20240120_151724 (resized).jpg
20240120_151707 (resized).jpg
20240120_151621 (resized).jpg
20240120_151628 (resized).jpg
20240120_145925 (resized).jpg
20240120_145918 (resized).jpg
20240120_151542 (resized).jpg
20240120_151600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ajfclark.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

somebody can scan for me left and right slingshot plastics?

My left one is missing the very top edge, but the right is complete. Is that good enough?

Do people just post pictures here or is that frowned upon?

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Please scan both if its possible

I haven't got around to cleaning these yet. Let me know if that's not good enough or you need higher res.

radical_slingshot_plastics.pngradical_slingshot_plastics.png

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

ajfclark Thanks

No worries. I have a higher res version if you need it?

I'm after a scan of the small plastic between the two left jet bumpers.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

The theme of this game is awesome but my question would be how fun is the gameplay? I've never had the luck of seeing one of these in person. I've also not been a fan of the Bally games in and around the year this was made.

I think Radical! plays quite well.

Things I like:
- I really like that a lot of the loop and ramp shots feed into others but there's enough uncontrolled shots required to keep things interesting.
- Some of the shots are reasonably easy and others (like lighting the R and I in RADICAL) are far tricker. That variety is good, and there's always the Spot Letter target if someone playing really, really can't get one of the shots.
- I like that there's a few different things you can do with the skill shot, like topping the left ramp and coming back down lighting two letters (is that a bug BTW?), depending on what you've already got lit.
- The ability to 'steal' another player's multiball.
- It's pretty fast without being insane. My opinion on that might change when I reassemble the table now I've cleaned it though.

Things I don't like:
- I don't like how frequent the "Skate or Die" sample plays during skate or die mode.
- The random Mega Millions jackpot. You can play an awesome game, get three jackpots and only get 15 million or have an average game, hit one jackpot and score 15 million. Maybe there's some logic to the amount of the jackpot that I don't understand, but it feels like the range should at least be less or fixed or directly related to game play (eg. count down the jackpot from 10 million to 3 million once multiball starts).
- I don't like that the right guide on the shooter lane defaults to being behind the rubber on the post, 99% of the time resulting in a smothered skill shot. It can be adjusted to miss the post, but seems to go back behind the post over time.
- Likewise the top loop's outside edge on the left exit; if carefully adjusted you can get a really nice loop and feed onto the top left flipper, but it seems to drift a bit. Once it's too wide, the ball starts hitting the post results in either a straight drain or hitting the jet bumpers rather than feeding the top left flipper. I hope I find once I reassemble the table I've got that it holds those two adjustments better.

I've seen a few weird bugs in the snake ball lock code and the Hit The Snake Run mode that ends up releasing both balls but not realising that it has so ends the game when the first one drains.

I think it's sad the VUK got dropped from production. The Snake Run being a target rather than a ramp doesn't really make sense when it says "Skate the Snake Run!". I suspect the third kicker that was dropped would also make things a bit more exciting.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I installed the third kicker, it was fairly easy, I also installed the vuk, it was not easy... took a year to source all of the parts.

The manual still lists the switches, solenoids, etc for the ball popper and the third kicker. Once you've got the parts do you just need to move the grey/white from the snake run target to the ball popper fork and run the rest of the wires as documented in the manual?Does the upper kicker make things a bit more interesting up there?

Quoted from Chosen_S:

I just put this cool toy in, wish I could find a few more skaters this size, especially one that's doing a tail slide

That looks pretty sweet. The whole table does. Did you make the lip on the vertical ramp or did you manage to find an unbroken one? I'm missing the portion from the 1st to 2nd screws while seems to result in the occasional air ball.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

I don't seem to have the skill shot issue you are having, maybe spend some time filling in the screw holes for the shooter guide and reposition the guide and re drill the holes so the guide stays put.

I was only able to get to one of the screws behind the guide while the ramps were on so I'm hoping that it'll stay put properly when I put it all back together again. I've seen someone else commenting on the same problem (not sure if it was on here or elsewhere), with the same result - the plastic above the two targets under the Vertical ramp is cracked and the upper target has been hammered.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

My snake run is also fine, maybe your switches need some adjustment, maybe not, maybe it's a rom issue??? I don't know, that's a strange one.

The only switch I've had issues with was the upper left ramp one (and now that I've got the table apart I can see why that happens - the upper left flipper has destroyed the cables) so I think it's a bug. It certainly only happens very infrequently.

I've seen the following sequence cause problems, I think always on the last player, last ball: with a ball already locked, drop the three upper targets, then lock the ball in the left lock, after the award sequence, the machine punts out both balls. I'm not sure it ever happens in single player. From memory, the ROM is European L1. I'll have a better play with this and see if I can reliably trigger the bug when I put everything back together - still waiting on parts to fix the GI connector on the interconnect board.

#104 7 years ago

Something I've noticed with the table I have is that the left edge guide of the shooter lane has been getting damaged. Occasionally the ball hangs up between the post, guide and gate, and I think the gate comes back into the lane too far as the right guide also has scratches/dents where the gate comes back and hits it. I'll add pictures later today.

This other post has a picture of a gate that looks similar, but very different to the one installed in the machine I have:

Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Cool you found a Radical! Congrats. Here's a pic for ya, hope it helps. I think the link you have from BAA is the ball trough gate, which my game is missing but doesn't need anyway. I can't find one that says specifically that it is for Radical, but this one for F-14 Tomcat looks like the same part.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6731

Can anyone take a pic of the gate at the end of their shooter lane for me?

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

PAPA fixed this for tournament use. PM me if you need the file, but you can use their version and the jackpot is 5mil every time.

I have a copy, but not the facilities to program it into an eprom. Given it's not actually my table I've been hesitant to buy one off tools to fix things.

1 week later
#109 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I don't seem to have the skill shot issue you are having, maybe spend some time filling in the screw holes for the shooter guide and reposition the guide and re drill the holes so the guide stays put.

This issue seems to have been resolved just through disassembling, cleaning and reassembling everything. There seems to be a slight groove that the guide sits in that it wasn't in before I cleaned it up.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

My snake run is also fine, maybe your switches need some adjustment, maybe not, maybe it's a rom issue??? I don't know, that's a strange one.

I thought the switches were fine, but while I was reassembling the machine I noticed there are occasions when the lock lane switch caught on the edge of the slot so perhaps that was the fault? The ball not registering as it went in for the cool bounce out thing it does so the machine then bouncing out both balls?

Quoted from ajfclark:

Can anyone take a pic of the gate at the end of their shooter lane for me?

Would still like a picture of this gate if anyone can post one?

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I can post a pic later, some actually remove the gate on purpose for added bonus when hitting the shooter lane switch??, plus it give an opportunity for the snake run skill shot again??
I keep mine in place, and I mounted a tech deck dog town skate board to it.

That sounds awesome. I'd love to see that.

TIA for posting pics. When you take them, I'm particularly interested in the shape of the wireform as the one I have is swinging back into the right guide and denting it.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

It slid back again today, note the guide against the rubber. It's probably less noticeable with the new post sleeves, but I'd prefer the plunger shot to not cannon into the bonus targets as the plastic there is already damaged:
20170319_180935 (resized).jpg20170319_180935 (resized).jpg
After adjusting it back out again, gap between guide and rubber:
20170319_181555 (resized).jpg20170319_181555 (resized).jpg
I can't tell if I just haven't done it up tight enough or if it's slowly undoing over time. If it happens again I'll compare with these pictures.

Out of interest, what angle do people put their Radical! at? The manual says 7 degrees.

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I have mine at 7.5 degrees

Does that make the top loops hard to hit?

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Maybe tap that last hole on the adjustment bracket and put a screw in it to hold it there...
Here's a few pics of mine

Ah, thanks heaps. That might have helped narrow down the issue. Is that the original wireform? The one on this table is missing the tab on the left that stops the gate swinging back into the right guide... I wonder if that's what's knocking the guide back? The ball sometimes hits it pretty hard from the left slingshot and when it comes back down the top left ramp.

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

My plastic here broken too

Mine too. I've found a scan of it (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-pinballneed-photo#post-669387) but I haven't been able to track down a left slingshot, the lip of the vertical ramp.

The one I'm really keen to get a scan of is the small purple and orange between the jet bumpers as that's completely missing and I've only managed to find a low res one that I'm not sure has the right proportions:plastic (resized).pngplastic (resized).png

2 weeks later
#136 7 years ago

What size rubber do people have at the start of the top left ramp, below the top left flipper, facing the jet bumpers?
Screenshot_2017-04-11_10-10-28 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-04-11_10-10-28 (resized).png
The manual says 1 1/2", but unless it's doubled up or something, that'd just flop around?

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Does anyone have these sized in a .pdf?

They should come out 152mm x 82mm.

The only ones I can find in PDF are: http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Bally/Bally_Radical_instruction_cards.zip

I think the original source was the ones by Mike S ([email protected]) linked here http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/index.htm
RadScore1 (resized).jpgRadScore1 (resized).jpgRadScore2 (resized).jpgRadScore2 (resized).jpg
I've been tempted to redo them. The hands not lining up with the text is bothering me.

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

The logo above the instructions is odd.
Otherwise nice!

Yeah, there's a few things odd about it. The hands not lining up always bothered me. The original cards do say Radical across the top with the little skateboard icons (http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/radicalscore.jpg).

Here's a quick combination of the text from Inkochnito's site (http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/) and the background from the above:
Bally_Radical_custom_instruction_card.pngBally_Radical_custom_instruction_card.png

#144 7 years ago

Game play question:

There's two ways to enter the snake lock, via the Snake lane/R shot at the lower left, or via the Bust-A-Move/I shot ramp in the top right (or the third a super lucky dribble up the top left ramp that doesn't make it across the X, but that's effectively the same as hitting the Bust-A-Move ramp).

Looking at the behaviour when the ball is getting into the lock via the Bust-A-Move ramp:

When I don't have a ball already locked: the ball is kicked out, nothing is awarded. eg. if the Snake Run is active, nothing happens and it doesn't light the R.

When I do have a ball locked: when the ball hits the gate in the lower left side of the X ramp the locked ball is kicked out, it hits the lock lane switch (highest of the three) and the R is awarded and the Snake Run animation/music/etc happens if that's currently active.

Is this a bug in the code or is this the expected behaviour or do I have something odd going on that I should be trying to debug?

20170319_184359 (resized).jpg20170319_184359 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#161 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

I believe I dont have the original flippers, apparently those are the same size however the original ones have lines on them. Any one knows the part number or where to get those?

The ribbed flippers are slightly longer, 9/64" or something. Cheapest place I could track them down in yellow was Marco: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9592-6

Quoted from psychopat:

My plastic from the left flipper, the top and bottom part is missing: Does anyone have a scan of it? Would love to make a reproduction piece. I assume a plastic shop should be able to laser cut the plastic, I can reverse print the artwork and stick it under so it looks completely stock.

I posted a scan of my slingshot plastics a few pages back, but from memory I'm also missing the very top edge of the left slingshot. [edit: yes I am, and I scanned it upside down for some reason: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/2#post-3633076 ]

I'd love a scan of the purple and orange plastic between the two left jet bumpers. A scan of the lip on the vertical ramp would be good too.

1 week later
#165 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Here's some titan rubber for your viewing pleasure!

Isn't the post right of the snake drop targets supposed to be a fat one? Does it change the shots up there much when it's a narrower rubber?

#167 6 years ago

Hey, I also notice you have a guide rail on the right outlane between the post and the exit of the shooter lane. I can't see it in the pics on IPDB for instance, but quite a few shots in the gallery have it. Was this an operator adjustable thing? Given the European version defaults to harder rules, was it not present on those tables?

[edit: Just went and looked and sure enough, I've got holes there, but there's no rail. ]

4 weeks later
#187 6 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I'll let you know, just about to swap rubbers out here.

How'd you go?

1 week later
#190 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Finally! I made it! I have few full sets for Radical Pinball. On pics you can see how it looks like. but it looks so good. i don't matched it yet with original but it looks really really cool. Let me know if somebody need it, i have few sets for sale. It can sold by parts, but full sets in priority. Hope everybody who ordered insert decals, already got new UV printed decals for inserts. i am already aplied mine on inserts and will start restore playfield soon. Also i have cabinet decals, but not printed yet... So if somebody need something. let me know thru direct messages.
Peace!

They look amazing!

1 month later
#194 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

skill shot plastic

Which plastic is the skill shot plastic? The top left ramp is the skill shot isn't it?

3 weeks later
#202 6 years ago

Just noticed that the kickback coil on the machine here is an ae-23-800 (measures around ~4ohm), but the manual calls for an ae-24-900 (~5.4ohm I think?). Will it make much difference? Could I just put a 1 ohm 5w ceramic resistor in series with the coil instead?

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from blkdog7:

Images attached. Looks like my shooter lane metal is already at the extreme. Not sure how I can move it up more to make that upper ramp shot on plunge.

Needs to go down, not up. The ball must get past the post rubber cleanly. It's pretty subtle to get the sweet spot.

This hits post and shanks into the red targets:
20170319_180935 (resized).jpg20170319_180935 (resized).jpg

This goes straight past the post and up the top left ramp every time:
20170319_181555 (resized).jpg20170319_181555 (resized).jpg

A bit further down and it'll miss the ramp again.

I find the same with the left exit of the top orbit. There's a sweet spot in the middle, but either side of that you can make the feed to the top left flipper impossible by making the ball hit the jets.

#225 6 years ago

I even had the pictures ready to go from a couple of pages back.

I found that until I replaced the ball gate, the ball going from the left slingshot into the guide slowly tapped it back (it had actually knocked a dent into it). I made a one way gate and the problem hasn't recurred yet. #fingercrossed

2 weeks later
#237 6 years ago
Quoted from blkdog7:

So... I fixed my shooter lane issue. Moved the metal guide forward so the ball clears the post rubber. Works perfect now! I can hit that ramp. What a fun and satisfying shot. Thanks for the advice, guys!

Now you can figure out just how much pepper to give the ball to get it to apex the ramp but roll back down, lighting a second letter for each skill shot. It reminds me of a hand plant on a vert ramp.

If the right diverter kicks it into the toilet bowl and it drops quickly, it's also possible hit the ramp again off the top right flipper and get the second letter for the skill shot.

1 month later
#250 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Link is broken

Remove the trailing P: https://www.instagram.com/p/BafA35BFsjY/

Looks good:
22582519_909083445906817_7915949112522964992_n (resized).jpg22582519_909083445906817_7915949112522964992_n (resized).jpg

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Did the drop target stickers come with it? Haven't been able to find those anywhere.

Marco has the lower ones: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1463-2015

1 month later
#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Jo4114:

If you are talking about the guide that fits over the top of the ramp mine was broken too. I just went to Home Depot and bought some Lexan Plex glass and made my own by tracing the old piece and using a Dremel tool with a side cut bit to cut it out.

The one here is also broken (so there's the occasional air ball to the top left ramp), but I don't have the missing piece to trace. I've been trying to find a scan of the whole piece so I can cut a new one. Any chance you could scan it?

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from Jo4114:

It's clear plastic so this is the best I could do...hopefully you can see the lines well enough to draw them in...

Cheers! I should be able to map that on to what I've still got to make it work.

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

Sold out, but thanks anyway
Anyone have a spare??

I check the diameter of the wire in an existing gate, go to my local welding supplier and purchase a stainless steel TIG welding rod in the appropriate diameter. I might have some left over from last time, I could make a copy of the gate tomorrow and post it down of you want?

#284 6 years ago

That looks pretty sweet, but there's no shoot again decal?

20171211_113632 (resized).jpg20171211_113632 (resized).jpg

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

well, came up with a solution.
Decided to customize her.

That looks the duck's nuts. Well done.

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Here you go sir.

But there's a yellow skateboard in the pictures of your machine?

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Oh crap...im sorry. I didn't even realize I put the ones in that I modified a bit.
I'll look for them in my files.

Did you fix the hands not aligning with the text on the instruction card? That always makes me twitch.

1 week later
#310 6 years ago
Quoted from blkdog7:

I'm glad you enjoyed the artwork. But, why sell it on eBay? That wasn't my intention.
ebay.com link » Radical Pinball Skateboard Deck Just Like Ballys Official Flyer From 1990

That's not me. Kind of rude to accuse me of that without contacting me at all first. I would've sent a PM in the first instance.

Weirdly the post you quoted isn't even discussing the skateboard? I'm thanking someone for their scan of the clear plastic from the vertical ramp.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from blkdog7:

Yeah, I have no idea why I replied to you about this. That was a mistake. That wasn't my intention.

Ah, just some fat finger work clicking on the wrong post.

If you edit your post, I'll edit mine and remove the down vote.

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from blkdog7:

I already deleted it. Not sure. Is it still showing? I realized the mistake right away.

I didn't know you could delete a post at all?

I see post #308: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/7#post-4142800

2 weeks later
#318 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

What is the proper post sleeve size for the post on either side of the drops by the snake run? They look fatter than normal. The manual is no help.
Thanks

Page 2-32 of the manual has the playfield layout.
Screenshot from 2018-01-09 09-06-01 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2018-01-09 09-06-01 (resized).png
It notes a different post type to the right of the drops #5 which is a rubber bumper post (02-4036-1) with the fat bumper on it (23-6551, not 23-6552 as in the manual). There's also a plastic spacer.

Looking at the Bust a Move ramp, it has a #5 pointing to the upper side of the entry, but the large circle is on the lower side. Looking at the gaps between the guides, there's space on the lower side, not the upper.

That's likely how the prototype was (as the manual seems to be written for that, not the production machine). Looking on ipdb, The prototype definitely had wide bumpers either side of the drops: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1904&picno=31928 so I'd assume wherever you have that wider circle, they had a post with the wide bumper.

I can't say for certain how production machines came out, but on the drops, I only have the rubber bumper bumper to the right side, same as this: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1904&picno=13522&zoom=1

On the bust a move ramp, I only have a wide bumper on the lower side. I'm pretty sure it won't fit in the upper side, and if it did, I think it'd make the right orbit shot really hard from the lower half of the playfield and if there was a narrow post on the lower post there might be a ball hang up.

The parts list breakdown on ipdb lists 2 x 23-6551 wide rubbers.

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Thanks. I knew the manual was wrong. I just need to find the plastic spacers now.

Digging through the parts list for things made of nylon I found part number 03-7973.

Looking at the picture on Marco, I think that's right: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7973 or http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/williams-parts/03-7973.html

I'll go check the dimensions.

[edit: the dimensions listed on the Marco site match what I've got. ]

#323 6 years ago

I am so glad someone else has finally asked about this too.

Yes. It annoys the shit out of me. You nail the shot and get... Sometimes flashers, sometimes nothing.

I suspect it's partially a code issue as there are times where the flashers go but no award given. That indicates the switch read as closed? The locked ball tends to get kicked too.

I've also had it go through so fast that there's no flashers and it didn't kick the locked ball out. In that case it seems it was just too quick.

It's been much worse for me since on lubed the spinners and they go for ages. Fast shots directly off the top left flipper with no spinners going seem to work ok, so maybe the pulsing of the spinner switches interferes or something?

I'm tempted to add a capacitor across the switch to increase the pulse length.

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Funny you mention the spinners. I think that may be the issue. The spinners are interrupting somehow. I had the glass off and would put the ball on the upper left flipper and shoot the bust a move ramp. It would collect 100% of the time. But when playing with the glass on, the ball whizzes by the spinners first and that's when I see it not collect sometimes. Let us know what you find out with the capacitor.

I've got a thread about the other randomness I've seen on Radical: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-switch-matrix-issue

Didn't get any traction.

2 weeks later
#326 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Funny you mention the spinners. I think that may be the issue. The spinners are interrupting somehow. I had the glass off and would put the ball on the upper left flipper and shoot the bust a move ramp. It would collect 100% of the time. But when playing with the glass on, the ball whizzes by the spinners first and that's when I see it not collect sometimes. Let us know what you find out with the capacitor.

I have finally managed to replicate this reliably in game:

• Right spinner (29 - col 4 row 5)
  • Middle man (27 - col 4 row 3) - twice
  • Top spinner (17 - col 3 row 1)
  • Left X Gate won't register (18 - col 3 row 2)

I made a video:

Any thoughts?

Edit: I've found that by flicking the middle man gate hard, the switch will close twice, once as expected and a second time when the gate swings back. I guess that lines up with the behaviour I'm seeing. Now to figure out how to fix it.

I've also found triggering the middle man 3 times everything works as it should, 4 times it doesn't work again. This makes me think there's something in the code that's causing the issue.

#327 6 years ago

This is what my middle man switch looks like:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Is that the right switch? Is it the right wireform on the gate? I feel like it should be bent differently so it only works when the ball rolls top down.

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

I tried your experiment in switch test mode. It appears that the ramp switch DOES register when both spinners are spinning. This leads me to believe this is a software issue.

Totally. I do exactly what I did in the video in switch edges and I see x-ramp left flash up every time.

Quoted from MRG:

During game play does it matter if both inserts are lit? The I and the million. I think I notice that when both inserts are lit they don't collect but when only one is lit it seems to collect most of the time. I need to investigate further.
I still think it's software.

No. It's easier to tell when it's happening if millions is lit (BITCHIN'!) but watching the flashers or locking a ball before testing works well. If the flashers don't go/the ball doesn't kick, it didn't react to the switch read.

The odds and evens thing makes me think it's 100% software - however if I can stop the middle man activating twice it seems to happen way, way less frequently. I could disable the middle man completely, but that would make it super easy to get the L as a dribble down the back of the spinner will then reward the shot.

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

My game has a 3-4 inch hex post where your locking nut is in your picture. My switch and wireform are the same.

Hmmm... so does this photo in the thread gallery: https://images.pinside.com/0/d9/0d9122dc1b3b68537142e8cd595a5132bcec11d6/resized/large/0d9122dc1b3b68537142e8cd595a5132bcec11d6.jpg

Wouldn't change the operation of the switch though.

2 weeks later
#338 6 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Are you required to do this sequence fast in order for the error to arise?

Yes it has to be fast and the order is important. It does seem to sometimes happen if the order is changed slightly (eg you can maybe start the top spinner first) but it's certainly most repeatable if it follows the same sequence as the ball. Never occurs if the MM is triggered before the right spinner.

Quoted from soren:

Same, do the spinner have to spin when X-left is triggered in order for it to not fully reward the shot?

I think they must still be spinning. I don't have enough hands to quickly trigger them just once and still get the MM and x-left in time. When properly set up, I can trigger the X-left switch 4 or 5 times before it rewards the shot. I think this has only been a really noticeable problem since I put a dab of lube on the spinners and their duration was overly extended.

Quoted from soren:

What is the purpose of the Middle man gate? Is it only to detect direction of the ball though the spinner?

The MM determines which way the ball is travelling through the orbit. Hitting the MM before either spinner stops it lighting a RADICAL letter for the shot though you still get points. The switch was misadjusted so it never closed when I got the machine and that made lighting the L trivial as a lot of misses in the upper end of the playfield roll back down the right side.

eg if you dribble down through the gate into the back of the right spinner, the L should not light but you still score points for the spinner spinning.

Triggering the middle man alone rewards points and triggers some flashers. I think that's why the right spinner must be going before you hit the MM for the bug to occur - the mm behaviour changes depending on whether right spinner has been triggered recently.

1 week later
#342 6 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Calling Radical owners.
I wonder if you can help me out here.
Do there excist an LA-2 ROM?
Anyone who knows of this.
You guys with games, can you go to the menu and see if it says "LA2 ID 00". By any chance.
Thanks.

I have a tournament rom, but it's just a minor patch of the L-1 ROM that makes the mega million jackpot 5 every time. I see "LU1 ID 00" and "European Level 1" (which defaults to hard, the proper ruleset for Radical! ).

1 week later
#349 6 years ago
Quoted from c78m:

instuction cards

Thank you, you're a gem.

#351 6 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Yes, thanks a ton! Please also describe or post a picture of how you mounted your board on top. Super Rad!!!

I'd guess the truck bolts go through a piece of angle that's then screwed to the top of the backbox.
A side view of the brackets would be useful.

3 weeks later
#388 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

How many different ramps make up Radial?

Vertical ramp, top left, top right, x ramp, lower right. Did I miss any?

Would it be possible to just make a drop in reinforcement for the bowl itself?

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Does anyone have a list of rubber ring sizes for the game? I didn't see one in the manual scan online. Yes, I'm being lazy

The it's in the manual (pages 2-32 and 2-33/86 and 87 of the pdf). I posted a few pages back querying the list given in the manual, specifically the rubber at the bottom of the top left ramp as that seems over sized.

You could try searching of rubber and sleeve in the parts list on ipdb... Should be close:
715 ...4 03-7357 sleeve-ball shooter 1
721 ...4 23-6327 ball shooter tip-rubber 1
824 ..3 RM-27-08 slit hose sleeve 1 1/4 24
851 ..3 23-6303 "white rubber ring 1 1/4""" 1
852 ..3 23-6308 "white rubber ring 3 1/2""" 1
853 ..3 23-6534 "rubber protector 20""in" 2
1236 ...4 23-6534-9 rubber protector 3/8 3
1398 ...4 23-6534-9 rubber protector 3/8 1
1575 ...4 23-6577 rubber bumper plug 5/8 2
1617 ...4 23-6577 rubber bumper plug 5/8 2
1930 ....5 23-6534-9 rubber protector 3/8 1
1994 ..3 RM-27-08 slit hose sleeve 1 1/4 24
2058 ..3 23-6300 "white rubber ring 5/16""" 2
2059 ..3 23-6301 "white rubber ring 3/4""" 2
2060 ..3 23-6306 "white rubber ring 2 1/2""" 3
2061 ..3 23-6535 grommet-rubber white 1
2062 ..3 23-6551 rubber bumper 3/4X5/8 yellow 2
2063 ..3 23-6552 rubber bumper sleeve-yellow 19
2064 ..3 23-6556 rubber bumper sleeve-black 1
2065 ..3 23-6641-1 white rubber ring 1

1 week later
#406 6 years ago

I always though it was a shame the Snake Run VUK got pulled... This is tempting: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-prototype-vuk-and-3rd-sling-add-on#post-3207375

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

that was mine, fun project, need to finish up the end of the subway, sometimes if the ball is moving too fast it hops out of the subway, but it’s very rare, works great for the most part

Have you just wired what was the target in the hole (#16 white/grey & green/red) to the fork switch and the popper coil in parallel with the upper drop reset coil?

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I started to wire up the fork, but the rom hates the constant actuation of the Switch, so I had to wire a rollover in the subway... then after the Switch actuates; the ball falls into the popper, and when the snake drop targets reset, the popper pops the ball back onto the ramp

I feel like it would make the most sense if the diverter fired too, sending the ball to the snake lane.

3 months later
#420 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Oh I wish you could get that scanned before re populating so we can kick in some coin and get an overlay done for so many trashed play fields.
Congrats

Probably be hard to scan now that it's so shiny.

3 weeks later
#428 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Hi Radical people
Question. Do you occationally experience, that two balls are ejected from the lock trough, when only the one entering should be punched out? And how often?
The ball in lock lane, SNAKE shot made but Skate-or-die not lit scenario.
Brilliant as the lock lane feature is, it is a balance of timing, ball speed and how well the switches and mechs are working.

Yes it happens, but not often except for the bug I posted about previously where the left X ramp switch doesn't register.

The other instance I've seen it a lot is when you fire a ball back into the snake lane quickly after it's just been kicked out. It totally ignores the second switch hit on the lane switch and then goes to multiball.

2 months later
#434 5 years ago

Thanks @soren. I will stream it as soon as I can. Sadly will be away for work for a bit so might be a few weeks.

patrickvc make friends with someone with a burner? I could send you one from AU but I suspect you could find a cheaper option in the US.

#451 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Juiced up right spinner will drain system resources.

That's what I get for lubing my spinners.

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from tdddddd:

Any way to patch the PA-3 Rom?

You're running the prototype ROMs because you have a subway and a VUK?

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from tdddddd:

Yes. I added the VUK and the upper sling kicker and have been running PA-3 for years. It would nice to have these updates and support for solenoids 3A and 15.

I imagine it is already incredibly difficult for soren to test against production machines, let alone reenabling features that were dropped from the prototypes. Maybe it's easier than I think though?

People have got the VUK and slingshot working with release software though.

From memory, people that just moved the snake run target to the VUK fork switch (#19?) had issues because the game didn't cope with it being held down. However, putting the switch in the subway itself and chaining the coil from the drop target reset coil seems to work I believe. You'd need to double check that in the mod threads on here.

The upper slingshot could just be directly switched, like an old EM slingshot, but it might not have much punch (though maybe that's not bad given the location) and I'd separately fuse it incase a switch got stuck.

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

The bugs are all found in the LA-1 rom.
And they are all fixed in the 8151 patch, yes.

So far so good, though I might update those labels with the patch number. I'll stream it in the next little while.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

I'll stream it in the next little while.

https://www.twitch.tv/ajfclark

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Looks like it was STTNG?

I moved to STTNG towards the end of the night... There's 3 hours of Radical before that.

Quoted from Clytor:

The video labeled "Playing VPK" is actually the Radical stream.

Yup, always forget to update something before I start. I'll update the video title.

Video will be here till Twitch kocks it off in a few weeks: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/333095864

Quoted from soren:

Awesome, Dude. Even with Radical [upside] down the game rocks.

It does! My play last night didn't, but I was handicapping myself a bit.

2 weeks later
#483 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

* Maybe not too obvious, but think about it. A spinner that is only supposed to be active when hit in one direction. That imposes somewhat of a dilemma even on paper, right.

This is the right spinner, correct? and switch above it is supposed to give you the directions around the loop, but as we found, due to bouncing, misadjustement, etc it's not always reliable. I wonder if retro fitting an opto would be better or worse - just swapping one set of problems for another.

8 months later
#495 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Plays as fast as a Tron if you put it at 9 degrees! No kidding, that’s what mine was set to when I picked it up haha. I’d go with the standard 6.5 though.

I think the manual says 7.

Incidentally, Freeplay40 is talking about doing some Radical! ramps... Test ramp was sadly no bueno but he's working on them: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/67#post-5102329

#496 4 years ago

Page 1-6:

#498 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Holy crap. Great news!

Indeed. If I was still pinsitting a Radical I'd be on that like a fat kid on cup cakes. I got one of @freeplay40's ramps for my space station and it is so much better than the original.

#501 4 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

You need to get the carrot flipper bats

Because they are slightly longer (9/64"?). https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9592-6

#503 4 years ago

Radical is on stage at pinburg?

#510 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright who’s shopped this game before? This game looks challenging to shop, do all those ramps remove easy enough? Lol

I've got a thread somewhere... let me dig it up.

Here you go: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-ill-just-change-the-rubbers-for-you/

There's additional photos here: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO8WtBmeB9PGykMov1v_T0uG1wBYQFxQgyUuEvtdnxIXAhGlNUG1aqLBrw6q5ATvw?key=Zm5PRXloOWZkWWFqQ1dRbE5ubmxfNVFVUTd6alhB

1 week later
#516 4 years ago

Interested pending $ $ and shipping

Go for it. You'll never source them locally.

2 weeks later
#524 4 years ago

Any plans for the old PF? What kind of shape is it in?

4 months later
#560 4 years ago
Quoted from JDinNOVA:

Skill shot - any one have any guidance for dialing in the skill shot? I have played RADICALs at shows and the skill shot is practically a given.
Tried manipulating the shooter rod by loosening the 3 screws and resetting it in several different positions. Have also bent and straightened the prongs on the gauge cover and stretched 1 spring (all red springs). Games has a standard Bally/Williams shooter and new sleeve. When it misses it hits the post just above the 2 targets. When it makes it, it seems that there is more snap with the shot.
Hope there are some good insights out there. Thanks!

I've got a post in this thread about adjusting the right lane guide of the shooter lane. I'll see if I can dig it out. Gimme a minute.

Linky link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/3#post-3659959

4 months later
#566 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Planning a long trip to pick up a radical. Head will need to be removed to fit in the car. Can anybody upload some pictures of the backbox? It look simpler to unwire than a WPC but I want to know what I am dealing with before I get there.
Thanks

Sound board: Cabinet speaker connector on the left
MPU: diagnostic switches and ground on the left and maybe the special solenoids/flipper grounds from the upper bit of the right side
Interconnect: Everything off the bottom, there might be one or two (power to drop targets?) in the middle on the left side that needs to come off, and the yellow off the right side of the interconnect board (check if it's burnt while you're there)
Aux board: A fair bit off thebottom and left sides, I don't remember the top needing to come off, and the bottom of the PSU.

There is aa molex floating down near the big cap too and the braid is on a wing nut bottom left side. I think that's it.

20170321_184321.jpg20170321_184321.jpg

If that's not high enough res: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WB1Hc6WPRGHmaxyh7

2 weeks later
#575 3 years ago
Quoted from Dicky:

I appear to missing that wire ball guide as well

For some reason I believe that ball guide wasn't in European machines. I have no recollection where I got that idea though. I made one from SS tig filler wire.

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Hi Radicalers,
dows anyone of you guys have a scan of the target decals? My Radical! misses all decals on the drop targets and I want to rebuild them.
Some impressions of my pin in the attachment.
Greetings from Germany[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You have the narrow top drops? Does the ball ever hang up on a lowered drop? The Radical I had was all wedge tops and even then still occasionally hung up.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8750
wedge topwedge top

#582 3 years ago

no screw adjustment underneath assembly to make it perfectly flat?

The 1 drop in each set was about 1mm different, so regardless of what I did, you could never get all 3 flush. I've I'd swapped them between the sets, I could've made it work, but then the decals wouldn't have matched.

Lower drops (resized).pngLower drops (resized).png

upper drops (resized).pngupper drops (resized).png

#585 3 years ago

is it burred on the metal where drop goes through?

Nope. The 6 targets are 2 distinct lengths, 3 of each. Nothing else is unusal about them or the mechs. Not in my possession anymore sadly, and never my actual machine or I would've done more to fix it. The full story of that pinsitting journey: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-ill-just-change-the-rubbers-for-you/

The owner took it home a few months ago.

2 weeks later
#600 3 years ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

I have a question regarding the Radical skill shot. What is it?
I've noticed that regardless of how I adjust the shooter lane, the ball will go up the tail slide ramp. I mean you don't even have to try. You just plunge the thing and it makes it up there.
So I'm curious what the skill shot is supposed to be? The advance letter scoring targets?

If you can just top out the ramp and come back down through the left ramp gate it'll spot 2 letters (original roms, I don't know if it was fixed in Sorens). If you then manage to top right flipper back through the gate again it can be 3 letters off the plunge.

The ket part of the adjustment is the end of the right guide of the shooter lane. I have a post a while back about it. If it's adjusted so the "skill" shot is less likely or impossible, the game is much harder.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/5#post-3949540
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/3#post-3659959

Likewise the outside guide at the left exit of the orbit can be adjusted to throw the ball into the pops, making the game substatially harder.

1 week later
#619 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:I believe the custom rom caps the jack-pot at 4 million.

Soren's Rom makes the jackpot cumulative within a given game for each player. 4, 6, 8, 10 million.

Quoted from per3per3:

It's looking like I'll be joining the club and definitely excited. A few questions:
1) what are the main differences between the original Rom and the Soren ROM and where can I get it?

Below is an old copy of the readme. I no longer have the patch files as the game has left my stable.

Release note

Changes

RADICAL progress is never lost.
Lock made progress is player individual (no hard lock stealing). And never lost.
New status report page: RADICAL lights lock -> Lock lit -> RADICAL lights multiball -> Multiball lit.

On tilt, a locked ball is only ejected in the case of both balls ending up in the lock trough.
Lower drop target bank reset omitted from ball search.
Pops added to ball search.

Menu adjustment 50 changed from "Display AU01-04" to "Contest game". Options: "No" and "Yes". Default: "No".
When Contest game selected: The lock trough kicker is omitted from ball search.
When Contest game selected: The X ramp diverter is omitted from ball search.
When Contest game selected: Snake run awards follow a fixed sequence. Cross balls, player individual.
The Snake run sequence: Million, Vertical, Skate, Tail, Million, Vertical, Skate, Tail, Mystery, Mystery,...
When Contest game selected: Snake run "next award" is indicated on the backbox translite.
When Contest game selected: The Snake run Mystery award is 100K.

The Mega-millions jackpot follows the fixed sequence of 4M, 6M, 8M, 10M, 10M,... Increment on collect. Player individual.

Ball tracking and handling are cleaned up.
No multiball false start.
No incorrect end-of-ball, when draining down to one ball-in-play.

A bug where Bust-a-move ramp shots would not register on fast combos, fixed.
A bug where Tail slide ramp shots would not always divert the ball, fixed.
Buggy X ramp diverter control with multiple up/down/up cycles on open, fixed.

Better postpond ball search handling when balls are held by the game.
A bug where Mega-million would go to last chance (timing out) on ball search, fixed.

A bug where the lower drop targets would stay down with no Spot letter option, fixed.
A buggy light show procedure related to the lower drop target bank, removed.

Tail slider start level is harmonised at level 2 for all players.
A bug where Tail slider mode would carry half baked to next player, fixed.
Tail slider exceeding level 15 no longer freeze the ball in the lock.
A bug where Tail slider would start on last "A" achieved as Spot letter on the ramp, fixed.

Messy logic regarding RADICAL progress and RADICAL shots indicators are cleaned up.
A bug where on tilt, the game would not shut down lights and music, fixed.

A bug where the kickback could be unlit but active by mistake in multi-player games, fixed.

Why it rocks

Lost progress is unfair.
Too severe random elements. Snake run, to some extend. Mega-million, most certainly.
Lock stealing now off the board.
Progressive jackpot.
Reward for skillful strategic play regarding the Skate-or-die Snake run trumph.
Ball search and tilt no longer mess up game states.
Proper handling of two balls in the lock trough by mistake. And two balls in play by mistake.
Both states may occure on even a top condition machine due to the dynamics of the wonderful lock trough mech.
Bug fixes. A lot of them.

Note

Lock made status sustains through a ball removed from the lock by opponents or a tilt.
Soft lock stealing only. Relock necessary, but opponents will never benefit a players achievements.

If Skate-or-die is lit, a Skate-or-die at the Snake run will award the Mystery instead.
The buggy diverter control would occationally make a diverted Tail slide ramp shot register as a Bust-a-move ramp shot.
The fixed diverter control allows plunging the ball to lock/start multiball, when lit, at start-of-ball.

Tail slider mode is lit on (radicAl) "A" collected. Re-lit on a spinner shot and at start-of-ball. Mode lit does not time out.
Once the mode is started, the Tail slider indicator runs on a 12 seconds timeout. Reset on a Tail slider collected.

The European ROM defaults to the hard pre-set. The mod, based on the US ROM, defaults to the medium pre-set. The medium pre-set is recommended.
Spot RADICAL on inlanes (adjustment 32) stops when the score exceeds 4M.

2 weeks later
#625 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I have joined the club and received my Radical yesterday. I am working through some smaller issues and could use the community's help. Here are my questions and I appreciate your expertise!
1) This is more of a system 11 question. Can someone either explain or perhaps point me to a link that clearly explains how to navigate the menus? This is my first System 11 and I need an education on the 3 buttons (reminds me of the demo man "he doesn't know how to use the 3 seashells?"). I know that the start button selects and it doesn't look like there is a confirm/save like on WPC games. How do I go directly to the diagnostic menu for instance where the switch and bulb tests are located? Once I'm done in the menus, how do I exit back into attract mode?

Here's a video I made playing with the display test on a Space Station. showing the buttons in the upper left. Same arrangement as Radical.

2) I have 1 credit dot for the "middle man" switch. Based on the manual, this seems to be the one that controls the right orbit gate. It registers fine in game so not sure why I'd be getting the credit dot. I have been to the switch test menu yet, but there doesn't seem to be a need.

The middle man switch in the right orbit, just behind the whirlpool bowl. It only indicates to the game the direction of the right side of the orbit. If it's misadjusted it'll never trigger, especially when the ball rolls down through the righthand A gate. If A lights when the ball rolls down from the top, it's not adjusted correctly.

3) I'm getting the soren roms today and wondering if there's anything in the menus I need to change once I install them? I'm assuming all current settings and scores will be reset to default.

yes they will

Finally, I have a set of brand new sling plastics that I'd be willing to trade for a nice/new skate or die plastic if anyone has one.
Thanks!

Good luck!

Added over 4 years ago:

Should have said L, not second A in point #2.

#631 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Thank you for the video. Man, they really improved the menu navigation in the conversation from sys 11 to WPC! Adding that 4th menu nav button really makes things easier. I'm sure this is something I'll get used to.
Appreciate the info re: the middle man switch as well. I'll do a roll test and will readjust it.

No worries. Good that someone is getting some use out of it.

#634 3 years ago

The top switch here is the middle man:
Middle Man (resized).pngMiddle Man (resized).png

Should activate either way the ball rolls through. This prevents the L (not the second A, my bad) paying when the spinner is hit from behind.

4 weeks later
#665 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I believe the score is 4 million, but guessing it may be a changable setting.

Set the machine to hard or tweaking adj32 (spot return lane) and that cheap easy thing is turned off. I think the game is better on hard in general.

4 weeks later
#671 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Hoping someone can confirm if I'm crazy because I'm at my wits end. I cannot get my left inlane switch to register consistently in the game to spot letters.
I've replaced the switch (twice!) and now probably have 3 hours into testing and tweaking and getting nowhere.
In test mode the inlane registers every time from every angle and speed, no issues at all. In the game it seems to pick and choose when to register. I noticed that when I shot the ramp from the right flipper the problem was the worse, so I thought maybe that the entrance to the ramp with that gate/switch combo was still registering (???) and the game just didn't catch up yet...so I played with that for a while and no change.
Thought maybe it was the speed of the ball, but again no issues in test mode. Can someone take some shots on their game and see if you get the left inlane to spot a letter each time? Maybe its a rules thing? I'm losing my damn mind...

There are some very odd things in the production code. Soren had to rewrite large parts of it because it wasn't very good. Like my random bug where if the middle man switch was triggered twice the million didn't trigger on the left X switch.

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

There is no setting that provides a save feature to give you another ball if you lose your ball in a short amount of time, correct?

Correct.

1 month later
2 months later
#761 3 years ago
Quoted from keanan_connell:

just realized my radical is missing the metal bracket for the end of the vert ramp causing the ball to jump the lane switch. Any idea where I could find one or am I shit out of luck and should try to fabricate something myself? and if the later is my only option can someone send me a good picture of what exactly it’s supposed to look like? Thanks y’all
[quoted image]

The bracket is completely separate to the ramp:

#765 3 years ago
Quoted from keanan_connell:

Here’s my hopefully temporary fix for my missing bracket. It’s definitely not perfect but I’m kinda surprised to say its working great and was pretty easy to make. That being said I’m still on the look out for an original. If anyone somehow has an extra please let me know. thanks y’all!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like it does the job. Glad to help.

2 weeks later
#778 3 years ago

Cliffy lane protector should do the job or you done have the right pitch set.

Angle would be the first thing I'd check. Radical is unusual in that the manual says 7° and it still plays well a little above that.

3 months later
#843 2 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Just doesn’t look right without the carrot flippers, though, does it?

Carrot flippers are also slightly longer, so the game is harder with regular flippers (and would be harder again with lightning flippers).

2 months later
#877 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Yea I had to keep it in Pa
So the missing slingshot, does production code / Soren’s code have logic to fire a slingshot there? Just won’t award points? I wouldn’t attempt the vuk, but working slingshot would nice.

I don't think so, but if you wanted you could just wire HV switches directly to the coil, like they used to on EMs? There was a thread somewhere about someone using a Gottlieb pop bumper control board too I think.

[Here's one pulling power directly from the MPU: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/started-my-radical-project-today#post-459234 ]

4 months later
#899 2 years ago
Quoted from Dokkaebi:

I'm putting a radical back together for a friend. The middle man switch was missing. I found the bracket in a box of parts, but I couldn't remember if it was a one way gate that pushed the switch or if it was similar to a ramp switch that could move both ways. If anyone could take some photos that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

both ways. And if possible close the switch both ways too, otherwise rollling back down through the gate triggers the right hand orbit's letter...

1 month later
#907 2 years ago

I either use music wire, or stainless steel welding filler rod. Works pretty well.

3 months later
#925 1 year ago
Quoted from radiomoz:

I figured out the loose cable. Does anyone know where this big post go ? I’m guessing maybe should replace the post I circled. ?? My game showed up with that post missing so I put that metal one.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You have nothing supporting the right side of that ramp in the background? It should be a hex post. Maybe they were using that double height instead?

2 months later
#937 1 year ago

I wonder if the skateboard diverter mech in Rush is the same.

7 months later
#1022 1 year ago
Quoted from MK4ARCADE:

Hello,
So I am putting together back my Radical and I am stuck on what type of screw is used for the diverter? I tried all the screws i have with no luck.
Thanks in advance
[quoted image]

My memory says #6-32.

The manual says the parts not shown are the plastic (03-8403) and the assembly (B-13629). Searching the parts list on ipdb:

1349 ..3 B-13629 diverter assy 1
1350 ...4 B-13630 brkt & post assy 1
1351 ....5 01-9655 brkt diverter 1
1352 ....5 02-4451 post 1
1353 ...4 02-2963 armature stop-bell 1
1354 ...4 02-4452 rod diverter 1
1355 ...4 03-7568 bushing-flipper 1
1356 ...4 10-128 spring-kicker 1
1357 ...4 20-8712-25 e ring 1/4 shaft 2
1358 ...4 4006-01005-06 ms 6-32X3/8 p-ph 3
2041 ..3 03-8403 divertor plastic 1

The only machine screws mentioned are the 4006-01005-06 ms 6-32X3/8 p-ph.

The screw on that diverter was difficult to get to and on mine, and I had to easy out the cross threaded and stripped screw and then retap before I could get a screw into it:

#1026 1 year ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Mine is not 6-32 , a lil bit smaller than 6-32[quoted image]

My brain said #4-40 but I went off the part sheet, however using your picture we can figure this out.

The screw on the right has 8 threads in ~220 pixels, the one on the left has 10. The right one is #6-32 so it's got 32 Thread Per Inch.

32 / 8 * 10 = 40

The left is 40TPI.

UNC:
#4 - 40 40 0.112 2.845 2.35 0.635
#5 - 40 40 0.125 3.175 2.65 0.635
#6 - 32 32 0.138 3.505 2.85 0.794

That could be UNC #5-40 or UNC #4-40. The only UNF with 40TPI is #6 so that's not it.

The major diameter on the #6 is about 125 pixels. The major on the left is about 102.

138 / 125 * 102 = 112.608

I'd say the left hand screw is a #4-40.

5 months later
#1095 8 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Omg, lol . How stupid
There’s a skateboard shop that will print that graphic, there’s a vector of the image here on pinside and Klov with a link and instructions.
It’s maybe $100
If it was a real 80’s deck, there would be no pink staining and no shrink wrap

It doesn't claim to be 80s (or 90s as it would be for Radical!). The listing says:

Custom Skateboard Deck commissioned by John Jacobsen from John's Arcade in 2017 inspired by the board shown being ridden in Bally's 1990 Radical! pinball Machine promo flyer.

I think that makes it even more ridiculous though?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ajfclark.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome?tu=ajfclark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.