20240120_151724 (resized).jpg
20240120_151707 (resized).jpg
20240120_151621 (resized).jpg
20240120_151628 (resized).jpg
20240120_145925 (resized).jpg
20240120_145918 (resized).jpg
20240120_151542 (resized).jpg
20240120_151600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#656 3 years ago

Ugh hoping someone can confirm if I have an issue or not as this is the first time I noticed this behavior. When I get into multiball, the mega million arrow stays lit for only a brief period and then goes out when both balls are in play...maybe 5 seconds. I can't remember this ever happening before today...I thought it should stay lit until you collected it or drained 1 ball, which would activate a grace period to collect it.

After it goes out, it goes back to seemingly normal play. If I drain a ball, the play continues with one ball so I don't think the game is thinking a ball drained. Anyone have any insight?

#658 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

It sounds like you might have an issue with one of your trough switches.

Interestingly enough I had a buddy over and we probably played 8 games on it and it hasn't happened again...so I'll keep an eye out but that was weird.

However, we did notice that the left inlane was not consistently spotting a radical letter every time it was hit before the first multiball. Does it only spot one in certain instances or do I need to adjust the switch?

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I actually was able to snag the ROMs already burned so I'm unable to share the files.

Would love to know where you found these also as I can't track them down.

#663 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I think it gives you letters until a set score is reached.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I believe the score is 4 million, but guessing it may be a changable setting.

Awesome this might explain it...I'll give it a look!

#666 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I believe the score is 4 million, but guessing it may be a changable setting.

So I figured out what was happening. The switch was registering in test 100% of the time. In the game I could activate it with my finger 100% of the time and get a letter. I was playing around with the ball and depending on the angle or speed of the ball it wasn't activating the switch everytime. I played with it for about 30 minutes and it still doesn't get each hit with a ball, so I may just replace it.

4 weeks later
#670 3 years ago

Hoping someone can confirm if I'm crazy because I'm at my wits end. I cannot get my left inlane switch to register consistently in the game to spot letters.

I've replaced the switch (twice!) and now probably have 3 hours into testing and tweaking and getting nowhere.

In test mode the inlane registers every time from every angle and speed, no issues at all. In the game it seems to pick and choose when to register. I noticed that when I shot the ramp from the right flipper the problem was the worse, so I thought maybe that the entrance to the ramp with that gate/switch combo was still registering (???) and the game just didn't catch up yet...so I played with that for a while and no change.

Thought maybe it was the speed of the ball, but again no issues in test mode. Can someone take some shots on their game and see if you get the left inlane to spot a letter each time? Maybe its a rules thing? I'm losing my damn mind...

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

There are some very odd things in the production code. Soren had to rewrite large parts of it because it wasn't very good. Like my random bug where if the middle man switch was triggered twice the million didn't trigger on the left X switch.

I've taken a look at his list and didn't see this one on there, but that's where I was leaning. Was hoping someone else with a game could try for me and see what they get before I pull my hair out chasing the problem any further if there isn't a fix ha.

#675 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Hoping someone can confirm if I'm crazy because I'm at my wits end. I cannot get my left inlane switch to register consistently in the game to spot letters.
I've replaced the switch (twice!) and now probably have 3 hours into testing and tweaking and getting nowhere.
In test mode the inlane registers every time from every angle and speed, no issues at all. In the game it seems to pick and choose when to register. I noticed that when I shot the ramp from the right flipper the problem was the worse, so I thought maybe that the entrance to the ramp with that gate/switch combo was still registering (???) and the game just didn't catch up yet...so I played with that for a while and no change.
Thought maybe it was the speed of the ball, but again no issues in test mode. Can someone take some shots on their game and see if you get the left inlane to spot a letter each time? Maybe its a rules thing? I'm losing my damn mind...

Anyone out there willing to run a test for me on their game so I can compare notes?

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Excited to join the club some day! If anyone is looking to sell let me know

Probably listing mine for sale/trade in the next day or so. Gotta get pics today.

2 months later
#744 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

$3700- $4300 sounds about right for a decent player. I wouldn't sell mine for $5000 now.
You have to understand there were only 1328 confirmed units of this System 11C from 1990 and who knows how many survivors there are in decent shape.
Everyone that has played mine prefers it over Whirlwind and FunHouse, two other games from the same year with far more made and reproduction parts more readily available.

When I picked one up a few months back, I posted a picture of it in the pick up thread and had a few messages of people offering 4K based on just that so I think you are pretty on here with the price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.