20240120_151724 (resized).jpg
20240120_151707 (resized).jpg
20240120_151621 (resized).jpg
20240120_151628 (resized).jpg
20240120_145925 (resized).jpg
20240120_145918 (resized).jpg
20240120_151542 (resized).jpg
20240120_151600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#561 3 years ago

Might be joining the club and wondering if anyone has an extra set of sling plastics?

1 month later
#588 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I still offer them. I make them on demand so just a couple days to make what you want.

Any updates on the right ramps?

#590 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

On the list for the new heater.

NICE!

3 weeks later
#614 3 years ago

It's looking like I'll be joining the club and definitely excited. A few questions:

1) what are the main differences between the original Rom and the Soren ROM and where can I get it?

2) the prism decals on both spinners need replacement. What's the best way to remove the existing decals and residual adhesive so I can install new ones?

3) if I wanted to change out the color of the t-molding (the machine has black t molding and I'd like to swap out for red) I'm curious if that's a pain in the ass

#617 3 years ago

A few more questions:

1) Can anyone point me in the right direction to get soren's latest tons?

2) could someone provide pics of the retro refurbs side blades installed?

#620 3 years ago

If anyone has the patch files then please PM me as I have someone that can burn ROMs

Thanks!

1 week later
#624 3 years ago

I have joined the club and received my Radical yesterday. I am working through some smaller issues and could use the community's help. Here are my questions and I appreciate your expertise!

1) This is more of a system 11 question. Can someone either explain or perhaps point me to a link that clearly explains how to navigate the menus? This is my first System 11 and I need an education on the 3 buttons (reminds me of the demo man "he doesn't know how to use the 3 seashells?"). I know that the start button selects and it doesn't look like there is a confirm/save like on WPC games. How do I go directly to the diagnostic menu for instance where the switch and bulb tests are located? Once I'm done in the menus, how do I exit back into attract mode?

2) I have 1 credit dot for the "middle man" switch. Based on the manual, this seems to be the one that controls the right orbit gate. It registers fine in game so not sure why I'd be getting the credit dot. I have been to the switch test menu yet, but there doesn't seem to be a need.

3) I'm getting the soren roms today and wondering if there's anything in the menus I need to change once I install them? I'm assuming all current settings and scores will be reset to default.

Finally, I have a set of brand new sling plastics that I'd be willing to trade for a nice/new skate or die plastic if anyone has one.

Thanks!

#627 3 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Here's a video I made playing with the display test on a Space Station. showing the buttons in the upper left. Same arrangement as Radical.

The middle man switch in the right orbit, just behind the whirlpool bowl. It only indicates to the game the direction of the right side of the orbit. If it's misadjusted it'll never trigger, especially when the ball rolls down through the righthand A gate. If A lights when the ball rolls down from the top, it's not adjusted correctly.

yes they will

Good luck!

Thank you for the video. Man, they really improved the menu navigation in the conversation from sys 11 to WPC! Adding that 4th menu nav button really makes things easier. I'm sure this is something I'll get used to.

Appreciate the info re: the middle man switch as well. I'll do a roll test and will readjust it.

#629 3 years ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

If you could also on me, that would be super appreciated.

I actually was able to snag the ROMs already burned so I'm unable to share the files.

#633 3 years ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

Specifically this is the tailslider gate switch just before the tailslider bowl? If that gate switch is triggered before the gate switch at the beginning of the tailslider ramp, it should not light A? And if it does, this means that the tailslider gate switch is misaligned, or do you mean that the first gate switch at the beginning of the tailslider ramp?
I ask because if the ball comes up the bust a move ramp, but does not have enough speed, it can fall down the tail slider ramp, hitting that switch.
I think I'm having some tailslider switch issues, but it is hard to tell what is normal and what is not.

I think I could use some confirmation/clarification regarding this switch's functionality as well. I just want to make sure my game is working 100%. I did resolve the middle man switch error...so hopefully that was a win for me.

#637 3 years ago

What determines when the diverter into the funnel activities? Which switch tells the game to do it?

#643 3 years ago

Just encountered an issue that I'm hoping you all can help me fix. I turn the game on today and the upper left flipper is at half power. I replaced the flipper buttons yesterday and initially thought it was the flipper switch. When I fully press the flipper button rve upper flipper flips but at significantly reduced power. I've only had the machine for about a week and this flipper has been fine until now.

I've checked to ensure the two contacts are completing their connections (light button press for lower flipper and full press for upper flipper). Everything looks good and same as other side where both flippers are fine. I've visually checked the upper left flipper for loose or disconnected wires on the coil...that's good. Also inspected the flipper mech to ensure that it's good mechanically and it is fine.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

3 weeks later
#664 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Would love to know where you found these also as I can't track them down.

A local pinsider with a radical had the ROMs burned and didn't need him. He's got a radical and has to run the older code because he has the prototype Vuk installed which soren's rom doesn't support

4 months later
#771 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I'm getting close to testing my new forming machine with the larger heater. Have just secured donor ramps for the remaining pieces on Radical so I can get started on the molds.

Love it!

3 weeks later
#783 3 years ago

I've seen that on eBay but never in person

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome?tu=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.