Sent

Ok your my man. Thank you for helping bring this kit to market.

Chris
www.rockcustompinball.com

#31 8 years ago

okay FINALLY - FINALLY I have time to put up a few pix of my RAD pinball and the little mods I did.. I like the CHOSEN_S's SLIMEBALL wheel shooter rod better than mine... I used a goofy small hard wheel from one of those half size crappy skateboards.. I DO LIKE THE SIZE OF MINE!

man - the colors on RADICAL! have to be some of the best!!! its just pretty to look at!

- pix of shooter rod
- LED lights throughout
- you might make out the clear shield I put over the close left curly ramp to stop the air balls
- orange painted legs
- leg protectors (hiding some cabinet decal peel up)
- hand crafted and painted skateboard topper with LED light strip
- sorry not pictured is a few stickers I put on it - saying "please skateboard here" and "no wimps"
- sorry not pictured is all the little unique skateboards I have rounded up over the year from various places and sales--- they are not the playfield yet -- MAYBE one day WHEN I HAVE SPARE TIME! HA

this pin just deserves the love!

IMG_3369.jpgIMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3437.jpgIMG_3437.jpg

IMG_3446.jpgIMG_3446.jpg

IMG_3447.jpgIMG_3447.jpg

IMG_3449.jpgIMG_3449.jpg

IMG_3448.jpgIMG_3448.jpg

IMG_3443.jpgIMG_3443.jpg

#32 8 years ago

The boards I traded for Radical!-Santa Cruz,Gregor Rankin and Santa Cruz,Slasher.[attachment=2602535,undefined caption="IMAG0175.jpg"]// Error: Image 436885 not found //

#33 8 years ago

IMAG0175.jpgIMAG0175.jpgIMAG0177.jpgIMAG0177.jpg

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

The boards I traded for Radical!-Santa Cruz,Gregor Rankin and Santa Cruz,Slasher.[attachment=2602535,undefined caption="IMAG0175.jpg"]

Bitchin!!

#35 8 years ago

I recently found a stash of some of my old boards: Santa Cruz Slasher, Schmitt Stix Lucero, and a Powell-Peralta Tony Hawk Mini. None of em are in good shape, but will someday be hanging on the wall.

#36 8 years ago

Almost got my radical done I've rebuilt all the flippers full shop job flame polished all the ramps threw some leds in having to figure out how to get sound and get the display working anybody ever have no sound no display?

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#37 8 years ago

Cool lighting, I have those ufo lights on my bop.

What did you use exactly to flame polish your ramps?

#38 8 years ago

Man I want one of these. I've got a Dr Dude which has a similar kickass 80s vibe that I love to bits. I've played Radical a couple of times and the combos on this game are a lot of fun. Combos are my favourite things to do in pinball so Radical is right up my alley.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Cool lighting, I have those ufo lights on my bop.
What did you use exactly to flame polish your ramps?

Bought this torch at lowes 26 $

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Man I want one of these. I've got a Dr dude which has a similar kickass 80s vibe that I love to bits. I've played Radical a couple of times and the combos on this game are a lot of fun. Combos are my favourite things to do in pinball so Radical is right up my alley.

Side by side.IMAG0383.jpgIMAG0383.jpg

#41 8 years ago

Slimeballs and this vid, man I'm getting old.

#42 8 years ago

skate or die !!!!! Bro

1 week later
#43 8 years ago
#44 8 years ago

#45 8 years ago

Radical mods couple skate boards Inner mirrors undercab lighting speaker lighting all done by me no kit 13 dollars

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Just got my rad going super fun

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Radical mods couple skate boards Inner mirrors undercab lighting speaker lighting all done by me no kit 13 dollars » YouTube video

What did you do to get your under cab lighting to interact that way?

#48 8 years ago

I tyed these in with the flashers :)Order a set On ebay one roll will do your speakers and undercab

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#49 8 years ago

ebay.com link: link not sure if this link works or not

image.jpgimage.jpg

#50 8 years ago

Radical Palm tree to put my radical to sleep

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.