20240120_151724 (resized).jpg
20240120_151707 (resized).jpg
20240120_151621 (resized).jpg
20240120_151628 (resized).jpg
20240120_145925 (resized).jpg
20240120_145918 (resized).jpg
20240120_151542 (resized).jpg
20240120_151600 (resized).jpg

There are 1,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 23.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

yes I do the same for some things... are you collecting extra boards for all of your games as well? I know guys that do that also, yikes!

A good deal on a board is a good deal on a board. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a board I know goes with something I have, and if you pick up like machines or projects, it's good to have spares like aux drivers and power supplies.

My problem has been for instance, buying the new dual ramp set for GNR, I haven't installed either one because I don't want them to crack and break because they're too hard to find. They'll probably hold up in home use, but I haven't braved it yet as I like just knowing I have them.

#402 6 years ago

On those miniature skate decks, I like the idea of them but the decks are more modern with their width and dual concave....I'm thinking about using that original Radical deck design, scaling it down and making a miniature more true to the original, adding wheels from the tech sets..hmmm...stay tuned.

#403 6 years ago

I'll be up for a set of 5 ramps if they get made.

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am under the impression that if someone already has the original molds (sounds like Starship fantasy may?) then they like to make at least 100 and need to sell 40 to break even point.

I have not heard anyone has the original molds... I know I inquired many years ago with James at PinBall Inc. and he did not have the original molds...at that time.

#405 6 years ago

Count me in for a set of repro ramps if they get done!

#406 6 years ago

I always though it was a shame the Snake Run VUK got pulled... This is tempting: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-prototype-vuk-and-3rd-sling-add-on#post-3207375

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

I always though it was a shame the Snake Run VUK got pulled... This is tempting: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-prototype-vuk-and-3rd-sling-add-on#post-3207375

that was mine, fun project, need to finish up the end of the subway, sometimes if the ball is moving too fast it hops out of the subway, but it’s very rare, works great for the most part

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

that was mine, fun project, need to finish up the end of the subway, sometimes if the ball is moving too fast it hops out of the subway, but it’s very rare, works great for the most part

Have you just wired what was the target in the hole (#16 white/grey & green/red) to the fork switch and the popper coil in parallel with the upper drop reset coil?

#409 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Have you just wired what was the target in the hole (#16 white/grey & green/red) to the fork switch and the popper coil in parallel with the upper drop reset coil?

I started to wire up the fork, but the rom hates the constant actuation of the Switch, so I had to wire a rollover in the subway... then after the Switch actuates; the ball falls into the popper, and when the snake drop targets reset, the popper pops the ball back onto the ramp

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I started to wire up the fork, but the rom hates the constant actuation of the Switch, so I had to wire a rollover in the subway... then after the Switch actuates; the ball falls into the popper, and when the snake drop targets reset, the popper pops the ball back onto the ramp

I feel like it would make the most sense if the diverter fired too, sending the ball to the snake lane.

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

I feel like it would make the most sense if the diverter fired too, sending the ball to the snake lane.

About 20% of the time the ball does go to the snake lane... maybe with a little tweaking it might be possible to up that percentage

#412 5 years ago

I did some work to try and preserve my ramps. My friend zimjoe gave me some Genesis Cliffys. I tweaked those and used them on the lower left ramp. I made the rest of the ramp protectors by hand.

053B57E0-5DC4-49F4-A88B-34C17FBD5777 (resized).jpeg053B57E0-5DC4-49F4-A88B-34C17FBD5777 (resized).jpeg

B17D4BB8-5D3B-4652-9F74-CC3981B45284 (resized).jpegB17D4BB8-5D3B-4652-9F74-CC3981B45284 (resized).jpeg

9F3F4024-3DC1-43F9-80D4-A88E44CE3848 (resized).jpeg9F3F4024-3DC1-43F9-80D4-A88E44CE3848 (resized).jpeg

3FBB08E6-5260-4E32-9BCE-8E4EB29F9460 (resized).jpeg3FBB08E6-5260-4E32-9BCE-8E4EB29F9460 (resized).jpeg

#413 5 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Somebody know where i can get 03-8230-3 glass retainer?

Also looking for the same part... would be happy with a decent 2nd hand one... some numbskull PO drilled holes in mine...

(Pinball Centre doesn't seem to have it anymore)

1 month later
#414 5 years ago

Is there a way to shut off spotting a Radical letter on the plunge. I’m really wanting to set mine where you have to shoot to earn every letter. No freebies

1 week later
#415 5 years ago

I added pinstadium to my game. I also added new sling plastics and one new plastic by the stand up targets that I got from vbobrusev .

IMG_0984 (resized).JPGIMG_0984 (resized).JPG

IMG_0983 (resized).JPGIMG_0983 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#416 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Is there a way to shut off spotting a Radical letter on the plunge. I’m really wanting to set mine where you have to shoot to earn every letter. No freebies

Dude I’m so glad you finally found your Radical . Totally Radical!

#417 5 years ago

3 long years of searching. I’m very happy to have finally landed one. I knew it would be a long time before you wanted to sell yours because I know now how awesome and totally rad it is. Couldn’t wait any longer

1 month later
#418 5 years ago

A really big thanks to CaptNeo who got these clearcoated and back to me in a quick fashion. Here’s my Radical! freshly cleared and ready to reassemble. Will be reassembled in a week or 2.

Thanks!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#419 5 years ago

Oh I wish you could get that scanned before re populating so we can kick in some coin and get an overlay done for so many trashed play fields.
Congrats

#420 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Oh I wish you could get that scanned before re populating so we can kick in some coin and get an overlay done for so many trashed play fields.
Congrats

Probably be hard to scan now that it's so shiny.

#421 5 years ago

That CC’d PF going to play crazy fast now! Looks great.

#422 5 years ago

I dream of finding a restorale radical pf to have neo do up and clear! Looks amazing!

#423 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

3 long years of searching. I’m very happy to have finally landed one.

I don’t usually put custom plunger knobs on, but I feel like Radical is begging for a skateboard wheel on bearings so it turns. I skate 66mm’s usually, but maybe a 54-60 would be more comfy on the plunger.

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I don’t usually put custom plunger knobs on, but I feel like Radical is begging for a skateboard wheel on bearings so it turns. I skate 66mm’s usually, but maybe a 54-60 would be more comfy on the plunger.

YEs they’re pretty cool, I sell them sometimes, they work great, and they look good and the wheel still spins, bearings included

#425 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I would say the smaller, the better, in this case. Maybe use some old New Deal bearing covers

1 week later
#426 5 years ago

Due to space constraints, I might consider selling if the right price was offered. Fresh back from a beautiful clear-coat at CaptNeo’s .

Ps. The dark looking shooterlane is a shadow, it is not dark.

12FB77E8-70AF-430E-B6AA-569D344EB489 (resized).jpeg12FB77E8-70AF-430E-B6AA-569D344EB489 (resized).jpeg59046345-7133-4516-B41C-21454F2D50CA (resized).jpeg59046345-7133-4516-B41C-21454F2D50CA (resized).jpeg73A8065B-0774-479F-874D-2E1C8F4D13E1 (resized).jpeg73A8065B-0774-479F-874D-2E1C8F4D13E1 (resized).jpegB0D374A5-2660-4C97-A1C9-44EBA35EB9A5 (resized).jpegB0D374A5-2660-4C97-A1C9-44EBA35EB9A5 (resized).jpegFCC6DC50-031B-49F0-8E1D-13399777B9FC (resized).jpegFCC6DC50-031B-49F0-8E1D-13399777B9FC (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#427 5 years ago

Hi Radical people

Question. Do you occationally experience, that two balls are ejected from the lock trough, when only the one entering should be punched out? And how often?

The ball in lock lane, SNAKE shot made but Skate-or-die not lit scenario.

Brilliant as the lock lane feature is, it is a balance of timing, ball speed and how well the switches and mechs are working.

#428 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Hi Radical people
Question. Do you occationally experience, that two balls are ejected from the lock trough, when only the one entering should be punched out? And how often?
The ball in lock lane, SNAKE shot made but Skate-or-die not lit scenario.
Brilliant as the lock lane feature is, it is a balance of timing, ball speed and how well the switches and mechs are working.

Yes it happens, but not often except for the bug I posted about previously where the left X ramp switch doesn't register.

The other instance I've seen it a lot is when you fire a ball back into the snake lane quickly after it's just been kicked out. It totally ignores the second switch hit on the lane switch and then goes to multiball.

2 months later
#429 5 years ago

New Radical software mod

The craziest one yet. A major overhaul of Radical clearing out bugs and modifing rules to make it suitable for multi-player competition play.

A very cool game that was unbelievably buggy and absolutely broken for competition. Well, not anymore.

Radical
LA-1 patch 8351
Download link: https://tinyurl.com/yc5re26p

Release note

Changes

RADICAL progress is never lost.
Lock made progress is player individual (no hard lock stealing). And never lost.
New status report page: RADICAL lights lock -> Lock lit -> RADICAL lights multiball -> Multiball lit.

On tilt, a locked ball is only ejected in the case of both balls ending up in the lock trough.
Lower drop target bank reset omitted from ball search.
Pops added to ball search.

Menu adjustment 50 changed from "Display AU01-04" to "Contest game". Options: "No" and "Yes". Default: "No".
When Contest game selected: The lock trough kicker is omitted from ball search.
When Contest game selected: The X ramp diverter is omitted from ball search.
When Contest game selected: Snake run awards follow a fixed sequence. Cross balls, player individual.
The Snake run sequence: Million, Vertical, Skate, Tail, Million, Vertical, Skate, Tail, Mystery, Mystery,...
When Contest game selected: Snake run "next award" is indicated on the backbox translite.
When Contest game selected: The Snake run Mystery award is 100K.

The Mega-millions jackpot follows the fixed sequence of 4M, 6M, 8M, 10M, 10M,... Increment on collect. Player individual.

Ball tracking and handling are cleaned up.
No multiball false start.
No incorrect end-of-ball, when draining down to one ball-in-play.

A bug where Bust-a-move ramp shots would not register on fast combos, fixed.
A bug where Tail slide ramp shots would not always divert the ball, fixed.
Buggy X ramp diverter control with multiple up/down/up cycles on open, fixed.

Better postpond ball search handling when balls are held by the game.
A bug where Mega-million would go to last chance (timing out) on ball search, fixed.

A bug where the lower drop targets would stay down with no Spot letter option, fixed.
A buggy light show procedure related to the lower drop target bank, removed.

Tail slider start level is harmonised at level 2 for all players.
A bug where Tail slider mode would carry half baked to next player, fixed.
Tail slider exceeding level 15 no longer freeze the ball in the lock.

Messy logic regarding RADICAL progress and RADICAL shots indicators are cleaned up.
A bug where on tilt, the game would not shut down lights and music, fixed.

Why it rocks

Lost progress is unfair.
Too severe random elements. Snake run, to some extend. Mega-million, most certainly.
Lock stealing now off the board.
Progressive jackpot.
Reward for skillful strategic play regarding the Skate-or-die Snake run trumph.
Ball search and tilt no longer mess up game states.
Proper handling of two balls in the lock trough by mistake. And two balls in play by mistake.
Both states may occure on even a top condition machine due to the dynamics of the wonderful lock trough mech.
Bug fixes. A lot of them.

Note

Lock made status sustains through a ball removed from the lock by opponents or a tilt.
Soft lock stealing only. Relock necessary, but opponents will never benefit a players achievements.

If Skate-or-die is lit, a Skate-or-die at the Snake run will award the Mystery instead.
The buggy diverter control would occationally make a diverted Tail slide ramp shot register as a Bust-a-move ramp shot.
The fixed diverter control allows plunging the ball to lock/start multiball, when lit, at start-of-ball.

Tail slider mode is lit on (radicAl) "A" collected. Re-lit on a spinner shot and at start-of-ball. Mode lit does not time out.
Once the mode is started, the Tail slider indicator runs on a 12 seconds timeout. Reset on a Tail slider collected.

The European ROM defaults to the hard pre-set. The mod, based on the US ROM, defaults to the medium pre-set. The medium pre-set is recommended.
Spot RADICAL on inlanes (adjustment 32) stops when the score exceeds 4M.

Previously released software mods. All updated with LunarIPS patches. Many with backbox info sheets.

Creature From The Black Lagoon
Demolition Man
Dr. Dude
Earthshaker
High Speed
Junk Yard
Pool Sharks
Star Trek The Next Generation
Taxi
The Addams Family
The Getaway High Speed 2
Theatre Of Magic

Get them all here: https://tinyurl.com/yb52ld5z

RadicalLightsMultiball (resized).jpgRadicalLightsMultiball (resized).jpg

#430 5 years ago

Awesome. Now I just have to buy a radical again.

#431 5 years ago

Dizzam, updates for a game that old?!? You rock!! Totally going to get this installed.

#432 5 years ago

I still need a new play filed or hard top

#433 5 years ago

How do we install the new Rom if I don’t have a way of burning onto a chip? Can I buy the rom chips needed?

#434 5 years ago

Thanks @soren. I will stream it as soon as I can. Sadly will be away for work for a bit so might be a few weeks.

patrickvc make friends with someone with a burner? I could send you one from AU but I suspect you could find a cheaper option in the US.

#435 5 years ago

HOLY SHIT! This is more exciting than the prospect of new Ghostbusters code. I'm going to download and burn tonight. soren you are the man!

#436 5 years ago

I'm in for a new set of ramps if you don't have me counted yet.

#437 5 years ago

I am having trouble with the link? empty 25kb folder?

#438 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

How do we install the new Rom if I don’t have a way of burning onto a chip? Can I buy the rom chips needed?

I picked up an eeprom burner for making NES repros, so we can burn them no problem. Need the right chips though. Also need to see if the chip is soldered on the motherboard or has a socket. I'm not really down for soldering on my radical boards, I'd let Kris do that

#439 5 years ago

I would think game rom chips would be socketed because the versions could get changed all the time. I’ll check my boards tonight and see if mine are socketed.

#440 5 years ago

If anyone stateside is able to burn this new rom, I would happily buy a set from you and pay for shipping and your time.

thanks

#441 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone stateside is able to burn this new rom, I would happily buy a set from you and pay for shipping and your time.
thanks

Me too!

#442 5 years ago

Me three

#443 5 years ago

Me 4

#444 5 years ago

hi i am rompingirl on ebay , i can patch and burn this rom . let me know if i can help.

#445 5 years ago

If you get the chips done post a eBay link to where we can purchase

#446 5 years ago

Dang. Me 5 and I am in on ramps if this happens please count me in.

#447 5 years ago
Quoted from CCary:

Ramps? Who’s making ramps?

#448 5 years ago
Quoted from CCary:

Hello from another Radical, just down the road!

#449 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Ramps? Who’s making ramps?

I am slowly working on one, but no plans to release it when finished. Just getting the mold done has taken years as it keeps getting pushed to the back burner.

#450 5 years ago

For the curious, here is a rundown of issues found on Radical.

All are fixed!

- RADICAL progress is never lost.

With a ball locked and some RADICAL progress, this progress is lost if the ball is nailed from the lock by opponents or tilt. Relocking basically resets the build-up to multiball.

- No multiball false start.

Two balls in lock trough, when the one was supposed to be ejected, will always start multiball.

- No incorrect end-of-ball, when draining down to one ball-in-play.

Two balls ejected to playfield, when the one was supposted to stay in the lock, will go to end-of-ball when draining down to one ball-in-play.

- A bug where Bust-a-move ramp shots would not register on fast combos, fixed.

Juiced up right spinner will drain system resources.

- A bug where Tail slide ramp shots would not always divert the ball, fixed.

Part 1:
On Skate-or-die lit at start-of-ball, this is ignored on ball launch. So so wrong.
And even worse. The ramp logic stays like this into game play.
Until some unknown condition, where the game will accept Skate-or-die on ramp made.

Part 2:
Buggy diverter control can release the diverter too quickly. Before the ball would reach to it.
This also explains the false registering as a Bust-a-move ramp made, when the timing of events are divert->release->ramp made.

- Buggy X ramp diverter control with multiple up/down/up cycles on open, fixed.

This is related to the one above. May occure when the ramp enter roll under switch is closed several times per shot on the gate jiggling.

- Better postpond ball search handling when balls are held by the game.

When balls eject at multiball start, you only have about two seconds till ball search kicks in. Very dangerous for the controlled type players, because of...

- A bug where Mega-million would go to last chance (timing out) on ball search, fixed.

Yep. Too bad.

- A bug where the lower drop targets would stay down with no Spot letter option, fixed.

Lock a ball without making any lower drops. On new ball-in-play make all of the lower drops and wait for the Million to time out.
They will stay down till the ball walks an inlane. No Spot letter.

- A buggy light show procedure related to the lower drop target bank, removed.

Check out the flicker of the radicAL and Letter value indicators.

- Tail slider start level is harmonised at level 2 for all players.

Tail slider starts on level 3 (third ramp shot is diverted to left and mode ends) for player 1. For players 2, 3 and 4 it is level 1.

- A bug where Tail slider mode would carry half baked to next player, fixed.

The remaining tail sliders till mode ends, current run, is inherited from previous player.

- Tail slider exceeding level 15 no longer freeze the ball in the lock.

Completing level 15 constitutes a memory overwrite that can freeze the ball in the lock.

- Messy logic regarding RADICAL progress and RADICAL shots indicators are cleaned up.

RADICAL progress indicators chase light is awkward.
Shot indicators would occationally stay off after lock made.

- A bug where on tilt, the game would not shut down lights and music, fixed.

Make the bob tap against the ring. And then hold against the ring. The nudge tilt and the lift tilt procedures trip each other.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 1,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/9?hl=vbobrusev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.