20240120_151724 (resized).jpg
20240120_151707 (resized).jpg
20240120_151621 (resized).jpg
20240120_151628 (resized).jpg
20240120_145925 (resized).jpg
20240120_145918 (resized).jpg
20240120_151542 (resized).jpg
20240120_151600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Freeplay40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#512 4 years ago

I haven't posted any updates in this thread, but yes, I am in the process of making the upper left ramp (both versions) and the lower left Vertical ramp as well as the Vertical ramp cover. I'm keeping a list for those interested and this list is a little tricky. These ramps require a very thick plastic that I only use for these ramps. Generally I can get the plastic I need in just a day or two, but my local vendor does not regularly stock this thickness. I have around 30 pieces of plastic for these and it looks like they are pretty much committed at this point so I will likely order more of the thick stuff this week....Lead time is about 2 weeks. The upper left ramp is nearly ready to start forming....maybe tonight, but certainly by tomorrow. The lower Vertical ramp was just cast a few days ago and will need another 10-14 days to cure which should coincide with my next order of plastic.

If you are interested want on the list, let me know. If you are interested in the upper left ramps, let me know which version you would like. (The first version includes a cut-out for the original VUK and a cover over it. The newer version eliminated that cut-out) First version will be a few more bucks if you want the new VUK cut-out cover, but can be ordered without the cover. Will post prices this week.

Note: Ramps do not include decals.

1 week later
#519 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I’m wondering if I should order a set or the ramps. I don’t own the pin, but I’d like too lol.

I used to do that with CPR playfields.

2 weeks later
#530 4 years ago

Most likely with the new heater.

2 weeks later
#535 4 years ago

Just a teaser....progress on the Radical ramps. My brother is visiting right now for another month and brought the flu to me from Costa Rica! I have a lot to do so am simply saying no to playing right now so I can get through these current projects.

IMG_1508 (resized).JPGIMG_1508 (resized).JPG
#540 4 years ago

Small hiccup on the Radical ramps. Up until now I have been ordering this particular thickness of plastic from my local vendor. They do not as a practice, stock this thickness, so when I order, it takes 2-3 weeks for me to get it. The last order I received had just too many flaws in it for me to use a lot of them....I will be returning this to the vendor for credit. Now the good news... I have located a new vendor just north of Tacoma that regularly stocks this thickness of plastic and was competitive on the price. Normally, he can cut what I need same or next day, but my timing wasn't the best as his guy that cuts plastic will be on vacation next week. That said, I will get the next order in on Sept 8-9, which is still much faster than I would have gotten it from my current vendor who I have lost confidence in with this thickness. I have enough good product to cover most of the orders, but those toward the bottom of the list will have just a little more wait.

#542 4 years ago

Radical Ramps. While I wait a bit for the next plastic purchase so I can complete the list for the Radical ramps, I'm going to start shipping in just a couple days.

So here is the deal. I'm going to offer individual prices for the Upper left ramp (in 3 versions), the Vertical ramp and the Vertical ramp cover. A typical package would be the upper left ramp in any version, the Vertical ramp and the vertical ramp cover. Any combination order of 3 or more pieces I will knock off $5 per piece.

Individual Prices:

Upper left no cut-out for VUK $125
Upper left with cut-out for VUK $125
Upper left with VUK cut-out and factory VUK cut-out cover $135

Vertical Ramp $125
Vertical Ramp cover $25

Order 3 or more pieces take $5 per piece off.

I will figure out shipping shortly.

As soon as I figure out the domestic shipping I will start contacting folks on the list as well as confirming which upper left ramp version is desired.

Thank you for your patience....I know it seems like this stuff takes forever...... but I get there eventually!

Mark

#544 4 years ago

First two Radical Ramps shipping in the morning to the original donor (@dung). Note that the upper left ramp has the two light brackets riveted to the new ramp...because he sent them to me. Not included in my offering. Those brackets are normally riveted, but could just as easily be attached with small screws and nuts for those not set up to rivet.

IMG_1510 (resized).JPGIMG_1510 (resized).JPG
#547 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Are those lamp sockets available to purchase anywhere?

Not that I have seen. They are just flat pieces of circuit board type material that take a twist mount socket.

#548 4 years ago

The Radical pieces pictured below are now available. There are three different versions available of the upper left ramp. The original version on the left has the cut-out for the VUK. The version in the center is what I refer to as the "transition" piece. When the VUK was eliminated from the game, existing inventory of ramps with the VUK cut-out were provided a cover for the VUK cut-out. The version on the right is the newest version where the cut-out for the VUK was eliminated.

The second photo shows the new Vertical ramp and also the available new ball control cover.

Upper ramp original version $125
Upper ramp "transition" version with new cover $135
Upper ramp newest version $125

Radical ramp $125
Radical ramp cover $25

Package deal for the three pieces $260 ($270 if "transition version of upper ramp selected) There are a few of you who have requested additional sets...for each piece above the "package" simply take off $5 per piece.

Shipping for just the Upper ramp or the Vertical ramp $16
Shipping for the upper ramp, Vertical ramp and Vertical ramp cover $20
Shipping for just the Vertical ramp cover $10

Shipping for more pieces than shown above will be handled case by case based on what is ordered.

At this moment I only have 4 of the Upper ramps with the VUK cut-out simply because I was producing them secondly and ran into a bunch of unacceptable plastic that I am returning. I am picking up another order of plastic from another vendor for these on Tuesday.

I have a list but rather than spend the time to work through the list I'll let these go first come first serve as it is my ultimate intention to cover everyone interested.

Thanks....Mark

IMG_1512 (resized).JPGIMG_1512 (resized).JPGIMG_1513 (resized).JPGIMG_1513 (resized).JPG
9 months later
#587 3 years ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

As this is 11 months old, I'm guessing I missed the boat, but I too would be interested in the ramps.

I still offer them. I make them on demand so just a couple days to make what you want.

#589 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Any updates on the right ramps?

On the list for the new heater.

#593 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looking fwd to it!
Is that coming soonish?

That is probably going to depend on the weather....Summer was a slow start here. Things have settled down a little with ramp orders, so now turning my focus on the machine....well that and given that I gave up my last two summers making ramps, and last Winter into Spring dealing with my mother's estate...which is now completely done...I will be spending a little time enjoying this Summer....when its nice! Typically I make ramps on demand, but for the near term I am going to take requests and then do them in batches....like when it's raining!

I am very anxious to get to the "list" of ramps I want to do.

#595 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I assume you have a solution for the whirl-pool. The plastic there feels real thin.

I don't have the machine to actually look at what your are referring to. Both of the ramps I have already made were made with the thickest plastic I use which is basically the same as the originals. Ramps can be formed either as male molds or female molds. The first two ramps I reproduced were originally made on female molds. For female molds the plastic is drawn down into the ramp form and thins as it is pulled to the bottom, especially around the edges. I suspect they used the thick plastic to minimize that thinning. I reverse molded them, still using the thickest plastic which greatly increases the strength at the bottom of the ramps (uh, where the ball is!). Whenever possible, if I have the option to reverse form an original female mold to a male mold, I will do it....just better and stronger. If the other ramps were made on female molds, which by the photos I'm looking at appears to be the case, they will be reverse formed to male molds.

To demonstrate how reverse forming can improve a ramp, take a look at the attached photo of one of the Transporter ramps. The original is on the right and was formed on a female mold. My replacement is on the left and was formed on a male mold. Most obvious improvement is the thickness of the plastic at the drop hole, which is easily 4 times as thick as the original.

So to answer your question, Yes I can improve the ramp design.

IMG_1569 (resized).JPGIMG_1569 (resized).JPG

6 months later
#758 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Freeplay 40 reproduces that ramp. I assume it includes that piece.

Sorry....no.

1 week later
#766 3 years ago

I'm getting close to testing my new forming machine with the larger heater. Have just secured donor ramps for the remaining pieces on Radical so I can get started on the molds.

#775 3 years ago

Remaining Radical ramps in the house!

IMG_1719 (resized).JPGIMG_1719 (resized).JPG
6 months later
#872 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

What were some of things to look for? Cutouts for a vuk?

Looks like your cover for the VUK is mounted backwards...

2 months later
#889 2 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I need the lower left and lower right ramps plus the middle ramp with the divertor. Free-play has the lower left but I would rather buy them all three at same time.

Just about ready to cast the molds for the two piece "X" ramp and the upper right ramp....Upper left and the lower left (Vertical) ramp are available. Shooting for around the first of November for the new pieces.

1 week later
#892 2 years ago

Successfully formed and hand finished 2 of the remaining 3 pieces for Radical today. Will be attempting the first form of the giant "X" ramp in the next day or two.

IMG_1758 (resized).JPGIMG_1758 (resized).JPGIMG_1759 (resized).JPGIMG_1759 (resized).JPG
#894 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Does anyone make decals for the ramps? Maybe something custom, I realize the original artwork is most likely copyrighted. The Radicals I’m working on are getting the Freeplay40 ramps but I can’t locate any new decals for them.

Rick at Planetary helped me with the decals for the Comet center ramp, but I doubt there will be anywhere near the demand for the Radical ramps. That said I know that the decals on the donor ramps I was loaned were barely staying on the ramps, so careful removal with something like Goo-Gone and they could be reapplied to the new ramps. 3M 467MP decal transfer tape can be use to affix new adhesive to the decals.

7 months later
#933 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomasmoutarde:

Hey guys!

Happy to join the club!

Perfect pin dollies!

10 months later
#1067 10 months ago
Quoted from SkateOrDie:

Hi does anybody have any information on the ramp decals. I am about to replace my ramps with the new ones I just bought and realized they don’t come with new decals. Any help would be great thanks!

The Radical Decals come off pretty easily with freeze spray. The glue on the decals can be cleaned with Goo-Gone or even WD40. 3M makes a product 467MP that can be used to put new adhesive on the decals to remount.

8 months later
#1122 58 days ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Quick question does the “bust a move” ramp upper right does it have an entry switch on it?

No....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Freeplay40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome?tu=Freeplay40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.